don't click here

Sonic Anniversary Symphony going worldwide

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by grantpa, Jun 23, 2021.

1. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I like how his stream ended RIGHT AFTER they said they were gonna do one last song.

2. karlafalves

karlafalves

Gaia Gate Guard Member
    Brazil
    Does anyone managed to get this photo from the last stop here in Brazil in UHQ?

[​IMG]

3. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Superstars Intro at the Sonic Symphony:

Man, it's already two months until the Atlanta show. That's gonna be a great way to close out the year.

4. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Ah, SA1's It Doesn't Matter is just the best.

5. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    If anyone is going to the next one PLEASE record the credits if you can.

6. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    I'm in Chicago for tonight's show but the theater rules says no recording. However I'll have my phone at the ready in case they somehow do allow it after all (and I remember to record it in the first place lol).

EDIT: Guess I should ask why you're requesting this. Do you just want the song that plays during them or are you just wanting to see the names listed?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2023
  7. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I just want the names.

8. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    Cool. I'll see what I can do. Again, if they do end up allowing some recording at this.

Now I just gotta find a way to kill time before the show...

9. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    Uhh why the fuck did the intermission just play Deltarune music??

10. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    Is that what that music was from? The only stuff I recognized was the Phoenix Wright stuff. Random, but appreciated.

Anyway, here's a video of the credits. Apologies if the quality isn't the greatest but the names are all legible at least.
    https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/kzv9...2157.mp4?rlkey=va4wtrzyvj5k8v0wkqak0lpin&dl=0

Full setlist
    Sonic 1 Medley
    Sonic CD Medley
    Sonic 2 Medley
    Sky Sanctuary
    Mania Medley
    Believe in Myself/It Doesn't Matter
    Chao Medley

Exclusive to this show (or so they claimed; I haven't checked other set lists cause I tried to be as spoiler free as possible)
    Rooftop Run
    Aquarium Park/Planet Wisp - Planet Wisp was fucking beautiful holy shit
    Frontiers Medley

INTERMISSION

Part 2
    I Am All of Me
    What I'm Made Of
    Open Your Heart
    Knight of the Wind
    His World
    Fist Bump
    Reach for the Stars
    Endless Possibility
    Break Through It All
    Sonic Superstars Opening Theme
    Pumpkin Hill
    Undefeatable
    Escape From the City
    Live and Learn

Show was fucking awesome. I'm tired. I'm going to drink a soda, eat some cold ass pizza and take a shower before I pass out.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  11. NoNameAtAll

NoNameAtAll

MY HAT'S ON FIRE. HALP! Moderator
    Pumpkin Hill was a funny, but welcome surprise. Fitting, considering Halloween's coming up. Just genius lol.

12. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    You know, one game in surprised has seen no love from the Symphony so far is Runners. I’m pretty sure that’s Ohtani’s favourite OST he’s made and I think its most iconic tracks would translate really well to the symphonic style.

13. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Thanks. This is what I like to see. I'll buy you food if we ever meet.

Now the real test. I was assuming the credits were unique to every concert simply because music was added to each so who is going to an upcoming concert and can you record the credits as well? If they are the same I can put this to rest, though I do wish we had the L.A. credits since these credits mention "rap" in them and I assume that is Pumpkin Hill which L.A. didn't get.

Thanks again for these credits and the setlist, Sally~

14. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    Now I'm a little glad I didn't go because I would have felt really cheated if I didn't get to hear the 06 bit live. That was my favorite of that whole section.

15. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    From your setlist, I think only Pumpkin Hill is something that's not been in another show.

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Pumpkin hill was at Boston actually.

17. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    You're welcome! If I ever go out to L.A. again I'll remember to hit you up lol.

So it seems. I checked a set list someone posted earlier and the same three "exclusives" were also in that show. Ah well... I'm actually glad other people got to hear them. The + - Planet Wisp   arrangement was fantastic. People cheered when it came on (as they did with many songs), but then it got super quiet. Like... the beauty of that song just seemed to hit everyone and we all just... kinda sat there and bonded or something.

Other various things from the show. Just now getting to type this up after resting for the night/doing sightseeing stuffs today:
    • There was some classic Eggman cosplayer that I feel like I've seen mentioned on this site somewhere before. People took pics with him but the line for that was so long I didn't bother. Funny enough, that guy actually sat right in front of me at the show! He took off the fat suit but kept his stache and bald cap on. If you were there and saw a brunette woman wearing this shirt sitting behind him, that was me lol.
    • Speaking of that shirt I got a compliment on it from some guy after the show. Kinda wish I got his name... hell, I probably should have talked to more people. Yay social anxiety.
    • Merch was overpriced but I bought a shirt because I'm an idiot. Debated on a poster but wasn't sure how to carry it without bending it. Then I noticed someone holding a tote with Sonic on it that was apparently also sold at the stand but I didn't notice. Doh...
    • People went nuts all throughout the show and it was great. Be it when the drowning music played during the pre-show music playlist, every time a song started, a funny video edit that synced up with the music just right, or a cool cutscene played on the screen. During the + - Chao Medley   people cheered and aww'd at the right moments. With this medley, new merchandise (concert and non-concert related) and various social media posts, I think SEGA is just trolling people with + - the Chao   at this point.
    • The conductor guy was so cool. Like, usually conductors are all stiff and shit but this dude was so pumped and seemed to enjoy conducting a unique symphony here.
    • I do wish there was more love for Sonic R, 3D Blast, Sonic CD US and S3&K during the first half. I know, I know, S3&K has all that copyright shit going on, but still. Seven Rings in Hand would have been cool to see too.
    • I still maintain that a medley of music from the animated shows would be awesome, but again, copyright shit.
    • Also wish Speak With Your Heart was played too. I liked that arrangement from the 2021 concert stream a lot, but it being left off the list here is not a big deal.
    • Earplugs will be your friends at these shows. Also Advil and overpriced bottled water if you feel a headache coming on like I did, ha.
    • Walking to the theater from my hotel was a bad idea but I did it anyway cause I'm an idiot. Walking back after 10:00 PM was an even worse idea but I did it anyway cause I'm an idiot. In my defense, Uber was telling me to go wait at the hotel across the street which looked way scarier than the side of the street the theater was on. I tried going to a different spot but the exiting crowds were so crazy, I determined it was probably okay to walk back with that many people around. Amazingly, I lived. And that was in spite of being approached by a homeless guy on the way to the theater. >_>
    • The simple act of singing along to different songs (the ones I knew, anyway... did not know Fist Bump at all and I haven't committed all of the Frontiers vocal songs to memory) in a packed room full of other Sonic fans is legit one of the best experiences I've ever had in my life.
    TL;DR 9/10 would go see this show again.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    How loud is the event? I'm going with someone who's sensitive to noise, and I'm worried about the Crush 40 part being as loud as a normal rock concert which is over 120db.

19. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    To my ears it wasn't as loud as the Sonic Adventure Music Experience (which I do regret in hindsight not buying ear plugs for, even though I was near the back-ish), but it's not the same level as the first half, I don't think. Take protection just in case and put it on if you need it, I guess.

20. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    I bought and wore Loop earplugs and they seemed to work ok... or maybe they drowned out the orchestra too much in the second half, I dunno. I probably didn't wear them right either. >.>

I imagine the acoustics in whatever theater you're seeing the show in would have an impact too. Like Overlord said, best to take precautions anyway.