don't click here

Sonic Origins Collection - General Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HEDGESMFG, May 27, 2021.

1. MastaSys

MastaSys

Now that's something other digital games should replicate.

2. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Not when you can drop down on a sloped platform and go twice the speed or half the speed depending on direction, it's inconsistent.

3. Can you explain how it worked in Mania vs this? I haven’t played Mania in a very long time, so my most recent memory of the dropdash’s functionality is Origins and the Sega Ages releases.

4. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Origins Plus currently has a Metacritic score of 80 for PS5 based on 10 reviews.

No reviews for any other platforms atm.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie

A longer knuckles playthrough. (In mirror mode, for whatever reason)...

I see the upper paths of collision chaos 1 and 2 have some extras, along with a new section at the end of Wacky Workbench 2 past (about 41:30) whereas there was just an empty wall before.

Knuckles also starts out on a new higher path in Metallic Madness act 1! (Who called it?)

I've yet to spot anything else so far, but there are so many time periods to explore it could take a bit to verify all the changes.

6. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    So would you have preferred that they not fix it then?

7. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  8. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie

Stage bgm still resets in S3K after extra life jingle :(

I bet yellow spheres in the special stages still use S1/2 spring sound because of course

9. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Removing the roll jump lock offends me more than anything they could do with the drop dash but I gotta live with that because it's the only way the rest of y'all will be satisfied

10. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    party's canceled everybody. grab your shit. go home.

11. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    My pitchfork is back up

12. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    Do we know if the bilinear filter has been removed or at least been given an off switch? I can't tell from any videos since they're already compressed by video sites.

It's not the end of the world if not, but I would appreciate sharp pixels...

13. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    At least this time the only problems left looks like it could be fixed up with mods; couldn’t say the same with the base version.

The S3&K bugs and the dropdash in S1/S2/SCD are fixed, so that just leaves the low quality music in S3&K, the non-MD adhering Amy palette, and the lack of CRT filter. I think these can all be fixed via simple mods. Shame that the console versions are forever stuck in this state though, and these are the versions that kids will be stuck with for the next decade or so. (As someone who is expecting a kid later this year, the idea that my future kid won’t have an easy simple way to play non-borked versions of the classic games is a bit of a concern).

14. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Whilst Amy can turn Super after collecting the chaos emeralds it doesn't say "Amy can now be Super Amy"...lol.

2:44 in this video:

15. BenoitRen

BenoitRen

Tech Member
    Have the crash bugs been fixed, then? What about the incorrect Sonic 2 collision box?

16. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    Boycotting all future SEGA products.

17. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    It also says "Now Amy can be Super Amy" after you get the Super Emeralds.

Very odd.

18. MastaSys

MastaSys

A Decision change half assed while developing Origins?

I do not find odd at all.

One dev got that Amy was to work like OG Tails, other got that she should have parity with other characters.

19. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

I really am starting to buy into the theory that Amy was a very abrupt decision that neither Origins and Superstars had quite brainstormed properly. Like the cutscenes in base Origins would imply they wanted her in from the start, but looking at all this it feels like they still don't have everything together, hence her uninspired gameplay and the inconsistent mechanics.

It sticks out more since Knuckles in CD has relatively more effort to make the character leave an impact in the gameplay.

20. They really couldn't have pulled Tee Lopes aside for a few mins after talking with him on Superstars for a favor of a few Origins replacement tracks on the side? This is supposed to be the definitive Sonic Collection for kids going forward. This is how they will forever more see these proto tracks and think that the bad audio quality of the music was from the OG games.

Im sad. :(