don't click here

Pix'N Love's ‘history of Sonic the Hedgehog’ book

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Lanzer, May 8, 2012.

1. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    To my knowledge there is nothing new of substance, but I do personally find value in having it all laid out in a nicely packaged narrative instead of floating bits of info on the internet. It makes for a pleasant read.

Full disclosure: I haven't read that far through yet. For all I know it gets boring and stupid later on.

2. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    That sounds good though, does it have concept art from each of the games? That'd be cool to have in a book.

3. nesboy43

nesboy43

Not every game has concept art of the stages, but most of the main games at least have concept artwork for the characters.

4. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Only those we had already managed to get ahold of, I guess?

5. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    Just finished reading this. I really loved it, even if I knew 98% of it already. Yeah, there were a few mistakes here and there, but it's just awesome to have all this information in a book. I particularly love Vector's supposed ability: "his super loud Walkman" XD

6. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Wait, what?

7. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    Yeah. In the Characters section of the book, it gives a little description and some fun facts on every character (minus a few, like Nack, Ray, Bean and Mighty, but at least each of them are mentioned in the book). It also displays the height, weight, et cetera of the character (even the Chao have "Evolution" as their ability). Vector's ability is "his super loud Walkman". So, Vector uses a Sony product? Makes sense to me.

8. nesboy43

nesboy43

It is more believable than having Vector carrying a Sega CDX around.

9. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I know Vector used his tunes as a weapon in the Archie Comics. But even then I only recall him doing it once.

10. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

There's also that weird Vector level in Sonic Generations where he shoots music notes at you, if that counts.

Got book number #68 here. Very pleased.

11. And let's not forgot that in Sonic heroes, his team's team blast is where they play a band and Vector sings/screams into the mic.

12. Mbruno

Mbruno

I just got my copy of this today(regular edition) and noticed something. In the part of the book where it gives information about each of the games, did they leave out Knuckles' Chaotix or am I just over looking it?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. For whatever reason they have it under Spin-Off Games instead of 2D Games(which is where I thought ot would have been).

13. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    I'm not sure did anyone else notice it, but while reading the History part of the book, I noticed this:

[​IMG]

14. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    It took me a bit to get what you're saying, then I noticed the random shoe floating next to Tails. Not a bad idea to have a spare set around, Tails, but don't bring them to the photo shoot.

15. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I noticed that as well. Bugged the hell out of me.

16. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    He has two tails so why not three feet. =|