don't click here

Sonic Origins Collection - General Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HEDGESMFG, May 27, 2021.

1. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    Once again, I wish they had hired you for this job.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  2. AzuraRacon

AzuraRacon

I don’t hate them but yeah maybe don’t ask Jun to do Genesis compositions anymore

3. Xilla

Xilla

Carnival Night Zone has "bloke who couldn't be bothered and just wants to go to the pub" written all over it.

I'd rather just have the actual proto tracks.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  4. SpaceyBat

SpaceyBat

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    Music spoilers:

[​IMG]

5. Patrolman

Patrolman

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Nik Pi

Nik Pi

Kazakhstan
    Sonic 2: Archives
    C'mon, music not sucks. It worse than in beta, but it's anyway sounds... normal.
    If you really don't like this tracks- I think, in next 2-3 weeks we will can create MODS for it. Don't worry.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • List
  7. Hydr0city

Hydr0city

> Kamikazee Member
    New track for
    the Blue Spheres mode. @ 1:57

Nice to see they got a use out of that proto S3 track after all. Fits very well here, I feel.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Makes me wonder if the original purpose of that theme was related to special stages or the Blue Sphere menu/UI

9. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    holy shit it uses the ring sprite from the Sonic Chaos remake

10. Nik Pi

Nik Pi

Kazakhstan
    Sonic 2: Archives
    No. They just don't know how to use it XD

11. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    Ice Cap being replaced is the change that sucks the most to me, but we kinda always knew something like this would have to happen for Sonic 3 to be re-released :/

I would've just let Jun Senoue use real instruments. It'd sound super out of place but at least he could play to his strengths lol

12. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    So I think I am the only one on this thread who doesn’t mind how the Origins tracks sound for Sonic 3?

Honestly I kinda knew they would go with the PC versions as opposed to the prototype (as much as I would have preferred the 16-bit versions) but what we got certainly isn’t horrible.

Like Sonic Stadium said, the audio sounds low quality because it was taken directly from the built in capture in the PS5. So I will wait to hear the higher quality versions of the tracks before I come to any conclusion.

And besides, the Carnival Night renditions reminded me quite a bit of Valleybell’s takes from 3 Complete since those versions were using the MIDI tracks as a basis. So it’s not bad at all to me.
    Still excited to play the games regardless

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That Blue Sphere title screen is just fantastic. Cool to see that mode not being an after thought

14. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Man, thanks for liking that remix I made but I'm not a musician. I just uploaded that track as a Joke and to get people's hopes up for the rearrangements.
    But now I'm feeling I scammed people, you know?

Anyway. Here are the full tracks without SFX.

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  15. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    It can't be to the level that there isn't still a drastic difference between what people expected from the "official" Genesis versions.
    ---
    Speaking of, there's no way that those versions Stadium is comparing to are what the tracks would sound like if the prototype's sound engine was un-fucked, right?

16. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie

Mission Mode game play including some of the Hard (Extreme!) missions.

• List
  17. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Yeah, they obviously used the MIDI files from the S&KC, and they did a very bad job with them.

18. RDNexus

RDNexus

It seems the Island Viewer option only allows to zoom in or out of each island.
    I hoped one could fly around it and see all details. Seems another dead ball...

19. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    CN act1 sounds like complete wank. Act2 not as bad and IC & LB are decent. Liking all the tweaks to 3K:

So pleased Big Arm has been added to S&T playthroughs, that the beta animation of Eggman in his egg-o-matic has been restored at the end of LB, that they've used the SK title screen for the transition like in 3Complete. Weird that they've included the brief jingle you get when completing S3 alone even though this is 3K and not S3 alone. At the start of Ice Cap act1 the player goes Super and then immediately cancels it before going super again. So you can cancel Super Sonic!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. FollOw

FollOw

The sun sets forever over Black Water Park Oldbie
    They should have just used the prototype songs. Jun is to not be trusted anymore.