don't click here

Sonic Origins Collection - General Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HEDGESMFG, May 27, 2021.

1. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    The disappointment you feel for the music right now is the same disappointment I feel for the fact that the games are the remakes and not in their original form while having all the new features.

2. sayonararobocop

sayonararobocop

This music is an insulting lack of effort. The protos sounded better than this, notwithstanding @Mastered Realm's amazing work remastering or the other remixes. It sounds like they only bothered to work on Ice Cap and then just used the PC MIDIs for Carnival Night and Launch Base. Seriously rethinking my purchase.

While they also delist & remove legal ways to emulate the original S3K experience.

3. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    + - Interesting music changes for first ending scene of S3K  

4. I'm a big fan of most of the prototype tracks and my excitement has been completely deflated after hearing what Jun did to the Carnival Night tracks. Considering they reached out to fans to remaster Sonic CD's animations I wish they could have reached out to someone who knows what they are doing for these music tracks.

5. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
  6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Super Sonic has a complete sprite set now, and there are rotational looking up and down sprites for the Carnival night barrel. Seeing this version of Sonic 3 is cool yet trippy as hell.

It'll take some getting used to listening to those new tracks though.

... God damn it. Someone hack this into the PC version stat.

7. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    So is it safe to assume that someone in the community will take the Sonic 3 tracks with their final progression and back port it to the proto/genesis sound font? I don't know if its just the instrumentation being different, but LBZ2 sounds the most different from the tracks. I'm also interested how a genesis version of the new Super theme would sound.

8. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

CNZ sounds like shit. It uses cheap MIDI instruments and doesn't even sound like it could fly on real Genesis hardware.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  9. Nik Pi

Nik Pi

Kazakhstan
    Sonic 2: Archives
    So....
    As i understand, that pc ost was based on demo tapes? If no- i don't understand WHY this new tracks is based on Gen. MIDI ost. But, CNZ2, ICZ, and LBZ2 sounds not bad, in my opinion...
    Does museum had a demo tapes?

10. sayonararobocop

sayonararobocop

I was looking forward to this one the most and it sounds muddy and dull.

11. RDNexus

RDNexus

The animated cutscenes seem to have been inspired by the western manuals synopsis.
    Not much of the lore and such mentioned in the japanese manuals show in any of them.

12. Nik Pi

Nik Pi

Kazakhstan
    Sonic 2: Archives
    If not telling about music and FBZ IS NOT AFTER CNZ, this remaster is really good! No, its a great! Thanks to developers for cool remaster, of cool game :thumbsup:

13. Patrolman

Patrolman

Looking at he disclaimer the PS5 may affect the sound quality through recording

14. Yep. This is entirely my point of view also. I don't even understand
    why this was changed. It's such a marmite mix. A good hook (the callback to the Sonic 3 Title Theme) but then the god awful bassline and instrumentals of Sonic 4. This is likely to be a polarising opinion, but since S4E1, S4E2 and now this; please keep Jun Senoue away from the FM Soundchips

My general vibe is just sadness. Like, not to divulge deep into Michael Jackson discussion, but it makes you wonder if he was still about today and the controversies weren't so damaging / opinionated, that the licenses could have been. These "new" songs will always be proto songs. And they're songs that were simply "Support act" songs whilst waiting for Main Act to come on stage. It'll be a sad feeling playing through these levels and just being reminded of the "original" / MJ mix.

EDIT:

This has come across all very negative. Soundtrack aside, I'm looking forward to still playing them all again, and excited for the mission modes and Gallerys.

Any insight into whether there's any interesting music tidbits in the Gallery?

15. Clownacy

Clownacy

Tech Member
    ...Why the HELL is the new Sonic 3 Super Sonic theme using Sonic 1 and 2's drums instead of, you know, Sonic 3's?

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. Hey, Jun! Its your cousin, Marvin Senoue! You know that new sound you been lookin for? Well listen to THIS!
    4d5a582d6dd3161f5ce82dc4cc0c75f9.png
    *Sonic 1 and 2 Drum Sounds*

17. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Could we organize a petition of sorts for them to replace the music with the proto tracks and not the shitty arrangements we got?

Man I'm really sad! Jun, you've butchered perfectly nice tracks :(

18. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Hahahaha what if

+ - The replacement music we've heard so far are early versions and they get replaced with something better/what we expected with a launch/day one patch?  

19. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    For fuck sake, I now don't want to buy this game, but I want to support the devs and I don't want to send Sega the impression that I don't want more classic Sonic.
    Yeah let's be realistic. Not happening.

20. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    And I fucking called it.