don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-13658-Microsoft-Prepping-for-Huge—Countdown-to-2013—Sale.html

Sonic 4 ep2 will be on sale from 18-31 dec, I don't know yet when and how much.

2. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Grabbed it already. Haven't tried it out yet. I might if SFxMM doesn't tire me out too much.

I love how Tails just bobs his head in the ecard.

EDIT: Well, the game looks gorgeous in HD and the tune's nice, but I'll have to Joy2Key this game since it won't recognize my joypad. Sonic still feels like he accelerates too fast when jumping, probably because the screen stays centered on his relatively large body all the time. Makes it a bitch to anticipate what's coming up next. The look-ahead function in Sonic CD might actually be helpful in this case.

Speaking of which, I'm a bit more excited to try that one out. Playable Tails, here I come.

3. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    I can't get this game to run pass the title. It seems to only respond to P2's controls. What gives? P1 controls does respond at all. I'm using the PC version.

4. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Use the Configuration tool. It just recognizes XBOX360 controlers (natively at least).
    Look-ahead function in widescreen is totally redundant. Sonic CD was 4:3

5. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    More free iOS codes:

[​IMG]

6. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
  7. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff

Well you know what they say! "You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter!"

8. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    Ummm, Myth Busters proved that you can actually polish a turd. Why you would want to, that's a whole nother story.

9. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Episode 2, to me isn't bad. It's certainly soulless, but not bad. Can't complain about a free decent yet soulless game. I didn't (Thanks again, Covarr).

10. Brooklyn Brawler

Brooklyn Brawler

I have the PC version of this episode, is not bad, I like this episode, more by the return of Tails as a playable character, but I prefer the first episode.

11. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    If there isn't an episode 3 or Sonic 5 by december 2013/january 2014, I'm done with this God Damned series. Every time I catch up with a console or device, I get screwed. I was happy to get Ep 1 on Wii....and luckily had an iPad 3 by the time ep 2 came out. They can't make up their mind with what they want to do. Sonic isn't a quitter, so neither should whatever makes up Sonic Team.

12. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    It'll probably be released on Steam if it's still coming, problem solved. (unless it's part of that three game exclusive deal with Nintendo)

13. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Start packing your bags then.

See you a few weeks after that.

14. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Unless there's an unbelievably shocking massive surprise at Sonic Boom this year, there's absolutely no chance we'll see Episode III come out by January 2014. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they never make Episode III.

15. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    It's a little more inventive than ep 1 I suppose, but that's where the positives end to me. Compared to ep 1 the level designs are dire, and the sheer number of cheap hits in it make even Sonic 2 GG, Sonic Advance 2, and Sonic fucking Rush blush. I never bothered to beat the snow-carnival level because of how dire and unforgiving the obstacles was.

I mean, ep 1 doesn't do anything particularly notable, but at least it's not unplayable

16. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I don't know how anyone that got through Sonic 2 GG, Sonic Advance 2, and/or Sonic Rush could view this game as unplayable. It's not fantastic by any means, but it's certainly playable.

17. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    This is far from unplayable...it just takes practice. Same with the special stages. I appreciate a boss run with ALTERNATE PATHS....I don't think we've had that feature before. I didn't find any cheap deaths...just frustration with those damn seals underwater at the end of White Park Act 3 and what to do with the Desert Oil boss. Everything else was in good, balanced taste in terms of difficulty.

18. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    Yep, played it on my Shield for the first stage.

The music doesn't start until the stage starts and it also loops badly (as in when the music ends its silent for a moment before starting the music from the beginning). It also seems to drop a frame or two every few seconds while playing.

(On the plus side both of Taxman's Sonic ports play beautifully on my Shield :D)

I'm not really sure if anything has to be documented on it. Aside from those bits nothing else seems to be different.

19. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    It's nice to know the flagship game included with every Shield is a shining star of fuckuppery. It really shows how little NVIDIA cares about the product, if they couldn't even be bothered to go to SEGA and say "hey, you've introduced a new and obvious bug to this version".

20. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    Is this how I White Park Zone Act 1? :v:

[​IMG]