don't click here

Do you think a Sonic Adventure Remake is a good idea?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Snub-n0zeMunkey, Oct 11, 2019.

1. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    Speeps Highway posted an interesting theory about this on Twitter. (Very minor Sonic Frontiers spoilers.)
    https://twitter.com/speepshighway/status/1592718667061792768?
    I wonder if this holds any weight.. It could just be a DC conversion screenshot and the differences that Speeps noticed could be mere coincidences (maybe an outdated/different mod was used), but I can’t help but wonder.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • List
  2. Battons

Battons

Shining Force Fan Member
    Something I noticed is tails’ model looks slightly different, specifically look at where the yellow meets the white on his tail, it’s different in every screenshot. Also the glass is more transparent than the bottom two images.
    There is definitely suspicion from me on this.

3. VenomTH

VenomTH

The in-game screenshot from Frontiers looks almost identical to the Dreamcast version which leads me to believe that it can't be from anything but a version of the original game. But it's also in widescreen and I wouldn't think they would use community mods on their own games so maybe Sega used some sort of in-house version of the game for the screenshot if they have the assets? I would love a proper Adventure remake/remaster.

4. Turbohog

Turbohog

They've used community mods before. One of the more notable examples of this was the use of the Chao Camera mod for Sonic Adventure 2 during the 30th anniversary symphony.

5. Gnidel

Gnidel

Does the screenshot look like Dreamcast or Dreamcast Conversion mod? Is it possible to notice a difference?

6. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Back when one of the Tailstube episodes came out there was a shot from Sonic Generations that didn't match the game, which lead people to suspect a port or remaster.

I think they just do a certain amount of photoshop on existing screenshots, and it wouldn't surprise me if some of the people taking those screenshots were using the DC mods because they're flatly better.

Frankly, I say this a lot, but SEGA should get into the habit of just including tons of fanmade QOL and update mods when they do remasters. A ton of the work on improving the games is already done for them!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    I'm not entirely sure if this is any indication of a full on remaster. If it is, then I hope it uses the Dreamcast version as the base and I also hope in some way that they're working with the people behind BetterSADX.

8. VenomTH

VenomTH

Then I stand corrected, it could just be using the DC conversion mod like the source Tweet mentioned. It makes much more sense than to remake an entire portion of a game internally for a screenshot.

Honestly, I can't tell a difference from the filtered image. Experienced users can probably analyze the image and reach a concrete answer. The big giveaway from the screenshot is that it is in widescreen which could possibly mean that it was taken from a modded PC version, an emulated Dreamcast version, taken using an internal build of the game made specifically for the screenshot, or being an indication of a full Sonic Adventure remake like the original Tweet mentioned. But in any case, my intent in the original comment was to express my doubts a Sonic Adventure remake, I'm sure some employee at Sega probably just provided a screenshot from a version of Sonic Adventure DX on PC.

9. Levi Church

Levi Church

Icon art is made by FullmetalDubs Member
    "Do you think a Sonic Adventure Remake is a good idea?"

Yes.

10. What's funny is that, more than anything else Sega has done, Frontiers has given us a bit of a glimpse of what an Adventure remake might look like, at least a remake of the sequel.

I'm not a fan of Adventure 1, and am not keen on what I have seen from Frontiers, but I must admit I did think it was a bit of a loss not getting SA1 representation in the cyberspace stages like we did for other games like SA2, Unleashed, and Generations.

I am very curious what they would have come up with, seeing how different, and in certain aspects how much better that game' style of level design was to pretty much everything since. As long as they didn't chicken out and choose to bring back a level like Windy Valley.

11. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    Beating Frontiers, I can see an Adventure remake on the same engine, minus the dreadful Cyberspace Levels. Just make everything 3D, reduce the pop-in and maybe disable the boost. It's not needed.

If the remake shows up in this form, the only thing that I would dislike is the absence of Sonic's original voice actor.

Also, I don't want to wait another 5 years for Frontiers 2. So an Adventure remake sounds like a good idea for Sonic Team Junior or something.
    Also let Ian Flynn write the story, as solo writer for this one please.

12. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    resurrecting this thread once again to share this fan creation. It's a reimagining of Gamma's gameplay in Adventure and the entire thread is worth checking out.
    https://x.com/hyper3d/status/1735538193150476657?s=46&t=MHTgOqh_ka45HS8oxL2mzw

SA1's 25th anniversary will be coming up this saturday. I don't think we're getting any kind of remake or acknowledgement at all and I don't really know if Sonic Team will be able to do a remake of Sonic Adventure justice, but sometimes I lose myself thinking about how cool a remake could potentially be and I just think "man... but what if though..."

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

I'm frustrated by how nice these animations look. Even when the rest of it looks fairly rough, that footage really makes me wanna control that Gamma. And that little cutscene is nice.

14. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Gamma's never looked more appealing, that's some great work.

15. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    Something about that run made me immediately think "That's a mini Voltron. That's a dude in a suit!" Weird. Otherwise, yes, way past cool.

16. I don’t like the run animation but the rest looks nice enough. I’m not sure if I think it’s inherently unfitting or I’m biased from the original, but it doesn’t move how I imagine Gamma would.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2023
  17. Chimes

Chimes

The One SSG-EG Maniac Member
    Oh this fucks.
    Gimmeeeeeeeeeee.

18. aria

aria

growl from the digital haze Member
    i saw soned2 supports chaotix five minutes ago
    Those gamma animations and the movement itself looks fantastic. they completely nailed gamma in a way i wouldnt have expected watching it.

19. That One Guy Josh

That One Guy Josh

Speaks English AND Balanese. Member
    Well, damn boy, these animations couldn't look any more badasser.

20. bombatheechidna

bombatheechidna

I actually like the run animation for Gamma in that video.