don't click here

Rare Sonic Art (And restoring it)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by JackSkellinghog, Jun 22, 2011.

1. egel

egel

Cheeseland
    May start a small page about my MD collection.
    Not sure if this has been posted before, didnt see it in this thread yet though.

If this has been posted already or doesn't belong here, my apologies. Just wanted to make sure you guys didn't miss out on this!

Lots and lots of interesting Sonic CD concept art (and ideas).

2. I don't know if this is rare or not but I found this on the Sonic News Network wiki...

[​IMG]

3. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    I'm pretty sure that's been around here before, it's pretty amusing how almost all the things he talks about don't actually appear in the final game XD.

4. Here ya go:

[​IMG]

5. Athelstone

Athelstone

Oldbie
    Nice work BouncekDeLemos ;)

6. No probs! :D I got another one, which isn't rare, but I tried to restore it. Looks like crap and rather rough around the edges since I rushed the heck outta it.
    But oh well:

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/3153/ndlms.png

7. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
  8. Sofox

Sofox

Ha, yeah! That was exactly the poster that hung on my bedroom wall!

For those who want to know what I'm talking about, check here: http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=28125&view=findpost&p=680580, where among other things, we see that image being used in another location, and parts of another poster in the series.

By the way, is anyone archiving all this art? I've already seen a few Photobucked "this image has been moved or deleted" thumbnails.

9. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    I got a new Sonic artwork. This was yanked from the latest trailer to Disney's Wreck-It Ralph.
    [​IMG]

10. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    He looks strange without the eye-gleam. I know this was taken mid-movement, but a lot of things seem weird about this picture :P

11. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    This reminds me- I was shown a picture on 4chan and I'm curious to know if it's real. Any help?

[​IMG]

ARGUMENTS FOR "FAKE"

1- Can't find source other than a Sonic News Network article. Shudder.
    2- The fact it's a photo and not a scan.

ARGUMENTS FOR "REAL"

1- The art style seems legit
    2- References are made to that cloak in the Sonic 2006 script despite there existing no art of the cloak. This would explain it.
    3- The fact it's a photo could mean it comes from that Sonic 20th Japan party where they showed a lot of previously unknown concept art.
    4- And if it's from said party, Sonic News Network is also the site with the most pictures from there.

12. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Arguments for "REAL"
    1- It's from Sonic Generations

Arguments for "FAKE"
    1- It's real

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71o1Jznjb_A[/youtube]
    25 seconds in.

13. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Well that's that settled, thanks :D Is there any way to rip those arts instead of photographing the screen?

14. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Robotnik looks like he's banging out a shit on the bog.

15. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    [​IMG]
    To another galaxy

16. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I don't remember seeing this Amy art before:

[​IMG]

17. AeonicB

AeonicB

Oldbie
    Freelance
    Loving all this old art. I do notice one concept art missing from the Wiki. I'll try another restoration later tonight (my first was fugly.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, Oshima's art... it's my favorite! :) I wonder what medium he used, though...

18. You know ever since I first saw that picture I've wondered why they never had her use the cape in the rush games or 06'. Since in her lost bio in the game files it states that "She wears a cape to hide her flames"

19. Truner

Truner

Do we know anything about this art aside from the fact that it appeared on a Hungarian McDonald's box?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/52685605/DSC00634.JPG

The box is from 2007. Should I scan it? Can someone complete the picture/find it somewhere? It reminds me of Sonic Advance 3, but it's not the same art.

20. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    It's from Sonic X.