don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Hold the phone! When was this revealed? Because I certainly don't remember it.

2. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    All Taxman said was this:

https://twitter.com/CFWhitehead/status/791384002280108033

I wouldn't exactly call it a hint.

3. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I still think "Nack the Weasel" is a superior name (not to mention, more consistent with the "Name the Animal" naming scheme, whereas "physical trait the job" is just stupid), so I really hope they can take this chance to nuke the Fang name and consolidate him as Nack.

4. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    The naming scheme has always been "physical trait the animal", so "Fang the Weasel" would make the most sense.

5. Indigo Rush

Indigo Rush

Fang the Weasel works.

I always figured Nack the Weasel was his given name, and Fang the Sniper is his "street name" as a bounty hunter or whatever his deal is.

Nack the Sniper lol

6. Dr. Mecha

Dr. Mecha

Dallas, TX
    3d Models
    What about Nack "Fang" Sniper.

Kinda like Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik or Miles "Tails" Prower.

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Any name is fine for me. I always call him Fang, but that's just cause it's what I'm used to. Both of them work, and it doesn't matter too much so long as he's not making any real appearances. Fang the Weasel is a nice medium.

Though if they really wanted to fuck with us, they'd just come up with a new name that's completely unrelated to Nack or Fang, and change his species in the process.

8. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Right, I can see your points, and I somehow agree. Just like "Tails" is actually Miles Prower, he can actually be Nack, with "Fang" as his appearance-driven nickname, I guess that would be ok. Now to wonder if "Knuckles" has a secret real name as well.

I still think "the Weasel" would be better and more consistent than "the Sniper", though.

9. Rudie Radio Waves

Rudie Radio Waves

Italy
    Many a game.
    Jonathan "Knuckles" T. Echidna.
    Unlike Sonic, it's a nickname.

10. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    It's always been Nack The Weasel for me. That's his name in Sonic The Comic, and I'll stick with that.

11. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Fang, Nack, who cares. The real question is the gameplay; what his boss fight would hypothetically be like. I'm hoping for a Taxman style twist on the Game Gear bosses.

12. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    A boss fight with Fang where he uses firearms to get you while on his motorcycle-thing would be pretty cool. Especially if his weapons and attacks become more and more over-the-top with each phase (like starting with a regular pistol and ending with several gigantic heat-seeking missile launchers or something.)

As for any controversy surrounding him, all they need to do is just give him five fingers and he'll be perfectly fine. Guns have been showing up all the time in Sonic since SA1.

13. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Sega were very inconsistent back in the day, because the character was pretty much a Game Gear-only thing. However as far as the numbers go, "Fang" is actually the most common. Sort of.

Triple Trouble (US): Nack the Weasel
    Sonic & Tails 2 (JP): Fang the Sniper

Sonic Drift 2 (US): Fang
    Sonic Drift 2 (JP): Fang the Sniper

Sonic the Fighters: Fang the Sniper

Tails Adventures (US): Fang
    Tails Adventures (JP): Fang

It gets a bit wobbly because in the Western comics he was always known as "Nack", and Triple Trouble was probably the only game that sold well in the West. Also Sonic the Fighters wasn't really localised properly and didn't see a widespread release.

The "the Sniper" bit has never left Japan. I'm not sure what that bit is meant to mean - obviously he doesn't shoot people from long range, which makes me think it comes from the word "snipe" which is some old-timey word for describing dodgy people.

14. Aquova

Aquova

Professional nerd in training Member
    USA
    "Snipe" is also a common made-up animal used to send gullible people on wild goose chases. It's an old prank at summer camps or in Boy Scouts to send rookies out on "snipe hunts" where you lead them out away from camp, then abandon them, leaving them to search for something that doesn't exist until they caught on. I don't know if that has anything to do with Fang, but that's how I associate "snipe" with an animal.

15. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Knuckles is flapping the wrong way. Doing that would make you tip over.

17. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    If you stare hard enough, he flaps the other way.

Stare even longer and you'll see a sailboat.

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

With Knuckles' and Tails' sprites looking entirely new and Sonic's looking more like spruces up 1/2 sprites, it's almost as if Sonic's sprites are lazy. They're most certainly not lazy though, and look gorgeous with the new vivid blue and dozens of extra frames. Tails and Knuckles had more inconsistencies with their sprites in the classics, so giving them bigger makeovers works out really. Seeing the three of them side by side and all up to the same standard is great. I can't wait to get a look at Eggman, more badniks and whatever else the game has to offer.

19. Yuzu

Yuzu

Knuckles for sure.

20. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

[​IMG]

Scan from the UK Playstation magazine.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List