don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I thought that this was a Sonic X thing by the thread title.

But yeah this is weird.

2. As someone who's not that interested in the MH series, but jaded TRUE SONIC FAN,

Worth a punt? Am I missing anything coming in at uh, number 4-gee?

3. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Nah. Monster Hunter is the most refined and perfected grind fest around. If you like grinding, jump in.

4. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    So can you play as that weird character or is the creature just one of those things that follows you around?

5. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    It's a costume for your little cat partners that follow you around. Nothing more.

6. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

I always just figured we were meant to believe it to be under construction. I mean, the flooring looks incomplete and has a hazard tape style texture...
    [​IMG]

...and the outer part in Wing Fortress Zone is clearly under construction too.

7. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    It does mention that the Death Egg is still being constructed in the manuals, it's quite surprising the amount of detail they put into these games stories that most people don't notice. I honestly would have thought they'd just slap a 'complete Death Egg' into the Level Select and be done with it, but no they made it look mid-construction, alongside that sparkle that is Dr. Robotnik going to Westside Island.

8. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Sparkle? On the title screen?

9. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    Yeah, that shooting star thing, that's Robotnik heading for Westside Island.

10. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

It is? :specialed:/>/> Is there any quote for this at all? I don't meant to sound sceptical, but I've never heard that before, and I own all the western games and variants and it's not something I've come across in the manuals.

Plus it waaaay overshoots the island, and the jingle itself is associated with Super Sonic/Chaos Emeralds. I always just believed it to be a shooting star/object as a sneaky nod to the fact that the game was hiding something special: Super Sonic.

11. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    No, I don't really think it is; I've merged the topic into here now.

And speaking of that topic of discussion - that came out of nowhere! I've never played the Monster Hunter games but this is pretty interesting.

12. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    To quote the Japanese Manual:

"Drawing an arc of white exhaust, Sonic slid his favorite plane, the Tornado, down toward the island's silhouette…and almost as if it were following him, a shiny little figure came down and suspiciously disappeared on the other side of the island."

There was someone else who brought this up somewhere, but I'm unsure where and whom.

13. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Well I'll be darned. :colbert:/> That's so awesome! How am I still learning things about a game I've played for 20 years and studied for about 10? Well spotted.

You sir, have earned a
    [​IMG]

14. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    Like I said, someone else brought that point up, give them the promotion if you can find them.

15. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    This picture always looks like they reused these concepts for Sonic Advance 1 and 2. The bottom looks like Sky Cannon, The right looks like Angel Island SA, and that snow level looks like that ice level in Sonic Advance 2

17. Nah, the ice level looks like Ice Mountain from SAd1.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic:_After_the_Sequel

Hey would you look at that.

Other fun fact: In the Seinfeld episode "The Couch," in the scene where George is trying to rent Breakfast at Tiffanys at the video store, if you look carefully enough you can see Sonic 3, Dr. Robotnik's mean bean machine, and Sonic Spinball up for rent. I knew I saw some Genesis games in that episode, now I know.

19. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    SEGA has quite the tradition of sloppily editing in ring sounds in Sonic footage.

20. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

When else have they edited in ring sounds?

Those ring sounds are weird, they sound like they'd come from a GameBoy Colour- admittedly Sonic Advance was being worked on whilst the GameBoy Advance was also being worked on and not yet released, did they think perhaps the sound wouldn't be as good early on or something?