don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I may go back and try computer shading this puppy one day. Worth a shot. It's certainly not a bad drawing, just needs a bit more love in the color department. I just wish I had the programs, the tools, and the skills to shade like some of these awesome contest winners.

2. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Oooh, so you folks across the pond already have your soundtracks? Nice. It's the same soundtrack being reviewed in that other thread, right? Is it really as bad as you guys are making it out to be are is it just getting the SR treatment?

3. BSonirachi

BSonirachi

Wiki Sysop
    Okay I have all the achievements and the D.A. Garden, Visual Mode and Stage Select unlocked and the game cleared with both Sonic and Tails, but how do you unlock the Sound Test?

EDIT: Nevermind I got it.

4. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

Some of the loops are a little jarring, but I honestly didn't think they were that bad. Not as good as the loops the downloadable game but decent enough for me.

5. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I figured as long as the meat of the songs are intact it shouldn't be the end of the world. Personally, I'm excited, but mostly because I don't get CDs often and this one's an official Sonic (music) CD.

6. Montblanc

Montblanc

For people that doesn't know what to do with this: unrar and copy it to your sdcard or the internal memory of your Android device. Then move that folder (com.sega.soniccd) to /Android/data. The installer will find the data and skip the download process.

The save file seems to be stored in the same folder with the name "SGame.bin" so you can share your progress between your phone and devices. :)

I found graphical glitches on some Android phones, I'm going to write about this later.

7. JoseTB

JoseTB

Tech Member
    Is anyone else experiencing "slowness" on the Android version? I managed to download it but it won't run at full speed in my phone, feels like a slow motion version at 30-40 fps. For the record I have an HTC Desire (Froyo, stock rom, rooted & soff); I realize the phone is old, but I would think its 1GHz cpu should be more than enough to run the game fluently... it seems like I'm not alone but no signs of a way to fix it yet.

(Gave it a 5 star review on the android market anyway, but it would be great to find a solution)

8. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I'm trying the Android version right now and there's no slowdown at all, save for an occasional split second here and there. I've also not had any problems with the sound when the phone goes into sleep mode.

I'm using an Optimus Black.

9. I find that I am glad to see that it won't come to the Wii . All in all I very much despise the Wii mostly because of it controls and how cheaply made it is , but thats just me.

10. Ravi Singh

Ravi Singh

Los Angeles, CA
    The Snake Soup
    The Japanese soundtrack is the same as the European soundtrack, right? Or am I wrong and this guy is right?

11. Stiv

Stiv

Oldbie
    NE England
    Sonic the Comic - Online!
    Same here. Same phone, same slowness.

12. TheLoz

TheLoz

UK
    Learning
    The guy in your link seems to be very confused - he's stating that there's three soundtracks :v:

The Japanese soundtrack was also used for European releases. Only North America had the alternative soundtrack.
    There was no third seperate European soundtrack.

13. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    And you should feel ashamed.

14. TheLoz

TheLoz

UK
    Learning
    Yeah, some people forget that despite the bizzare and unfortunate limitations and the spontaneous gluts of shovelware, the Wii's not a terrible console.
    It had some pretty awesome games (including the first-party ones) and it did pretty much pave the way for motion controls.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I'm glad it didn't come to the Wii because of it's absolutely ridiculous Wiiware game size limitations. This game must not be dumbed down so that people can play a bastardized experience of the game.

16. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    That's pretty much how it was in the original version of the game. At least the ending sounds better than the opening.

17. TheLoz

TheLoz

UK
    Learning
    Now this I can agree with. That's perhaps the single stupidest thing about the Wii. 'Oh hey, yeah, we're gonna have a game store for fun little indie titles
    BUT THEY MUST BE TINY. I don't understand the logic of it. I'm not sure there is any.

18. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    My HTC Incredible was experiencing some slow performance but that went away once I used a task manager to kill some background applications and clear some memory. The game ran smooth after that. Give that a try.

19. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    (first post, apologies for being a new person, won't happen again, etc etc..)
    Just got an exciting email from a certain Laurie Cooper rejoicing over my crushing victory in the Sonic CD contest! (or uh, low-tier runner up to be accurate... it wasn't that amazing.)
    Have all the EU emails been sent by the same person? He seems like a pleasant chap, maybe this picture was taken in reaction to everyone's fan-art entries? I'd like to think so.
    http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/laurie-cooper/31/535/a1a

Anyway, it was a pretty bare bones e-mail asking for basic address and phone number confirmation, with a nice banner for Sonic Generations at the bottom! Just incase I hadn't bought it yet. Cheers for the reminder Sega. ;)
    I'm gonna assume at some point I'll be asked what format I'd like the game on. Since I've been a slave to the 360 version since Wednesday, I'm happy to give away my download code if anyone on here happens to have not had the joy of blitzing through this title yet. Any takers on that one?

In regards to the game itself, I'm normally a 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it', but in this case. It not only got fixed up, it got twelve go-faster stripes and went on to play at woodstock and land on the moon. All at the same time.
    This is an amazing example of taking what some people consider to be the best 2D Sonic, and throwing it out there for people to truly see exactly why people think that!

It might be a silly thing for me, but being able to switch the music is such an amazing thing to do. I find myself frequently starting a new stage, going back to the main menu; "We're gonna need some NILSEN on this level!" and off we go again. And vice versa.
    Currently doing my Time Stone run at the moment, the only real thing I noticed was a little bit off (at least compared to what I remember Gems Collection having was that I felt the Bad End animation was slowed down quite a tad, to the point that we were seeing transitions between each individual frame. Apologies if this already got touched upon, hoping this was for the Bad ending only.

Anyway, here was my entry. I think the only thing it had going for it was the pixel art-ish side to it. Originally unintentional, but uh, I'm glad I lost to some amazing pictures that didn't feature everyone's original character recolours. It's been quite a good few months, that's for sure.
    http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq191/zack_materia_hunter/MichaelHarleySonicCD.jpg

20. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I would like to highly thank sir Skyler for gifting me this on the iPhone last night. =)

Also I don't know about you guys, but on the iPhone version I'm experiencing (very) minor input lag. That combined with the tiny virtual d-pad and A button is making the last stage the bane of my existence. <_>