don't click here

Spoiler-free Sonic Mania discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Overlord, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    PS4 Trophies have surfaced. Some of the trophy icons spoil levels, so be careful.

Thank you!

2. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    I really would love to know Sega's internal projections/expectations for this game. I really hope the game does well and blows everyones expectations.

3. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Me too man! Immensely disappointed by the delay but I still want to see the game succeed and light the charts on fire. I think if Sonic CD can reach 350K on Steam when that's just a remaster of a twenty year old game (an amazing remaster, but still) then Sonic Mania should reach 500K easily and hopefully blast past that.

4. Too bad this countdown doesn't sound as exciting for everyone now.

5. Yuzu

Yuzu

After some Amazon shipping troubles, I'm really hoping that I receive my PS4 CE on time.

I'll probably cave and buy it on the Switch eShop if I don't get it on release day. :/

6. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    It just started auto downloading on my PS4, it's 271.4 MB :)

Just under 2 days, I am feeling way more excited for this than I thought I would.

7. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    I want everyone to stop and consider what a slap in the face it would be if they actually delayed the PC release at the absolute last moment just to add some DRM. And then lied about it. That's what I'm hearing in this thread.

This game deserves to be a smash hit- it will be- but this is a fucking disaster of a release. Heart goes out to Stealth and Tax having to sit and watch idly while Sega mismanages their already perfectly functional product. Really glad I never scheduled a day off for the 15th like I almost did.

8. plushifoxed

plushifoxed

that power is yet unknown Oldbie
    jazzy nyc
    puella magi chroma magica
    This weekend honestly can't be over soon enough... I watched that gorgeous opening video and I got emotional. Everything about Mania is just, seriously, an absolute joy to behold.

9. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    Then why doesn't he come on here and say so? The problem I have is that NO ONE had denied it when it is doing brand damage to SEGA, and the timing is very suspect. Plus, as some others have pointed out, the article also has no DRM related topics at all.

10. rocksocks

rocksocks

Must say this thread is a great idea! I've been wanting to come and read about Mania on and off for the past few weeks but I've been hesitant as I didn't want to stumble upon too many spoilers! It's encouraged me as a usual lurker to post as well which must mean it's good! :)

11. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I've learned enough about Sonic Mania to know I want it anyway. It's not like Forces where I need something, ANYTHING to justify the game's existence to me.

Not that I'm trying to turn this into a "Forces sux" thread or anything.

12. Okay. The constant missuse of SteamSpy makes me more and more frustrated every time.

1. There is three day delay on the numbers. Ex. If there is a sale, you will see the peak after approx. 3 days
    2. Everything in the low XXk numbers aren't really reliable in the slightness. Games with no sudden sale gain, will be bumbling around gaining and losing predicted sales as the pooled data changes. Game with 200,000 sales can change their ownership numbers by magnitude of Xk or even XXk in the single day.
    3. Adding 1 + 2. Even the owner of Steam Spy told recently that you cannot reliable see the spike of refunds, unless it is an absolute disaster - ex. No Man's Sky or Arkham Knight

Steam Spy isn't tell all, know all. It's a prediction with varying usability.

13. Amnimator

Amnimator

^ All the same, taking that into account, SteamSpy is pretty reliable as it bases itself on actual sales figures.

Also, thanks Overlord for making this thread. I'm sure PC peeps as well as those who don't have time to play the game at launch appreciate it. Bumped into a few spoilers outside this thread, but nothing too big. I'll just stick with this thread for now until I play it.

INB4: "How do you spoil Sonic?"
    I don't want to have the whole stage list known to me Sonic Generations style right before release. Ruins some of the surprise going from one Zone to the next, for one.

As for whether this game will have intrusive DRM or not, I'd just be happy if the physical Switch version isn't a false flag.

14. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    I had a dream last night about another Sonic 1 level being in Mania. I'm not going to mention which one cause I guess it could be easily taken as a spoiler if I somehow got it right. I currently only know about GreenHill for sure, but there are other S1 levels which could use the mania treatment so bad so they are no longer 'the worst' classic Sonic levels.

In the dream I was upset with the spoil, but I kinda hope it's true!

15. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    I was going to put in my level guesses but I don't actually know if some people have watched what trailers and the like. So I guess we shouldn't, might as well wait until two days time and feel proud :v:

16. Imo, It's best if Sega/Team Mania don't say what the issue was with the PC version - it'll probably just stir up unnecessary drama.

Super jealous about consoles gamers right now

17. So... What's going to happen when the game (partially) releases on Tuesday? Will console players start posting on the other thread so this one remains friendly to PC players who will basically be discussing controllers for 2 weeks?

18. Xilla

Xilla

The avatars for the PS4 Mania pre-order just showed up for me, themes are locked until release though.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    They are? They weren't when I ordered them, I'm using the themes right now.

20. Xilla

Xilla

They were/are locked in Europe I think

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.