don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
    I think someone asked this, Stealth said on Twitter that the manual given away on yesterdays panel will NOT be included in the CE, understandably because the CE contents were set long before the manuals were think of. But he answered an "stay tuned" when asked if the manuals were just a SDCC thing.

2. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Page late, but to help clarify these two, Matt interned for SEGA, and Skyler helped host the event where the game was debuted (also FTCR doesn't count because FTCR).

3. Linkabel

Linkabel

I imagine they mean they'll give them out at other events or have "influencers" do contests.

4. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    Aaron answered both of those questions yesterday:
    https://twitter.com/RubyEclipse/status/889023382452281344

5. Turbohog

Turbohog

Honestly the collector's edition keeps looking worse and worse. It doesn't come with literally any of the stuff I really would want (physical CD, game manual, soundtrack, etc.).

6. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Why would that be amazing for a Special Stage?

7. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    This guy claims Sonic Mania will have DLC: http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?832184-Played-both-Sonic-Forces-and-Sonic-Mania-at-Comic-Con

8. Turbohog

Turbohog

"My uncle works for Sega and said there's gonna be Shadow the Hedgehog DLC".

9. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Even if the animation looks wonderful, he does have a point when he questions what is Sonic actually doing, though.

"Appear with small twirl, stop and point at something (?), twirl faster with open arms, then stop and waggle the other finger" might feel a bit crammed in just for the sake of good animation.

10. Fenrir

Fenrir

Eh. Member
    Well for one thing, fuck CD's auto running.

And I guess it's not so much amazing for a special stage as it would be a neat thing to see. I could honestly see myself goofing off in them solely to pretend I'm finally playing an actual Saturn Sonic game.

11. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

I don't see why you'd think that. The CE has some cool stuff going for it. The box it comes in that's based off of the Genesis style box, the replica cartridge with a gold ring inside, and the statue isn't terrible. Yeah, we don't get a manual or a cd/vinyl, but there's nothing wrong with that.

12. Felik

Felik

I agree that a cd/vinyl would not be warranted but come on. How hard it would be to print a freaking manual? It doesn't even need to be in color (aside from cover) or more than like ten pages.

13. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Oh yeah, I do agree the animation itself is a tad more expressive than usual for the sake of showing off, (which I swear is being done as a very subtle 'fuck you' to Sonic 4's lack of title screen animation) but to outright say "I kind of hated it" just seems like an overreaction for the sake of it. Like it personally offended him to see?
    It just really felt like he was reaching to dislike something that got a good reaction from the rest of the world.

14. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    I bought the game, the manual needs to be available as a PDF in the least.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Sonic smacked Arin mid twirl and Arin never forgave him.

16. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Fuck off troll

17. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

I don't believe that, but I still want it to be true for the sake of having more Sonic Mania.

18. Sirius-R

Sirius-R

basement cave under a rock
    whatever 3AngleTeam/3Angleware is up to atm (currently dead)
    This way, it could be available in the game itself.

19. Fenrir

Fenrir

Eh. Member
    Are we seriously griping about not getting a 15 page booklet that is more advertisement than actual instructions and information? :v:

20. Felik

Felik

Yes, because I want this game to be even more nostalgic