don't click here

Archie Sonic Comic Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SonicComicWorld

Here bro, go nuts.

Also dear god what has he done to Lien-da?! This is all I heard in my head while reading that.

2. Tylinos

Tylinos

Well, not good so much as not horrifyingly bad like this is. It used to at least be decent.

3. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    I'll be honest, I'm on issue #15.

... Bunny lost her robotic parts? What's the appeal to her character supposed to be now? I mean, all she has going for her is that she's a half-badnik.

4. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    There was a second story on just that. 'Twan pretty much cheered her up and they kissed.

5. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    I hope she gets some kind of exo suit or something somewhere down the line, but it seems like Ian is retiring a lot of characters. Sonic, Antoine and Tails are the only freedom fighters left that aren't dead, nerfed or roboticized.

6. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    One more and the SatAM cruft is finally gone, then? =P

7. Tylinos

Tylinos

So, Sonic Universe #36 finally addressed the thing I was worrying about in this arc: Why New Mobotropolis happened to be just above the Babylon Garden.

The answer was something I'd completely forgotten about: The nanite city was originally built by A.D.A.M.; Nicole had simply repurposed it. A.D.A.M. detected the Garden there and built the city so he could use its systems for the whole gathering of the Chaos Emeralds thing in #169.

8. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I haven't seriously followed the series for a bit now, but I'd love for the comic to take another "Sonic Tails Roadtrip" type archetype like the Ixis Naugus arc starting back in #57. Leaves for a lot more possibilities! I feel it's time to uproot the character a bit. Bollers and Penders both had a type of pacing that gave legitimacy with Sonic being based in one place with tons of associates, but the way Flynn writes lends itself more to non-stop action, or at least having Sonic on the move regularly.

9. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    I'm not much of an Archie person, especially since they don't never sold the books here (to my knowledge, but I could be wrong. Although, I guess you get the comic in the mail? Never subscribed for comics before.), but this is kind of interesting. Hope this is worth posting. Saw this in Rockman Corner.

[​IMG]

This picture from Ben Bates is up for auction on eBay. Right now, It's $17.57, with 4 Days and 21 Hours left. Just thought I post this in case someone wants to take a crack at getting it. Would be interesting to see a Sonic and Megaman Crossover, but dunno if that'll ever happen. Never know.

10. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    So since Penders is suing Archie over characters he created, does that mean I could do the same with their Mecha Sally and the one I made over a decade ago? :P j/k

Seriously, I thought it was pretty cool plot twist. It was unexpected and actually has me anticipating the upcoming issues. Although I do have to wonder if I need to retire my nickname now... >.>

11. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    ...Dammit, now you've got me contemplating this, even though I never read Archie anymore.

The only reason I'm intrigued is because I'm aware there was some god-forsaken crossover issue with Sabrina the Teenage Witch back in... looks like early '00s. The mere thought was always revolting to me, as there's no logical connection between the two. With Megaman, as feeble as "they're both game series" is, there's a little more common ground that could be used semi-decently, I think. The question is, in today's age, would Archie actually take the plunge and risk it? I get the feeling that, like Sega, they're slightly more apt to think about what they're doing before just pushing forward. And of course, would Capcom agree to it?

12. Tylinos

Tylinos

http://amomentofarchiesonic.tumblr.com/

[​IMG]

13. Indigo Rush

Indigo Rush

oh jeez

The best part about me laughing my head off was that I was in a library and it was very awkward.

Oh, and this:

[​IMG]

...is amazing.

14. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Ah...The old days of the comics.

15. Kaosu Reido

Kaosu Reido

Old days?

Fuck, that continued right up until Flynn came on the comic. If you can say one thing for the comic, it's that the art has been very consistently not-horrible since at Yardley! first got on it.

16. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Yeah, old days. Ian came in 2006 with issue #160.

17. Tylinos

Tylinos

[​IMG]
    For the most part. (From the backup story in #168, drawn by Gary Bedell)

18. How did Sega or Archie let this shit fly? (RE: the horrible art styles by multiple artists of the comics)

19. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    After going through that blog I see why people just want to nuke it all and start over....god damn glad I started at #185 and avoided this whole disaster.

God what were they thinking letting this kind of crap pass through!:
    [​IMG]

20. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    Quality control? HA! It's just Sonic. What could possibly happen?

I'll never get that panel of Knuckles kissing Julie out of my mind. Especially Vector's BEAUTIFUL STATUESQUE LEGS.