don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

With the new and improved S2 spindash, is the peel-out even going to be be particularly useful though?

2. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe

Does it even matter balancing aspects of the game like that. You may as well not put the spindash in if you think balance is an issue.

3. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Not at all. After all the peel-out always was a little weird considering you can just roll after using it, essentially making it a high-speed and quick-charge spindash. Plus Tails is a post-game bonus anyway. Who cares if he's a little unbalanced?

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    So according to someone asking on twitter, the contest winners should be announced somewhere around the 14th.

5. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    Man, why are a number of those achievements misspelled?

6. FuzzballFox

FuzzballFox

Hmmmmm Member
    UK - Hampshire
    Nothing anymore
    I'm curious about the trophies, I know they will be the same as the Xbox's version, but what colours they'll be? Will these be just bronzes and silvers or will there be a couple of golds too?

7. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    "Work that sucker to death" was sampled elsewhere to begin with, so that won't be going. The weird voices in SS's music will probably stay as well.

What I'm more concerned about are the lyrics in some of the other tracks, like MM present and bad future.

8. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    Only the opening and ending JP tracks have been re-recorded.

9. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    I'm curious though, do the looped versions in this remake use the SNCBNK files as loop bridges? If so, are they the high quality source version, instead of the low quality PCM versions?

10. KeebeeNacho

KeebeeNacho

WORM BAGGED Member
    USA
    I'm drawing something, not that you'll ever see it.
    Hey guis!

I wonder what the ending cutscene will be when you finish the game with Tails. :specialed:

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    ...It will probably just skip to the "you are too cool" scene.

I hope they've included somewhere that scene with Sonic, Amy and Metal Sonic where they're just running away from each other, with all the swarms of animals going wild... although, to be honest, I don't remember what triggered it. Playing the ending from the Visual mode, perhaps?

12. Haha, never thought of that. They'd probably just slap the "See you next game" picture for tails =P
    Not really expecting anything other than the original cutscene though.

13. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    It plays after the credits when a certain player has set the most records in Time Attack mode. Specifically, it says "[player initials] you are the greatest player!"

14. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    I'm guessing it's the same as Sonic's playthrough. Although, since this version shows the intro cutscene AFTER starting a new game, means right after you choose Tails you get a faceful of Sonic. Nothing like immediately seeing someone you didn't choose.

Unless the cutscenes were redrawn for Tails. But I rather doubt that.

15. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    ...Or unless it also skips the intro after selecting Tails.

16. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    Can either of you show a video of this, I don't recall ever seeing this and I have just finished the game again after setting records in all of the Time Attack zones. After completing I just got the usual "You're too cool" message, nothing more. I'm curious to see what this is.

EDIT: Never mind, I got it. Seems I had to watch the ending in Visual Mode for it to work. Can't believe I'd never seen this in 18 years.

17. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    I'm just going to assume the 3DS will get some slice of the Sonic CD pie. Someday.

Sonic CD on the go on something that isn't a tablet~

18. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    A few of us have been playing it on our PSPs for years now. :ssh:

Also, I imagine it'd play nice with phones and Android devices like the Xperia Play.

19. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
  20. RGX

RGX

Animator Member
    US
    Same, I would buy this game twice (360+3DS) if it was ported to 3DS with depth. I would LOVE playing Sonic CD in 3D. Especially the special stage segments.