don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

How do you get to the special stage ring that's at the back of the train in Mirage Saloon Act 1 as Sonic?

2. Koop

Koop

NYC
    Yeah I've noticed several reviews so far that simply have inaccurate information, they were clearly rushed. For example I saw one review state that the special stages in Mania are straight from Sonic CD. I can see how they jumped to that conclusion since they both involve UFOs, but if they had taken even five minutes to actually look at them and compare they'd see they are totally different. It's understandable if you have not kept up with the Sonic series, but mistakes like that could be avoided with even the most minimal research.

I have absolutely loved Mania. I got all the trophies on PS4 in about a day and it was an absolute blast hunting them all down. The amount of references in the game are insane, so many little things here and there. One of my favorites so far was in Studiopolis. I was flying around with tails and flew into some panels that spelt out "Genesis Does" ... All these little things add up to such a nostalgic experience. I am excited to see the game fully digested and nitpicked so we can find all these little nods.

3. Okamikurainya

Okamikurainya

Somewhere in Africa
    Sonic: Time Attacked - MAX
    Super sad the...
    Super Flickies don't make a return appearance when going Super as Tails... Though I guess that was with the Super Emeralds which are now broken... Still a jarring omission.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    ^True, but at least Tails gets something given the lack of Super Emeralds. I was under the impression at first that state of Super Tails could only exist with debug monitors.

This is a very good point. He's like the ultimate when it comes to that kinda stuff.

5. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Jump while moving SLIGHTLY left, then bank HARD to the right.

6. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

Thanks. I figured it might have been that, but I wasn't sure, since that seems a bit like a risk, where the rings aren't usually like that.

7. Yuski

Yuski

Dragons, dragons everywhere! Oldbie
    Yeah, same here. I was expecting a complete Super Sonic, but in some moments like Lava Reef or parts with specific sprites, they're change to the yellow Sonic.

I made the complete run with Sonic and in half of Knuckles, but I spoiled myself with debug and was cool to see Super Tails is available too, expecting he wasn't in the game because of lack of Super Emeralds.

Loved the game enterely, few thing I liked less, but nothing I disliked - maybe only the delay on Steam =P (Luckly my neighbor let me play it on his PS4)

8. It's mostly cause the bugs don't tend to get in the way (too much) and that the core game is AMAZING. The difference between a mediocre buggy game and an amazing buggy game is really apparent in this case, though I wouldn't call this the glitchiest game by a longshot, and since I know they'll be fixed I doubt we'll be in this period for long, but it is indeed amusing. Really shows how much the package quality affects perception of glitches.

Different genre but the original release of Final fantasy 6 is glitchy as all hell when you break it down but the game's elements just propel it forward.

9. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

I believe the old explanation for why Tails needed the Super Emeralds was because he was too inexperienced to use the normal ones.
    I guess from now on Classic-Dimension Tails is experienced enough to have a normal Super form.

10. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPkGnXx1i9A[/youtube]
    I have a select sense of humor, but this is one of the funniest plays (first 2 zones) I've seen. He calls them coins but other than that he's having a blast, he loves Tee's music, and is blown away by the new gimmicks. Love it!

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That guy is just jammin throughout huh haha it's kinda funny.

12. H Hog

H Hog

The Ultimate Oswald! Oldbie
    Amsterdam, the Netherlands
    Sonic and the Rings of Order (Artwork)
    Just... carefully jump off the back of the train, then carefully steer yourself into the crate in midair.

(EDIT: Ah, never mind, apparently forgot to refresh the thread)

13. urlogic

urlogic

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z1Hjtklq60[/youtube]

Welp.

14. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    I encountered a nasty bug in the GHZ Act 2 boss. After I beat him, I stood on the far right edge of the screen, on the beginning of a downward slope. When the cutscene tried to begin, Sonic didn't have the momentum to get up the slope, but the screen lock prevented him from sliding down. He just held left, and the only way out was to close the game. (Reminded me a bit of that old Generations video from here, the one that was called something like "The Hedgehog Who Yearned for a Spring.")

15. Koop

Koop

NYC
    Oh my god... Hahaha this guy is amazing.... His excitement and energy is through the roof. Although my first play through was mostly in awe with my jaw dropped I can easily say his excitement is how I felt on the inside.... Especially his reaction to the music, I felt much the same, hah.

16. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    What's the point of time limits.

What's the point of continues and lives.

What's the point of enemies.

What's the point of... ROBOTNIK. :(

17. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    There's no point in having a 10 minute time limit when levels like Titanic Monarch easily span over 10 minutes on a blind playthrough. It's also weird to have a time limit when the levels are so massive and you are encouraged to explore for chaos emeralds.

I also think having a 10 minute time limit doesn't synergise well with the game. It's certainly not akin to removing all the enemies and bosses from the game. No need for the passive aggressiveness there.

18. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

Are there any big rings in Titanic Monarch Act 2? Because I keep fucking up on the last one, so I need this last one.

19. Koop

Koop

NYC
    Not sure if these are Act 1 or Act 2 but maybe this video clip can help:
    https://youtu.be/H7vHWw0UIuY?t=924

20. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    This. In past games it wasn't a problem but now because the levels can be made to be huge, removing the limit (not the time) is now looking like a sensible thing to do.