don't click here

Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS, PC) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 17, 2013.

1. Vangar

Vangar

After playing Super Mario World for WiiU, it's almost painfully obvious that they are almost running on the same engine! Mario controls very much like sonic, and it explains the physics problems when he gains speed.

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Hmm, I've never thought about it but they kind of do feel similar.

What are you planning for that 3rd Sonic game Sega? Something's up. The slower move set, the Mario Galaxy influence, and the color powers were one thing, but this just takes the cake. Also, one has to wonder why they have a Yoshi level and plan on a Zelda level, but no Mario level (typing that sentence felt so wrong. the 90s in me is just like 'wtf happened here'). I sense a non olympics cross over is in the works.

3. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    yeah, because unlike with Generations, this game has Nintendo financing it. it's not rocket science.

4. Machenstein

Machenstein

It's so surreal to see Nintendo use Sonic as an advertising vehicle when he was originally used as an advertisement against them.

5. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    47? How much of the stage did I miss?

6. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Basically, there are 12 Yoshi Eggs. Each one successfully delivered to the end of the stage will hatch and give you three lives. 36.

If you hit a bonus flower on the ring, that's an extra 10 lives.

There's a total of 126 coins (not rings) in the stage, meaning if you grab them all under the new rules, you get another life.

Hence 47.

7. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I see. I somehow missed that the Yoshi's gave 3 lives each.

8. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    I still feel like this is our punishment for all the hacks, a major trolling if sorts. If it's fun, it's fun, I guess. Didn't think they had to go that far to offset Shadow the Hedgehog though.

9. Nova

Nova

Fairly cynical point of view, there. I'm more inclined to believe it's just Nintendo advertising upcoming games - Yoshi's New Island and Hyrule Warriors are coming up and there are still a fair few Sonic fans who couldn't give a shit about Nintendo franchises. Maybe they're trying to sway them?

I can't believe I didn't get the Zelda hint from 'you wirr be abre to rink your consoles'.

On that note, wonder how that will work? Nobody seems to be questioning that.

10. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I'm late, but I recently played Lost World Wii U and 3DS demos. It's alright but it feels like I'm playing a Mario game, as has often been said around here.

11. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    You can't judge the game from Windy Hill, believe me.

I liked Windy Hill a lot actually.

12. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    That's why I said it's alright. I don't pay $40-$50 for alright.

13. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    If you played the rest alright would be superestimating it, anyway.

14. Spinksy

Spinksy

UK
    Played the Yoshi level acouple of times - enjoyed it but found it a little odd (yet amusing).

Still in love with this game although the more I replay levels the more I think Sonic defintely does need a bit more speed. (NOT a massive amount).

Looking forward to more DLC

15. I think the speed is just fine.

What they needed was less sticky parkour mechanics, more actual slopes, less speed boosters, actual spindash physics (the animation is there but it doesn't work how it should in relation to the environment ..most notable in the level where you have to break all the ice blocks) and to not have mid-level load screens when changing from 3D to 2D. I also feel like it tried to change up what we were doing from act to act a little too much and didn't really get anything done that well.

The more I think about it this game feels like a step backwards.

It's sad because I really was hoping I'd enjoy it more!

I downloaded the Yoshi Island Zone but haven't played it yet. Is it worth my time to boot the game up for it now or should I just wait until the Zelda one comes out and do both at once?

16. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    [​IMG]

Welp.

17. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    ...How?

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Sky diving in this game is really slow when you don't hold down the ZR to go faster. If you don't touch the controller at all, Sonic gets bored starts chilling in mid-air. I love it when Sonic's attitude, any side of it, shows up actually during gameplay.

Unless that's not what you mean?

19. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Yea but you know, in this case I feel like it's kind of awkward. See, Sonic shouldn't be falling that slowly anyway. He's not Knuckles.

The skydiving sections have always been a little sticking point for me.

20. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I thought it was exceptionally cool in Unleashed when used in those, what, two or three instances in the entire game? Crashing through the water tower in Rooftop Run and again after jumping off giant fireworks, complete with a camera angle from below. It's become of an over used set piece since then though, lacking the impact it had before. Still plenty enjoyable though as a gameplay element when it gives you something to do. Lost World just does it in quite a boring way, and even seems to be aware of it!