don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread II

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Which at the same time, costed a lot less to develop, right?

2. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    While testing some custom music last night, I learned that modern Sonic's enemy counter maxes out at 9999. Everything else is still counting up.

3. Xeric

Xeric

Workington, England
    S3K Mighty Sheet
    After reading that /v/ thread that the "Sega employee" posted confirming Generations DLC, I've been thinking. We already Know Big's voice actor recorded lines for Generations. Omega, Big, Jet and Chip have statues in the Trophy room. The 'employee' leaked that we're getting 4 DLC stages(Ice Cap, Hidden Palace, Starlight Carnival, and Dragon Road apparently).

- 4 Unused friends with trophies
    - 4 DLC stages

I always found it odd that Wave and Storm didn't get Statues as they have updated 3D models(unlike characters like Tikal, Marine etc). Someone should get in touch with Omega's VA on Twitter and see if he recorded any lines for the game.

I could just be over-thinking things and talking crap. But I'm tired and such.

4. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    After seeing that thread I had the thought that rather than release a major Sonic game again this year, SEGA might just release some Generations DLC. I would be cheaper than producing a full retail game and could possibly bring in much needed money and revive the sales of Generations.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    ^ Also don't forget, Sega sucks with DLC. Sega released an update to the iOS version of SaSASR like 2 weeks ago. That game came out forever ago.

I believe Hidden Palace would actually be a rival fight against Classic Knuckles. That level was far too short to allow for any sort of recreation beyond that. Hell, it's basically a playable cutscene. But I could totally see Big, Omega, and Jet being hub world characters.

6. ^ that would make sense and would provide perfect symmetry.

Also, there's been a lot of naysayers about the possibility of Generations DLC? In June, why not run a sale of all digital Sonic bits on XBLA, PSN, and Steam, along with Generations DLC to celebrate Sonic's history more?

7. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    Unless it was SONIC 2 HIDDEN PALACE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y223Xhiihs8

Come on Sega, make a bunch of internet fanboys' dreams come true!

8. [​IMG]
    Feels good, man.

Controls:
    A- Boost
    B- Jump
    C- Drift
    Y- Ability Activate
    X- Quickstep Left
    Z- Quickstep Right

9. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Though my camera sucks...

[​IMG]

Feels good, man.

ABC - Jump
    XY - Spindash
    Z - Ability

I switch to a 360 pad for Act 2s. Still absolutely love how they made that as quick as hitting START on any connected controller.

EDIT: Woah, it doesn't auto-resize images anymore. Anyway, forgot to mention:

This controller was one of the PlaySega controllers. The D-pad broke, so I replaced the shell with a real Saturn controller, and it's been amazing ever since.

10. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Thinking about the DLC in July rumor, weren't the Sonic Colors team brought in to help development after Colors finished? Did we ever learn what specifically they worked on?

A year and a half seems like a reasonable amount of time for them to develop those DLC levels, considering it took maybe two, two and a half years for the larger Unleashed team to develop the entire game. While I'm not putting much stock into this rumor myself, just curious as to how viable this is.

11. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    The whole thing sounded plausible up until Hidden Palace got name dropped. While it would be easy to slap together a level using the interior parts of SSZ Modern and call it HPZ, popular thought is it's Sonic 2's unused level.

Which makes no sense considering it never (officially) existed.

But as always, 4Chan rumor pages are always highly suspect if not straight ignorable. The only reason people give them any thought was thanks to Wentos way back with Unleashed.

12. SuperSonicRider

SuperSonicRider

It could be based off of Lava Reef 2! :specialed: [assuming it even DOES come out]

...or maybe I'm just hoping for too much. :-P Likely the latter.

13. Saidian

Saidian

England
    Blast From The Fast (Fangame)
    Well with Sonic 2's Hidden Palace, SEGA could obviously fit it into the games storyline quite easily

If this DLC rumour is true (Hidden Palace or not), I'm gonna hold off my next runthrough until it comes out

14. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Sigh. Guys, I already deleted posts on the 4chan rumor, and I'm too lazy to do it again, so let me just put it this way.

4chan is full of shit. Like, 99% of the time. Don't post or believe 4chan rumors unless there is good reason.

15. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    If it was Hidden Palace it would be the one from S3K, and probably a Knuckles rival fight.

...but as if Sonic Generations sold well enough to get DLC.

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    God I would love it to be a classic Knuckles rival battle. I could see the intro and hub world now. And we'd get to see Classic Knuckles hanging around the hub world, with hopefully that Sonic & Knuckles Knuckles theme playing outside the level with the Sonic 3 midboss theme playing in the level.

Also, think about this. 4 levels makes no sense since all the hub world sections go by 3s, but 3 and a rival not only make sense, but also somewhat evens out the classic/modern boss fights. What doesn't make sense about this list though is the 1 classic and 2 modern levels. Sonic 3, Unleashed, and Colors? Why not any of the Adventure era levels? There were more than city levels, even though Generations chose to ignore that. However, I will say this, I hope that DLC list is true as I love the level selection. Not only would Ice Cap, Dragon Road, and Starlight carnival be great levels, but they would break up the horribly repetitive tropes used in the game. Also, all great games.

Classic Sonic snowboarding in Ice Cap. Pleaseeeeee.

Also I'll say it once and I'll say it again. I still believe because Sega has a horrible track record with reliably releasing DLC. Unleashed sold better because it was also on the PS2 and Wii instead of the PC and 3DS. I want to see Generations/Unleashed PS360 sales comparisons. I'm curious. Also, Unleashed DLC came out faster because the levels weren't new, they were mostly edited levels, really small environments, or scraped content. Given the fact that Sonic Team is so fuckin slow, it seems to make sense that it might take this long to make 3 new levels.

Also, what else would they be working on. Dimensions... hahaha fuck I laughed.

17. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    SEGA making DLC for this game at this point is about as likely as them making Colors for other systems now. I.E., highly improbable. It'd be nice, but I'd sooner bet on a return of Chaotix in 3D than Generations DLC.

18. I don't think it's that unlikely. I mean, Left4Dead 1 had DLC when Left4Dead2 was in full swing. I'm sure there's other cases of games older than a year (which, by the way, this game isn't) having DLC.

I'm holding out hope! Always!

19. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    But thats Valve though, they actually give a damn when it comes to fans, wasn't that fan-created PC DLC to begin with? Besides, I'm seeing some great progress with Fan-DLC. Mind you it feels bad for console people but the PC crowd has got it pretty good.

20. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    The PC version is 66% off on greenmangaming.com: http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/nl/en/pc/games/adventure/sonic-generations/