don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Now that I've had a decent playthrough it's finally good to see that Sonic is back on form and hopefully will be from now on, from a classic play standpoint. A couple of things that stand out to me is the widescreen and the absence of that weird and crappy camera. These two alone (apart from the glorious physics of course) have really improved the gameplay experience that I don't think I could ever go back to playing the Mega CD version. Some might not agree but it now feels so much more natural to play compared to having to work with the camera when you're bouncing all over the place.

2. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    I like the Mega CD version... the only thing that bugs me on that is that you can't complete Metallic Madness Zone Act 2 Past because the spring can't make you jump high enough to reach a platform.

3. TheLoz

TheLoz

UK
    Learning
    This! There's been no word redcently. I'm anctipating the Steam release of this massively, and it's beginning to get a bit irritating that there's been no further word. It'd be nice to see it re;eased before Christmas, but at this point I'd just settle for a release date at all.

4. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

Knuckles' Chaotix is a perfect game with no flaws Member
    Hey Retro, I need your help!

I've unlocked everything except the sound test, and I can't find any info on how to get it. Anybody here know how?

5. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Get under 5(?) minutes in the Special Stage time attack.

6. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    ^It is something related to the time attack! A low total time I think!

There are two things you unlock with time attack this and another thing I forgot.

7. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

Knuckles' Chaotix is a perfect game with no flaws Member
    Well, I've already gotten a total time of about 4 and a half minutes in the Special Stage time attacks, and that unlocked the Stage Select.

Do I have to get it even lower??

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yep, it's 4 minutes for the other unlockable

9. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Ah, right.

Has anyone ripped the soundtracks yet? I need me some Collision Chaos Good Future US on loop.

10. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Me too! I tryied ripping it but it's all incapsulated inside the rdsk file! :(

Guess we'll have to wait for the PC release x.x

Nobody seems to play with the US soundtrack, that's so strange! o.O

11. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Well, I suppose that answers my "has anyone tried reinstating "You Can Do Anything" and "Cosmic Eternity" yet" question.

12. Miles Prower

Miles Prower

Renard Oldbie
    [​IMG]

I fucking love you guys.
    BTW that's the PS3 version on a Sanyo Z5. Looks gorgeous.

13. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    You need to get under FOUR minutes in Special Stage time attack. Under 5 gets you Level Select.

14. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    In fact the opening videos are outside that and are in the mp4 format so someone can just edit them with any video editor (for the iOS platform) but the I hate the singer so much I'd never restore them hahah;

15. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Hey guys I heard there was a dashboard theme and gamer pics for the 360. Anybody know how to get them?

16. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    Wow. How ignorant. You do realise that the Wii is so cheaply made that it has the lowest failure rate out all three major consoles?

Taken from the SquareTrade website

SquareTrade provides extended warranties in the US.

You can't have seen one of these.

[​IMG]

And if you actually despise a console, you need to leave your mom's basement more.

On topic: I'm holding out buying this on android until the server problems have been fixed, no point trying to stress a server that's already suffering. I doubt I would play it much anyway, I just don't get on with touch controls. What I have seen though, just makes the wait for the Steam release more painful.

17. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    It doesn't matter that Wiis fail less, the components used are considerably cheaper. Hence, cheaply made.

18. Tyty

Tyty

KNUXEDO KAMEN Member
    ↑ & ↓ & ↻
    I'm running into a much different problem from everyone else playing it on android.

It uh... Runs too fast on my phone. It's really weird, but I feel like I have constant speed shoes.

19. AeonicB

AeonicB

Oldbie
    Freelance
    Just got the iOS version. Running great on a second gen iPod. Yes, I know there's a difference between old school and old, especially when Sonic CD runs :) but Marathon won't! =P

Cheers to the Taxman, great work. :)

Going concentrate on getting the 360 version after Christmas. :)

ETA: Playing with US soundtrack, my sister is playing with the Japanese. I find the US captures the emotions better, ala Tidal Tempest, while older sissie prefers the poppy, catchy music, and the boss theme. =P Different tastes?

20. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    Wait, you mean the Marathon FPS games? Did they do a port to iOS? Had no idea if they did.