don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    So I see. Well at the very least I know this now and not when I'm playing the game and wondering wtf do I do here.

Of course I still would like to know WHEN THE GAME COMES OUT

2. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I really hope the game is 800 MS Points. It's all I got.

If it's more than that then Daytona USA here I come.

3. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    Sneaky, but I like. I do this all the time anyway. :U Very much looking forward to this.

4. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    What's this? Game achievements making you actually play the whole game, thus causing its clearing to be... an achievement? What a concept!

No, seriously, I really like that. I've never gotten all the capsules and Metal Sonic projectors so this will be a first for me.

5. David The Lurker

David The Lurker

For some mysterious reason... Administrator
    oh man those achievements. They make me all tingly inside. Especially since they're more than just "oh man you beat a zone. oh man you beat another zone!!1!"

And I know we kinda already did the music topic to death and back, and it's possible no one knows the answer, but...

So in the other topic, it looks like the soundtrack to Sonic CD was just released in the U.S. iTunes store. Complete with lyrics. And thinking way back when, Sega actually did release the lyric-full version in the United States, back for Sonic Jam. So I guess what I'm wondering is...is it possible that certain rights could have been cleared up by Sega at some point to allow the soundtrack to be released on iTunes, and could possibly carry over to the game release? It would be neat if we could choose between having the vocals or not if that's the case.

6. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    Those achievements are brilliant! Especially the statue one!
    You came up with these Taxman? I can't picture the guys who have been emulating the megadrive games on PS3/Xbox360 coming up with an interesting list of achievements like this one.

7. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    Hmn, curious question about achievements, it's not important but...

Assuming you didn't get hugged by Amy in Palmtree Panic, would you still get the achievement when Amy hugs you at the end of Stardust Speedway?

EDIT: Actually, come to think of it, how come there's an achievement for both completing the game and defeating "Robotnik's Final Machine?" In fact, why is the achievement after the achievements to beat the game and to collect all Time Zones.

Do I sense -gasp- potential OTHER secret final boss? I might be thinking to much on this, but I actually would like that. The final boss of CD was really anti-climatic.

8. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    A lot of games do this.

9. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Then I likely am thinking too much. Though it would be interesting, I would say CD's biggest flaw (besides personal gripes) was the anti-climatic final boss.

10. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    No achievement for destroying the Robotnik statue? I know it's really the same as finding the angel statue but I bet there are quite a few people that don't know about it.

11. Sploit

Sploit

Still hope Tails races against Tails Doll in Stardust Spreedway! :v:

Seriously though, this remake seems to be getting better every day, can't wait! :thumbsup:

12. I'll probably get it for 360 and iOS. I haven't really been following this thread so I didn't know Tails was available until just now. How is he unlocked?

Also it's nice that we have both soundtracks, but I really wish we could have had the option to choose which song we wanted to play for each level, like in Generations. For the most I prefer the US soundtrack but there are a few JP songs that I prefer.

13. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Unlocked by completing the game once. So far what I recall as all the confirmed changes to the game (someone correct me please if I say something incorrect):
    -Using Taxman's Retro Engine, which also allows 60fps and true widescreen.
    -Can select physics from either the original Sonic CD, or Sonic 2-styled (including the rev-up spin-dash).
    -US & Japanese Soundtracks selectable and now loop properly. Some songs from the Japnese soundtrack missing lyrics due to copyright issues.
    -Unlock Tails once you complete the game once.
    -Special Stages re-hauled to be much smoother and actually scale UFOs as opposed as using different sprites for them.

14. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Not enough green eyes Sonic though. :P

Really hope this encourages more enhanced ports. As often as SEGA churns out rereleases of the Sonic series, Jam and Genesis GBA are the nearest to adding a little extra to the classics (the latter isn't exactly appreciated for it either).

Out of curiosity I wonder if the save file sticks to Metallic Madness after you complete the game like in the original or you get a stage select option or something like in Sonic 3.

15. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I think I'll attempt the Saviour of the Planet achievement with Tails. >_>

Edit-

Is there really any advantage to using Sonic at all in the port besides that running move?

16. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    This sounds like a pretty good plan for when I attempt to do this Achievement as Sonic and give up due to being pretty bad at Sonic CD. :v:

17. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    So do just the intro and ending have missing lyrics, or do we also miss out on "Work that sucker to death" and the insane hip hop yowls in Stardust Speedway Bad Future?

18. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    Of course. Once he collects all the time stones, he can turn Hyper, and activate time travel at will without the need for Past/Future signs. During the time travel sequence, you can hold left or right to travel into the past or future.

*snort* Oh, wait, I guess I was dreaming. Sorry.

19. Ladies and gents, we're entering December soon. And barring any sort of unforseen horribleness, we will most certainly be seeing the best port of any Sonic game, ever, and perhaps one of the best ports of a classic title ever.

Backbone, suck our cocks and never touch Sonic again.

20. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Probably not, though that is more or less just being authentic to the original games, where Sonic pretty much was the powerless dud. If Tails doesn't have peel out however, it may give Sonic an upper hand, since that is a lot more helpful gaining speed for time travel.