don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. KeebeeNacho

KeebeeNacho

WORM BAGGED Member
    USA
    I'm drawing something, not that you'll ever see it.
    Man, screw the metal sonic race.

How am I supposed to peel out when the ipod version has such a tiny control pad, and I have such huge thumbs? Every time I just accidently press the button that's only like millimeter away and screw it up. I give up, I can't enjoy this if I can't fricking control it.

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    No, actually Tails starts running away, then turns around and looks at the nothing to the left XD script fail

3. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Can someone post a video with the american soundtrack just to show how does the Metallic Madness Present song loops?

4. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    You're playing a video game on an mp3 player. What the fuck were you expecting?

5. Cyberblade

Cyberblade

Can't catch me ya bastard! Member
    Ohio
    Sonic Shift
    He's playing on a touch screen, what the fuck could anyone expect?

I ended up downloading an app to map a Wii Remote to keys on my Android phone, because quite frankly playing anything more complex than Angry Birds on a touch screen just isn't worth the effort.

6. KeebeeNacho

KeebeeNacho

WORM BAGGED Member
    USA
    I'm drawing something, not that you'll ever see it.
    There are some seriously great games for iPod Touch, and most of them have good controls. I recall that that Sonic 1 and 2 both had an option to frame the actual games screen, and place the buttons on the outside so your huge thumb isn't blocking the tiny hedgehog. A feature like that, and slighty larger control pads (ones on the touch screen, not actual buttons, in case anyone misunderstood), would make the ios version much better. So when the same problem is solved for the other Sonic games, of course I expect it to be the same way with this one.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game for everything other than that one problem. Besides, the only non-nintendo gaming device I have is an iTouch, so it's not like I had any other option.

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well the difference here is that the game is stretched out to fit the entire screen. In the iOS version of Sonic 2, the screen stretches out, so there actually is less space when your thumb is blocking the way. In other words, Sonic is smaller in this game then he is in Sonic 2 for the ipod touch when in full screen mode, so you get more screen space.

8. MrPhysics

MrPhysics

Non "oldbie" oldbie Member
    Ogden
    Fractal Art
    I vote Sega for the worst servers of the year award, this is just sad, 5 hours and several attempts later, %11 is the highest its gotten so far.

I find it hard to believe that a company with the resources of Sega cant handle a few thousand downloads, there has to be bugs in the server software or something. Either that or they're hosting the download on Dreamcast.

I wants mah Sonic!

9. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    It'd be cool as fuck if they hosted the download on a cadre of dreamcasts.

Stupid. But damn cool.

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    One thing that always bugged me about Metal Sonic in this game.

Why the hell are his eyes gray?

11. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    At least you're being mature about it...(Edit: And I do agree with everything you said!)
    I mean, it could be some young kid who wanted to take a crack at it. Nothing wrong with that. They didn't say there was some kind of age limit did they? And if even if so, not everyone can draw oh-so-good like many others despite age. At least he/she tried. And it has a fancharacter, so what? Just wanted to get this out.

Anyway! Don't have XBL or PSN, so I cannot play, but I would love too. All depends on how much getting the parts for XBox Live cost and how easy it is to setup, unless you can do via Router like the Wii, which...I kind of doubt. XP

12. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    But then why even keep up the pretenses of it being an art contest. If that's the case, I should've won a crapton of shit from gaming magazines. Do you know how many crappy drawings I sent those guys!?

13. Jay T.

Jay T.

Hmm...well, how the companies or whatever judge is up to them. Call it a little pet peeve, but it sometimes bug me to see some artists and their artwork get trashed like that sometimes. I mean, like I said, could've been a young kid, probably didn't have that much to work with, probably doesn't have that much experience in drawings. Stuff like that. Plus I don't see the big deal about a fancharacter. SEGA didn't say they were against the rules, did they? Plus not everyone is on the same level on how most fan characters are treated in the community. I'm just not the type to insult someone's artwork like that. I may criticize, but that's about it.

...More or less, pretty almost all what SpeedStarTMQ said...he said it pretty good.

I'm done...I think. *looks at some Sonic CD vids*

14. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Got it, beat it, loved it. Tried to play it "properly" by attempting to get all Time Stones and/or all Good Futures, unfortunately I suck at the game and after the first level I failed miserably. Damn good game though, some later levels are unnecessarily confusing (Wacky Workbench specifically), but otherwise this is a great game all around. So much better than Sonic 4 by just about every account, I'm really glad I waited to play this instead of watching a Lets Play or booting up Gems Collection again, it just felt so fresh and new. More ports like this please, maybe even a new game with Taxman's engine and CD-esque visuals, none of that Sonic 4 CG shit.

15. Impish

Impish

Kay, here to help. You CAN do it with a router, but its a hassle. A much easier way to do it is by using your computer as a bridge with internet connection sharing. Here's how.

16. Jay T.

Jay T.

I think I might have that adapter or something like that. Have a bunch of old stuff packed up. Either way, many thanks for linking me to this! This will be very useful.

17. Rokkan

Rokkan

Yeah, only noticed that the drawings needed to be explicitly made for the thing after I sent the e-mail with it already.

But hey, the version I sent to them has a higher resolution than available online and is slightly altered, so TECHNICALLY.....

But whatever, I'm ready not to win anything out of this contest, but I really hope I do. I'm just really happy my artwork was seen by the art director and chosen!

18. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    Edit: Palette limitations. Taxman could have replaced them, but this is a 1:1 remake. WRONG!

I'm really enjoying this. I wonder if it will receive a Japanese release?

19. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Not palette limitations. (see his feet?)

20. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    Except very obviously not. Barring the totally new content, he's already made aesthetic adjustments like smoothing out the spotlights in SSZ and the UFO scaling, making shields transparent, probably a few other things.