don't click here

Sonic Runners announced (Sonic Team/Mobile)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    When I first saw the design of Sonic in the new trailer, I was instantly reminded of this image:

[​IMG]

2. Donnie Paradox

Donnie Paradox

Some Gai Member
    The game seems harmless. I probably won't get it because I don't particularly care for mobile gaming but it doesn't seem like the game is that bad. Sonic's model changes don't seem that bad. It took longer getting used to the Boom designs than this. Overall I have no real issues with this. Here's hoping it turns out well.

3. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I don't think anyone here finds the change bad, just a little different and unexpected.

4. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    I'm more of a Jump/Jump Fever fan than Dash, so not sure what I'd make of Runners, but it looks like it could be fun. As for the new designs, they seem quite nice.

It's nice to see Unleashed and The Black Knight referenced in the game with Chip and Cliburn.

I will definitely give this a try whenever it comes to the West.

I've never heard Knuckles described as a "martial arts master".

5. RenyNoise

RenyNoise

Literally Swimming in Privilege Banned
    Are you new to Sonic? Knuckles has always been a martial arts master, that's why he wears boxing gloves.

6. Donnie Paradox

Donnie Paradox

Some Gai Member
    Oh definitely. I didn't count on the model changes. Or any of this gameplay. But I'll take it. Whatever works.

7. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I'm wondering if the model change will carry over to main-series titles, or if it's kind of a short-hand style for this entry kind of like how they used Chibi MegaMan in the Powered Up titles.

8. I wouldn't think so. I'm pretty sure they made these designs just for this game. I see no reason why a slight design change on a simple mobile game would transfer over o the main series.

9. Nova

Nova

Yeah, I guarantee it's just a design choice to fit the feel of this game. We'll go back to the post-Unleashed design again in the next main series game.

10. Sploit

Sploit

Pretty sure he has been referred to as a martial arts expert in the past - perhaps in booklets/manuals for older games...

11. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Not to mention that its only the in game assets using these newish designs. The official art if the trio running, the app icon and even the character portrait in game all use the. Rmal look. The new designs are stylistic and won't carry over.

12. We have a wiki for a reason guys :P

13. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Possibly, Sonic will probably get a new higher poly model if the game is for PS4/Xbox One though.

14. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    Eh, looks decent for what it is.

I'll probably play a Bluestacks version as a diversion at some point.

But I'm much more hoping for Sonic 3 to be picked up again.

15. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    You know, honestly, the game looks very good. I mean, yeah, it's a mobile game so it's not going to be so amazing it blows your mind, but it certainly looks like fun.

16. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    [​IMG]

So uh, what is he saying?

17. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I dunno, probably something like, "Hey kids, Sonic here! Play my new game, Sonic Runners, and spend your parents' money on extra lives when you lose!"

18. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Fortunately for you I can read Japanese so I'll translate.

Just a rough translation but I think the text is accurate. :v:

19. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    I couldn't find where it was first established in the wiki, but when I first bought SA2 around 2001, I remember that being in the manual as a something that wasn't in SA1's manual (explaining his new melee-based moves in SA2 to me):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    [​IMG]

Blank Template. Have fun Retro! :v: