don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. RDNexus

RDNexus

Dear Goodness, the rollercoaster running around here like a freight train awaiting a suplex xD

Just as good as the movies' humor, keep them coming :V

2. Chimes

Chimes

The One SSG-EG Maniac Member
    you know seth as mephiles doesn't sound so bad

3. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    You know there are kid movies, rated PG, that deal with death and murder right? Lion King is rated G and literally has murder and animals getting eaten alive (off screen and implied)

Sonic Adventure 2 was a rated E game when I was 8 years old it was obvious she was shot and killed.

There is no precedent for them to NOT keep Maria's story accurate. Especially when even 4kids left it alone (in terms of how she died even if they cut the scene)

4. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    Has nothing to do with kid movies not dealing with death. It's just not the kind of topic that fits the tone of the films so far. Sure, Alvin And The Chipmunks could have a scene where a teenage girl gets shot and killed by the corrupt military-industrial complex and still have a PG rating, but wouldn't that still be fucking weird? Sonic has gotten away with it so far because the tone of the games has always been more "anime", but the films are more like the MCU but for even smaller children. GUN has already been shown onscreen to act like a bunch of cartoon characters, so "getting real" all of a sudden would just be jarring.

And furthermore, the entirety of Shadow's backstory was notoriously considered too dark for Sonic even when SA2 was new and most people consider it flawed in execution even if they do like the idea. Maria is a woman in a refrigerator.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2024
  5. Kilo

Kilo

That inbetween sprite from S&K's title screen Tech Member
    Canada
    Could Maria get out of the fridge I need to pour a glass of milk :V

6. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    During the day -> censored. For evening showings -> uncensored.

It's very simple.

And kinda funny.

Edit:
    And remember kids, don't run amok with a gun. Or better, don't run amok at all.

It's sad.

Speaking of sad things, if Shadow had a Chaos Emerald with him during the accident, he could have easily stopped that silly soldier. I bet that bites.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2024
  7. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    I will probably never have another excuse to bring this up but I genuinely think his company Fuzzy Door is a perfect candidate for executing a faithful live action SA2 adaptation if they were even nudged in the right direction and it's kind of depressing knowing it would never happen. If you've ever seen The Orville (Season 3 in particular) you might understand a little bit what I'm talking about (Or even the Ted show, that shares some similar qualities). and if you haven't you need to watch that show.

8. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    I never knew how much I needed this until now.

9. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    While I still disagree I get what you're saying. It'll be a pretty big tonal shift to go from Olive Garden jokes and Sonic passing gas after eating a Chili Dog to Maria getting shot and Shadow experiencing PTSD on screen.

I have faith they'll find a way to make this work but I understand the concern.

10. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    Didn't they almost kill an old woman in one of the movies by accidentally throwing her onto an escalator, backwards, and on a wheelchair?

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • List
  11. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
  12. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    KNUCKLES SMASHES RECORD FOR A PARAMOUNT+ TRAILER DEBUT IN FIRST 24 HOURS

February 9, 2024 – Yesterday’s debut of Paramount+’s first official trailer for its upcoming original event series KNUCKLES has smashed the service’s record for a trailer debut across all original programming on social platforms in the first 24 hours. The trailer also trended #1 yesterday on YouTube and #2 on Twitter in the U.S.

It was 4 million on day 1. What was the previous record holder? I don't know! None of the press sites are actually saying anything. I'd have to dig deeper. But the trailer did show up at least 2 times during the Super Bowl game.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Kilo

Kilo

That inbetween sprite from S&K's title screen Tech Member
    Canada
    It is now 100% confirmed Ayla Browne is playing Maria, if the memes didn't make it obvious enough.
    20240216_065652.jpg
    I was a little confused why she was wearing her jacket backwards like this, thought maybe it was a kid doing kid things, but then I realized she's probably in costume and can't reveal it. Or she's practicing for her scenes in a body bag :V

Last edited: Feb 16, 2024
    • Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  14. sayonararobocop

sayonararobocop

No way, she's showing that Maria will be an all-CG character consistent with SA2.

15. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    Woah, they're making Maria a shark...

16. Vertette

Vertette

Imagine being a parent taking your kids to the Sonic 3 premiere. They saw the first two Sonic movies and they were cute so this should be fine. You sit down with your children watching a black hedgehog who lives at a space station and is friends with a little girl, it's wholesome but all the older guys in the cinema are sitting down at the edge of their seat like something's gonna happen. Suddenly soldiers start raiding the station and the guy sitting next to you whispers to his friend "oh man here it comes" right before the little girl gets shot right in the chest and the theater bursts out in cheers and applause. Your children just sit there in confusion.

This will happen to some poor parent and I feel bad for laughing about it.

17. TheCleanerDragon

TheCleanerDragon

Squad Leader Member
    I wouldn't want it any other way.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 4
    • List
  18. Felik

Felik

"Mom, what's NIDS?"

19. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    *Shadow and Maria escape the GUN Soliders*
    "It's okay, they won't find us here."
    "Shadow, I don't feel so good."
    *Maria pulls her hand away from her stomach to reveal it's covered in blood*
    *audience le gasps*