don't click here

Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Andrew75, Jun 23, 2011.

1. S0LV0

S0LV0

Sonic Generations Helpdesk Tech Member
    Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    I'm not sure whether to be flattered or annoyed.

Anyway, got time to work on Final Rush again, mostly having improved the intro. It's about 99% done now, and I'm pretty happy with it (despite being up, down, and all around sick of it by now).
    And it's now April 2nd here, so I can assure you this isn't a prank. Seriously.

2. Faseeh

Faseeh

Is that a compliment? :P

Oh sorry, sorry. Sol it is.

Oh Final Rush sounds cool but it sorta feels like it lost the energy it had the moment it kicked in previous version. That aside, it's great.

3. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Yes.

4. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    No senile cat overdubs? Are you guys crazy?

5. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Try to make a basic collision mesh. I'll show you an example in a bit.

6. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    Indeed.

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    ^Sounds more like old style Crash, not Twinsanity's a capella soundtrack. Always wanted to try that game though.

Indeed. It would fit very well in a CTR track, particularly the rainy ruins level or Papu's Pyramid IMO.

8. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Yeah, as far as Crash music goes it made me think of stuff more in line with this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vTWDSgC3lY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaDrcT3UxZw

:v:

9. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Work of art. I lost it on "Sonic 4 as you truly imagined it!"

10. Shadow Fire

Shadow Fire

Ultimate victory! Member
    The Land of Darkness
    Sonic: The Lost Land (Series), The GCN (site)
    I'd love for SonicHyuga (if he's the one doing this) to finish this gem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uZBYIx9d8

I was never really fond of Sonic Colours, but that level totally pwned for me.

11. brianuuu

brianuuu

Sonic Colors Porting
    So I tried to render GIA, and I still get the damn problem, only some mesh applied the GIA
    My scene only have 600 meshes, and here is the setting of the GenerateLightmap
    Highest Resolution: 256
    Multiplier: 300
    It renders map with dimension 256x256

I've tried to use "Calculator Good Multiplier" but it calculated 1, then it generates GIA with dimension 32x32, I can't even see what's that

What should I do to get it all applied GIA??? I'm getting frustrated on how much time I've waste on rendeing and rendering over and OVER AGAIN AND FINALLY IMPORTED AND FAILED

[​IMG]

EDIT: new page?

12. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    Did you make a stage guide path?

13. StR Speedy

StR Speedy

Starlight Carnival
    Colors Porting
    Ok. Sorry if my response was a little delayed; I'm almost out of posts and I at least wanted to showcase my level port before I ran out.

14. Retroman

Retroman

Sega, please release open-source Hedgehog Engine Files if you won't use the engine!

If you will, then please just release it anyway!

Being more hands-on and giving the community this much which you do all the time... well not really all the time *Hint* Sonic 06 Sonic 4 Sonic Labyrinth etc etc.

This way, more people will buy Generations for mods, and game and will love to play original interpritations of Green Hill Zone, or other things. Look at Battlefield 2. Project Reality is the top mod for realism, team-based gameplay and it's one of the most sucessful mods with alot of people, a fan-base and supports dice by making this mod.

Unfortuantly, that's utopian. Everyone pirates shit. Anyone can pirate Generations, and if a publisher puts a anti-piracy lock or a key, then everyone complains.

Plus what's the fun in not cracking a game? :P

I can't crack shit. I wish I can be a geek smashing my keyboard like crazy and making awesome unbelievable mods just from some .exe files and reverse-engineering, googling, technical coding backgrounds!

15. brianuuu

brianuuu

Sonic Colors Porting
    That is Tropical Resort Boss Act map, which is very small, as you can see only the base applied the GIA
    Is it about the dimension of the GIA maps?

16. Faseeh

Faseeh

Oh thanks for the real nice comments about Red Mountain Classic thingy guys! As a beginner musician, it really does help out and help me strive to keep getting better. (ya know I just realised I forgot to equalise it argh)

I don't do Generations music that much as it doesn't always fit me but yeah, guess I'll post here when I do.

I've also been trying to do White Space stuff but I just need to get more live sounding instruments. Anyone here knows any live sounding instrument VSTs or Kontakt libraries? Thanks!

17. S0LV0

S0LV0

Sonic Generations Helpdesk Tech Member
    Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    Yeah, here's a great place to find some of them.

18. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    you do realize that when people ask for stuff like this its not because they don't know how to use google but because they (quite rightly for a lot of VSTs and soundfonts) don't necessarily trust the quality of a lot of results that google gives right

19. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
    Towards those who are having trouble with GIA.

You want to click set force to maximum for the generating of Light maps and Shadow maps. Make sure Vray Sun Multiplier isn't too high. Try using 0.1 or 0.01 for it.

And adjust the color tone of the Sky Environment. Try something gray/white if you need to. It takes time to get it done right. I found out that it is sometimes good depending on the scene to leave the lights on when making GIA Light Maps. It depends on how well lit the area should be. Without lights I got blueish maps but with lights on I got brown tinted maps that made it feel more fitting.

Having a whitened out Light Map will give it some tone if it has some shades of gray in there. Nothing great but it'll do for those who don't want color tinting and risk experimenting.
    [​IMG]

But if you have something like this. It could be bad. It depends on the type of lit area you need. This isn't what I needed in my case.
    [​IMG]

For me I needed something that had brown tinting to it and have some blue hue to it as well. Not dominant blue though.
    [​IMG]

As with this I had to redo the GIA since it wouldn't work due to it being a old structure naming for it. And I got that resolved now due to Dario helping out with the Second UV Channel. But I had to redo the GIA for the level to make it look correct.

[​IMG]
    No Light Maps just Shadow Maps

[​IMG]
    Blueish Light Maps

[​IMG]
    Brown/White Light Maps (Looks Correct)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    So in the end you'll get something that looks nice.

And not something like this.
    [​IMG]

I'll try to make a more explained version of how to make GIA later.

20. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Depends. What DAW are you using and are you willing to part with any money?