don't click here

Sonic Lost World (PC / Wii U) Hacking & Resources

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Dario FF, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Well, just need a way to extract the hca from the acb files. The acb seems to be utf header.

2. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5pfgos4mW8

It begins...

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yes! They don't disappoint.

Now Classic Sonic, Super Sonic fix, and boss removal please

4. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    The moment a Mario mod is released, this becomes Super Mario Galaxy.

5. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Amongst other things, I want to see Mario Galaxy stages ported to this game just for the sake of comparison. Galaxy made a much great use of gravity as a mechanic though, moving from individual planets and around non-spherical/tubular objects. Lost World doesn't have any thing that intricate in it's level design, so I don't know what to expect from functionality.

6. I would like to see Sonic's top speed increased and a swap in the spin dash animations to be honest. :v:

7. Pokepunch

Pokepunch

UK
    A Sonic 2 Hack
    All I want for now is a Classic Sonic mod.

8. Skitt64

Skitt64

Can I get an explanation on how to use the pacpack program? I'm sitting here with a bunch of .pac files from the PC version and no idea what to do with them.

9. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    I really just want a mod for the DoF shader to increase its resolution

10. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    I'm honestly confused as to what you're talking about. I haven't noticed any low resolution DoF.

11. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Is putting a different model in place of Sonic the modern day palette hack? =P

12. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    I want a mod to remove the timer limit first thing, everything else's secondary for me :v:

13. It seems like there's two different movement modes. One for when you're running straight forward for a while and need to move only to the left or right, and one where it's very clean movement for running in 360 directions.

I'd like a mod for the game to always use that second mode. And move the homing button to a different button than jump.

14. riomhaire

riomhaire

hey sorry I thought I'd try to mess around with sonicglvl a bit and see what I could do with Lost World (PC) levels if I found the time for it. I've already got glvl up and running but I'm running into issues unpacking the Lost World files. I've successfully unpacked the cpk files and I've been trying to unpack the w1a01 files with pacpack but when I try to drop the files into it it just crashes with a generic "pacpack.exe has stopped working" message. There's no readme with it so I figured I'd just pop in here and ask how some help with it. Tried running it as administrator to - no luck. I'm on Windows 10.

Edit:

For clarity the files I've been trying to upack are the ones in \Sonic Lost World\disk\sonic2013_0\w1a01\

I've just been trying to drag and drop them either individually or as a group into pacpack.exe

Cheers for putting all the time and effort into makes these tools guys.

15. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

There's two jump buttons. One will do a homing attack if there's a target on screen but will double jump if not, and one that will always do a double jump regardless of anything else.

16. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    The pacpack likely needs to be readjusted for the PC format

17. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    DoF Enabled

[​IMG]

DoF Disabled

[​IMG]

18. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    I wonder long it takes to get these tools done though. Like, a SonicGMI for Lost World, etc.
    Edit: just gotta wait for a save file now....

19. Paraxade

Paraxade

I think TwilightZoney's already created a version of pacpack that works with the PC version, but SonicGLvl isn't compatible yet. I'll likely get to work on it soon; it's mainly just that the file read methods need to be updated so they can handle Endianness dynamically rather than hardcoding it for every read operation, so it shouldn't really be difficult.

The real trouble is cpkredir, because the Generations version is closed-source and Korama is MIA most of the time. If we can't get in touch with him to make a Lost World version it'll need to be completely rewritten from scratch.

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Could there be an alternate way to load mods? Since this game makes use of patches could mods be based off that instead?