don't click here

Sonic Superstars Ultra Mega Spoiler Containment Thread for Spoilers [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The Joebro64, Oct 12, 2023.

1. Josh Cristan

Josh Cristan

I'm not sure why people expect the music to be patched. SEGA seem to be under the impression that Sonic 4 style music is perfectly acceptable, acceptable enough even to shoehorn into the mighty Sonic 3.

2. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    1. Because the game has been mined and there are early versions of later songs done in the sonic 4 style within the data, strongly pointing to the possibility of s4-eqse themes actually being beta tracks after all.

2. I don't remember specifics, but there is already one song that I believe is different between the switch leaks and ps5 versions. All of this is being discussed between both threads, so there is a bit of info bouncing between both.

Obviously, there are 0 guarantees, let one that every s4 style song gets replaced, but I'm not just pulling this speculation out of thin air here.

3. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    That'd be great. Really pulling for a solid soundtrack, here.

4. Snatcher42

Snatcher42

Yes. The most "concrete" evidence something is up with the music is:

-Battle mode menu music different in what people are streaming vs last press demo, and the demo actually seems more complete. That's possible if they manufactured the discs/carts weeks or months ago.
    -Even among what people are streaming there are two versions of the animated intro, one sounding very Sonic 4 and one more Tee Lopes. It's not clear what the differentiating factor is, Switch vs PS5 was just my guess.

If any of this will be patched anytime, let alone day 1, who knows. But there is something strange going on beyond just artistic choices.

5. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    It appears that the Battle Mode menu track is actually in the game data of at least one of the platforms' physical copies, as it's in this game file rip video at 01:19:11.

This leads me to believe that perhaps a day 1 patch will simply apply that existing track to the Battle Mode menu, rather than add the track in, unless they're going to patch in an updated version of that track maybe.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Mustapha

Mustapha

A+ Oldbie
    A+
    A PLUS
    1.05 is out for PS4.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  7. Kiyana

Kiyana

Where did you find this?

8. Snatcher42

Snatcher42

5GB seems a bit large for that list of fixes. Though PS can be weird about packaging files.

9. Kiyana

Kiyana

• Informative Informative x 5
    • List
  10. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
  11. Kiyana

Kiyana

12. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2023
  13. Palas

Palas

Don't lose your temper so quickly. Member
    No.

I'm glad the discourse has evolved since the old days, but "speed is a reward" is still not true, either, and doesn't describe how classic Sonic gameplay loop works in the slightest. Yes, you're supposed to use the level's geometry to make Sonic go faster, but why would you? If a player doesn't see much fast action in their first playthrough, but still manages to beat the challenges and only finds other routes in subsequent playthroughs that they had to take for a reason extrinsic to the game's rules, then saying the game feels slow at first is perfectly valid, actually.

Let's not forget the automation we can see in Bridge Island and Speed Jungle: rails, tunnels, dash pads and whatever those quarter pipe metal things give you fixed speed boosts, which is a far cry from rolling down a hill in Chemical Plant and seeing Sonic's speed very much get out of control because of something you did. I want to confirm this once I play it, but it looks like the gameplay in Superstars is very... domesticated. There isn't much intrinsic reason to gather more speed.

14. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    Do we have any streams of the game with 1.05? That may be our final answer on the OST debacle.

Good signs on the no Denuvo front. Hopefully then the actual PC port works well, though SEGA doesn't usually break those exclusively. Most problems in their releases are universal, and again, the switch version has been fairly stable for me so far. (in single player... let's not discuss co-op right now :psyduck:)

15. Snatcher42

Snatcher42

Don't know. At this point feeling I'll wait 24h and check myself. Will be testing it on PS4 and Xbox One in the bedroom, PS5 and Series X in the living room, a Switch Lite, and Steam. Overkill, I know :P

16. Kiyana

Kiyana

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  17. Childish

Childish

Pigs wiggle when they walk Member
    Shady lane
    Sonic 4 Blast Processed
    Gold enemies hidden in stages... hmm that sounds cool, I'm not sure that's been shown off officially, makes me wonder what other secret stuff there is.

18. Palas

Palas

Don't lose your temper so quickly. Member
    I saw one on a stream. They're quite literally just regular badniks with a coat of golden paint that give you medals when you defeat them.

19. Snatcher42

Snatcher42

Guessing it has something to do with the gold version of the final Eggman boss some people got (get all the Golden enemies, get the golden boss?).

20. MastaSys

MastaSys

You know what? I might buy this if true. Kinda makes the game more atractive to me.