don't click here

THE KEN PENDERS CHRONICLES: a man you Ken DePenders on

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The KKM, Jul 7, 2010.

1. He's not happy with the toys he's got, so he's trying to take the toys out of other people's prams. Couldn't care less about most of those characters, honestly, but wasn't this whole bull fought over the fact he wanted to use his own characters elsewhere?

Here's hoping Gallagher told Penders what to do with that phone conversation.

2. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Hes credited for the comic versions appearently, but it is a wikia so it could be wrong.

3. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    ... fuck's sake why did I bother making that site

Using the wikia has a fundamental flaw, IE the fact that, as is actually written there, those categories are listing characters INTORDUCED by writers. Not CREATED by them.

Going by that logic, Ian can claim Silver the Hedgehog.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That's Pender's logic for owning Robotnik basically.

5. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Just the thought of a Ken Penders Live Action or Cartoon based medium has sent me into uncontrollable laughter.

6. The KKM

The KKM

Portugal
    Penders' logic for owning Robo-Robotnik is that he created Robotnik-the-robot. Which is stupid on its own, but not like falling into the mistake of reading "introduced by" as "created by".

7. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Is he making money off of all the web traffic he's been getting since all of this started? It's the only reason I can think of that his ideas seem to be getting worse and worse; he's just trying to up his page views. There's no ads on his site, but even after all of this, I just can't wrap my head around WHY he's still doing this... ANY of this... Unless there's money in it somehow.

I mean, we don't even have proof that he's writing anything. Just some awful promotional art and a short script "teaser" that I suspect was thrown together purely to put online with nothing else written at all. It reeks of misdirection.

Please, somebody, RATIONALIZE THIS MAN'S ACTIONS, MY BRAIN CANNOT TAKE THIS.

8. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Maybe just some kinda perverse pleasure at watching the fan-bases squirm in terror and outrage when he does stuff? That's the only reason I can muster.

9. Metalsonicmk72

Metalsonicmk72

Isn't it obvious?

[​IMG]
    He has no soul! :specialed:/>

I'm going to miss the Downunda Freedom Fighters though, they had a fun little dynamic going on while they lasted. The Lara-Su Chronicles better have + - Bivalve cameos on every single page   if Gallagher goes through with lending his characters to Penders.

10. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    We just forget about it every once in a while, and didn't you say you're still working on the site's list?

And you know what, I wouldn't honestly mind that. the man can make Silver decent he deserves to have him.

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Pre reboot silver was great because Sonic hated him with an absolute passion.

12. The KKM

The KKM

Portugal
    I know I'm still working on the list, I just hope that while it's being completed (and as far as Gallagher and Penders are, I think it is) people keep enough presence of spirit and reading comprehension to not panic over any little thing such as "introduced by" categories on wikias :v:

13. Retroman

Retroman

I prefer Ian Flynn. He's a great writer. He's the best writer so far, and he corrects many of Ken's mistakes to make it better.

Spoiler:
    Sally's clothed design is different (Meaning less naked furries and more sega faithful) and she's got the energy blades which is awesome!

Ken uses too many ideas at the same time, realistic human-animal drawings instead of cartoon-sega style (Which is why Sega never makes Sonic look that realistic, and human-like outside of feet and hands) which gave focus to too many dramatic stuff, and less of the action. But hey, he left great ideas that was passed down like Tails' dad and mum (Not sure if he wrote that), and Mobius 25 Years Later. He has great ideas, and great writings but also bad ideas, bad execution, and godawful drawings that makes a pile of shit look good.

Ian obtained the previous generation of work and made it better, along with the other guy Tracy Yardley (Is it pronounced trae-see-y or tra-kky?). I enjoy reading the comics, although I have stopped reading them due to real-life.

Just a theory, Archie also fired Ken because he didn't co-operate with how Sega wanted Sonic to be, and he got into trouble by Sega numerous times.

Sure, Sega has made Sonic to kiss a goddamn human lady (RABIES!), made him wish for a mountain of tissues for a genie girl instead of wishing for the genie girls happiness by wishing for a better life and a natural world without the evil jerk genie), doesn't mean the writers should continue that mistake.

And those were Sonic Team's fault of making 06' with a realistic human female princess who is an emo-desperado low-self esteem girl obtaining a stupid 'mistake' by the idiot royal family conducting a secret trial to cure cancer (Even though Marjuana cures cancer), made her dipshit father/king, idiot humans merge the 1 dipshit ibilis (Arabic for Satan) into that girl who is told not to cry, so she regrets her life who smooches, with the 7 chaos emeralds an anthropomorphic cartoonish blue circle stomach large 6 shark finned cyclope eye shaped with two pupils anime-styled, snot-shaped black nose that's always shiny (Cartoonish I know), white glove wearing, short tail, tan skinned, cartoony-human teeth/smile, shoe with buckles, talking, super-saiyan and seizure-saiyan forms, weird ears, and has probably somewhat blue smooth sharp furquils.

And it took a freaking human to initiate lip to lip contact with an anthropomorphic... well you get the hind character when all of Sonic's friends were sad didn't revived him with the chaos emeralds?

So what, according to canon, if someone dies, and there's 7 chaos emeralds, doesn't matter if I'm a dude and I'm not cool with kissing another dude who was my best friend on the lips, they would revive? Why not the intense sadness and wish to bring a being back that the emeralds magically feels and revives the dead character through the feeling of the person?

And why hasn't Sonic's Body rot since they brought Sonic's Body to a dimentially-fucked zone? Chaos Control is also good to prevent the stench, and hence the flies to come here?! Are you fucking serious?

Why not make elise kiss Sonic on the cheek? Why the lips? I mean, he doesn't have a lip. He has a vagina face that can smile. No lips, otherwise you would look like Penders. Think of the front cover where Sally has her lips and smile shown, you know, when you bite your lower lip in positive anxiety?

I'd prefer if they made her a furry character, and er... probably scrap the idea of Sonic 06 and stick to cartoons instead of SUPER REALISTIC EGGMAN MUSTACHE... IN YOUR FACE!!!!!!

Like with Sonic. Characters under Ken were too serious, and everyone is a drama queen, even Robotnik, bloody throwing a tampon. At-least when Ian writes them, it's genuine, it's valid, it's not corny, Robotnik is really pissed off and not just throwing a girly fit. He's neither a nutcase nor he's sane. He's just complicated. Under Ken, Eggman is insane and bloodthirsty, while maintaining the dark humour. Under Ian, he adds to it, and adds more light and dark humour, as-well as more personality apart from 'mwahahahahaha'.

Things definitely has been looking up since Ian (a fan of Sonic, DBZ, Megaman etc) began writing it. It's legacy to leave what was done behind, and being picked up (and reshaped) by the next future writer.

Things that was lacking weres humor, structure, focus on different characters and real progression outside of drama. You got all these horrible joke puns, bad drawings, dramas, bad ideas, horrible plot points that make you go *facepalm* and less of freedom fighting/fighters. Though I did like how Penders continued things, and started the Echidna City, it's a bit too... complex to read.

Ian makes me enjoy the books. He has got a great feel towards writing, and like all artists, they improve as they enjoy it, though not Ken.

14. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    Perhaps a bit of self-projection on Ken's part?

15. Retroman

Retroman

Right on the money. And the fact that, like most of the characters he writes, he takes irrational actions based on emotion and against logic.

He would win a fictional Self-Consumed man of the year award! (Or Self-Absorbed Man of the Year)

16. Tylinos

Tylinos

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/statuses/441397277706305536
    https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/441397802833158144
    https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/441398569044422656
    https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/441399021936971776
    https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/441399271678435328
    [quotename='Ken Penders']Lara-Su is not an echidna nor an animal, but an alien. She is a member of the Echyd'nya species. There are 2 reasons why.

1) I needed to make some adjustments to broaden the audience while making certain longtime fans get answers and resolution.

2) there are plenty of real world examples where English speaking people referred to places that natives referred to with a different name in their own tongue. Same thing here. I was especially motivated to make the change based on the difficulty I've seen people have pronouncing the word "echidna".[/quote]
    I know we were asking the guy to be more original, but... Echyd'nya?

If your problem is pronunciation, how is that going to help? This has to be trolling. There's no way he seriously thinks that would work better.

17. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Why are we, here, still paying attention to him? Is it just fun for you guys to watch The Sanity sail leaving Ken behind, to inevitably sink to the bottom of some forgotten Echyd'nyan ocean?

18. Tylinos

Tylinos

Yes. Usually he just makes me want to shake my head, but every so often he gives us this one little nugget of gold that's so stupid that it just makes my day. Last week it was him agreeing with someone who said working in the comic industry is like slavery. Before that it was "Just bring your A-game, and your B, C, and D game as well." Now it's alien Echyd'nyas. Even that awful art he's put out puts a smile on my face, but for all the wrong reasons.

19. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    The ride never ends with penders, does it? :v:

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    He should have called em enchiladas.

But seriously, I always found all his echidna names ridiculous, especially seeing as how they're all based on one echidna named Knuckles. Yet we end up with lara-su and julie-su and dimitri. How?