don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    From the top of my head? The Unleashed, Colors and Generations trailers.

2. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    How queer. I wonder why they edit in ring sounds and nothing else, like the jumping sound and badnik-busting noises.

3. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Ah right, thanks. I was researching it after you said that and couldn't find them.

4. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    I remember that at least one Unleashed trailer (the one with Adabat) had wrong Rings sound, like it played the "rings dropped" sound when Sonic collected Rings...

5. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    The trailers have always had strange editing choices. Remember when Classic Sonic spoke in that Generations trailer?

6. Xilla

Xilla

There was also a Sonic Advance video with a very strange ring sound,

7. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

You mean, like the one we were discussing the last page? :v:

8. Xilla

Xilla

That's what I get for posting from a mobile! :v: Only saw the posts which followed the GBA one for some reason, odd.

9. kazblox

kazblox

Diassemblies and decompilations.
    Looking at things myself, I found 2 things that nobody has quite talked about yet.

First, this. I found it, looking at Sonic Eraser with a hex editor. Does this mean that Sonic Eraser was supposed to get a retail release in Japan with a different name, before it was scrapped, but returned later to Seganet?

[​IMG]
    And then, this. Going through S3A Beta screenshots, they had something that caught my eye. Looking at the HUD in some pic of Hydrocity (alt bg), I noticed that the numbers had shading. This isn't some A/V capture quirk, as I could see it in all pictures pixel-by-pixel (mostly CNZ, HCZ and MGZ pics) throughout the magazine I got it from. It's the Christmas 1993 issue of Sonic the Comic, I think.

10. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    You would be correct:
    [​IMG]
    Man, Hydrocity in general looks so different.

11. trykaar

trykaar

St. Louis, MO
    Sega Roguelike Exploration/Disassembly
    This is curious- I'm researching the Sega roguelikes and Shi no Meikyuu, which was later given some graphical updates like a real title screen and a town in the beginning and released outside Japan as Fatal Labyrinth, has the same header, with the same date of 1989.OCT- the in-game text gives a date of 1990. Perhaps this header with this date is some kind of boilerplate for all of the Seganet games?

12. ValleyBell

ValleyBell

Tech Member
    researching PC-98/X68000 sound drivers
    In all Seganet ROMs I checked the first 128 KB matched exactly (except for the checksum). It's probably some sort of generic Seganet ROM loader. (That has its own SMPS Z80 driver + data.)

13. Xilla

Xilla

The launch issue (January 1994, on sale December 1993) issue of Official Sega Magazine in the UK also had a Sonic 3 preview (Part of a "History of Sonic" mini-mag which came with it), Same screenshots as above I think but there was also a Launch Base pic. Can't remember anything particularly special about it though (apart from Sonic 2 sprites). Sadly the only scan of this magazine on the net is missing the Sonic mini-mag.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    Wow, I couldn't even imagine that Hydrocity background if I hadn't seen it.

15. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    [​IMG]
    ^ is this your Launch Base Zone image? Though strangely enough that one has a image of Sonic 2 sprites above the one with Sonic 3 sprites...

16. Xilla

Xilla

Nope this one was of the area near the start of Act 1 where you first encounter Ribot. The mini-mag showed each zone with brief descriptions, all I really remember about Launch Base was that they stated that the zone was incomplete so they couldn't show much of it.

I did find this in the first issue though:

[​IMG]

A little bit of Launch Base can be seen, it's probably from the same screenshot.

17. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    The background looks rather different, from what can be gleaned. Hey, Collectors of the site, any one of you got the mini-mag Xilla's talking about and willing to scan it? I'd rather like to see more of BETA Launch Base Zone.

18. Xilla

Xilla

There's a copy of Issue 1 on eBay, I've contacted the seller asking if the mini-mag is included. It's doubtful but no harm in trying :)

19. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    We need full scans of the UK Sega Magazine - being officially licensed by Sega it's quite a useful publication to have!

It's also the precursor to the UK's Sega Saturn Magazine, which was very well produced.

20. Xilla

Xilla

There's scans of issues 1 and 4(? Can't check as at work) online. Only thing of note that comes to mind is that the review of SoR3 seems to be the earliest proto drx got hold of (with Axel still in original colours)