don't click here

Sonic Classic Collection

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    I checked the memory while the games were running, and I can't find any references to a Megadrive game header. But I do know they're using roms, but I can't get them out either.

Oh, and FYI - in case no one mentioned it yet, the double spike thing exists in Sonic 1. So okay, the iPhone release has the Mega Collection revision of Sonic 1, but this one doesn't? Weird.

2. So.... is the collection worth it. I am planning on upgrading my DSlite for a DSiXL and was thinking that this game would be great on the nice large screens. So, are these games good ports of the genesis ports..... or should I wait for the bargin bin for this game.

And if someone could be so kind as to verify that in Sonic 3 and Knuckles you can select all characters instead of just knuckles.

3. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Is there an option for the VS modes anywhere in game, since they are edited out normally? Do they activate via link mode or anything?

4. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Are you people really bitching about the LACK OF CHEATS in the collection? OH NO I CANT SKIP METROPOLIS AS A RING OH GOD FUCK YOU SEGA

5. GameboyHero

GameboyHero

The amount of bullshit he has to deal with...poor Member
    TX
    Doesn't seem to be. Single player only for this collection.

6. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I edited and restored all the invisible posts except for one which was deleted altogether. Of course the 6 posts which are back have been stripped by any reference to the various links and torrents.
    As you can see, Scarred Sun effectively handed out a couple of suspensions and added a new rule. Thanks for your understanding.

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Well, it is suckish that they'd prevent access to them. The Sonic 3 competition mode should have omitted multiplayer, not been omitted altogether. And removing the Sonic 2 menu was pointless. The save feature should help with a lot of things though. Actually, on that note, how does the save feature work? I think it's every zone, but then what when you complete the game?

8. But ... then how would you play it? :v:

The same way it works in other collections -- you have to start a new game. Them's the breaks, I guess.

9. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

Knuckles' Chaotix is a perfect game with no flaws Member
    Competition mode isn't strictly multiplayer, you know. Two of its modes are single player.

10. You're right -- I haven't played the competition mode in so long (at least a decade) that I forgot about Time Attack. I stand corrected.

11. corneliab

corneliab

Saving is like making a save state, though it's stage-based. If you click the "Save" icon on the touch screen, you'll save your progress in the form of what stage you were currently playing. I believe this also saves your emeralds, though in the case of Sonic 2, you have to make sure to beat the stage you obtained your emeralds in before they will save. Oh, and to load up your save you simply click the "Load" icon.

On the subject of some cheat methods being removed, I don't really mind. I rarely use them. However, the fact that certain cheats remain while others do not (such as level select in Knuckles in Sonic 2 still working while the same can't be said for the original Sonic 2) just adds to the compilation's "half-assed" factor.

12. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    The one question on my mind is, does it play better than Sonic Genesis on GBA?

13. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    yes, much.

14. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    I think it can be reasonably assured that SCC is not going to repeat what we went through with Sonic Genesis.

15. Glaber

Glaber

Hmm, I may buy this new then. My expectation for this has been met.

(I set low expectations for sonic games so I can enjoy them better. usually works but not always, Sonic 06 was an exception)

16. So from what I am gathering, this is something to get?

17. Only if you can't live without having the titles on a portable system and aren't willing/unable to do emulators.

18. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    Why not? If you want Sonic games on a portable, without using emulation from the Internet, go for it (excluding Sonic 1 on iPhone). In the end, the decision is up to you. If you don't mind the cost of the game, and it's not going to be any hassle, buy it.

19. Glaber

Glaber

I've been wanting these titles on a portable for years.

20. I don't mind the cost, I can do price matching (thank you Best Buy). I saw the a video on youtube of the menu screen and it has the music from Sonic Jam!! I just wanted to know if these games were not ruined by Sega. I do realize they did some editing with Sonic 2 and Sonic 3, but I just wanted to fully make sure that the game, music, sprites and overall presentation is from what we all grew up with from the old Genesis days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.