don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Classic

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Hez, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Tanks

Tanks

That's it. Sonic Retro's over. We had a good run guys.

EDIT: Hahaha... Friend of mine thinks this is some sort of TSSZ plot. I will fucking laugh my ass off if Tristan is an intern at Fox 12.

2. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    A TSSZ plot? Hah. I wouldn't put it past Tristan to do something like this. While we're on the subject what happened between Retro and TSSZ that caused the rift between the two sites? I've been here a while but not long enough to know. I know Tristan has done some shady things in the past like reporting on the Megamix leak (which brought unwanted attention). I remember him posting stories that were hyperbolic borderline fabrication in the past. Did he do something profound to cause the rift? Or was it a cumulative effect over a long period of time? If someone could shed some light on this I would appreciate it.

That is of course if it doesn't derail the thread and we're actually allowed to discuss it (as far as I know a direct link to TSSZ still triggers the word filter).

3. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Best news story ever. Hez you are now a legend.

4. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    I...what? No words, GG

5. Elektro-Omega

Elektro-Omega

Mushroom Hill'in Member
    UK
    -
    "But he can roll around 120 silverware each shift"

That is officially the measurement of the speed cap for Sonic.

Anyway, I had a laugh. It's amazing how they used this footage as opposed to official material, considering Sonic 1 is on pretty much everything.

6. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I'm confused. really confused.

Either way, I laughed

EDIT: Alright fess up, witch one of you is it?

Also, could SEGA get pissed about this...?

7. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Welp, stereotype confirmed, we're all autistic.

Nice knowing you, everyone.

But seriously, I doubt Sega will get pissed. It's a local market story with limited outreach (other than how this is currently and hilariously lighting up /v/.)

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    God damn it, more Sonic fan = autistic herpaderp. I'm not autistic damnit.

9. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I am and yet nobody ever calls me out on it. :v:

10. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Surely you don't seriously think the world actively conflates being a fan of Sonic to having autism? What is with you guys, you're being totally despicable right now. If the video had been about an autistic person's love of Mario there wouldn't even be a discussion right now.

11. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I guess it's just how Sonic seems to be for some reason legendarily associated with autism on the internet that makes it more salt on the wound..?? :v:

Either way, lost my crap at "These type of eyes right there are modern, basically". Was a good laugh.

12. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    It's usually pretty unnoticeable for me until I start to get exhausted and I don't try and hide it.

I think you're about to get a whole new batch of downloads for the game, Hez :specialed:

What do you want to bet the kid told the news crew he liked CLASSIC Sonic, and Sonic Classic was one of the first results to come up so they used it without knowing the difference?

13. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Of course not, it's more that the cunts that do think this will probably use this to say stuff like LOOK SONIC FANS ARE AUTISTIC LOL. Which would mean some would be slightly annoyed slightly more often. =P

It also doesn't help that autism is often taken for someone being an "idiot manchild" on the internet.

14. Falk

Falk

Sounds like you're getting more upset about this than we are.

15. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    I never said you guys were upset about it, I just find your reactions to it tasteless and crude.

16. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I'm actually almost 100 percent sure this happened. Funny none the less though.

17. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    My biggest concern is now everyone's going to think Sonic fans are terrible artists / autistics draw terrible Sonic fan art.

AND ONLY AUTISTICS. + - [size="0.25"]not that they didn't already.[/size]  

18. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
  19. Tanks

Tanks

Truly our God is a vengeful one, but only towards a niche group of Sonic fans and some random creature he calls Hez. :v:

20. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    pffft, THAT has been known for years. I seem to recall some complaining at the time about how a videogame character trivialised autism, by some parents =P