don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread II

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Oct 28, 2011.

1. My goodness, Emerald Coast modern looks boring as shit. I'll reserve judgement until I see other levels, especially more of the classic stuff, but yeah I have a feeling this game is going to be a piece of shit.

2. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    So the Classic levels are going to be "as close to the original path as possible"
    And the Modern levels are gonna be "boring straight paths with a slightly more exciting section at the end that requires boosting"

god damn this game is not Sonic Anniversary DS as I truly imagined it

3. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Well, I guess the short, linear levels will be ideal for breaks at work.

4. Looks like it could be fun. The level design needs work, obviously, but assuming there are levels that don't suck as much as Emerald Coast, it might be passable.

I'd probably get it if I had a 3DS.

5. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Well, the music and maybe the bosses will be interesting, at least. Still it'd be nice if their Modern levels had more features in them other than mindless boosting. :p

6. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    From the sound of all the details, I'm only really looking forward to the music. And even that's a stretch.

Kinda glad I've been leaning more and more away from this version until it hits the bottom of the bargain bin. Way too much wasted potential, but that's a rant for another day.

And no, it won't be an assault on DIMPS. It runs far deeper than just the guys who are contracted to work on the game.

7. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    So now you're not only making shit up, but your presenting your opinion as facts.

Cool

8. Felik

Felik

Who cares. Both Sonic Rush games were awesome.

9. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    Dimps has been known to make lackluster games for Sonic. That really isn't an opinion, it's being objective and that's all he was trying to get across. I'll grant you that a handful of those he mentions aren't quite as bad as some say, but for the most part he's not incorrect in saying Dimps has a mediocre track record.

10. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I have very mixed opinions about Dimps as a company because I can't stand to play the Rush games due to the awful physics but yet I love the Advance games. A lot of the Advance games had very creative level design and environments where as that one stage had remarkably awful level design. A lot of rom hackers here could come up with level design that's a million times more impressive. I can't really judge the other stages but god, I hope they're better designed than that one. What a shame considering how the handheld version had so much potential. I honestly wonder what went on in the thoughts of the employees when they were making the stage.

"...This isn't my best work."
    "Thank god I have tenure."
    "Iizuka won't give a shit."

>_>

11. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Man that Emerald coast looks really Un-Emerald coasty, it was 90% wooden decking. Where are my sunny beaches, cliffside triple loops and dolphins?

Kinda dissapointing considering they could probably emulate the Dreamcast Emerald Coast on a 3DS with a bit of shoehorning. =/

12. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Sky Canyon? =P

13. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    That level's biggest problem are the bottomless pits. The level actually had a lot good ideas, had a nice art direction, etc. The level pisses me off a lot when playing as Sonic, but I have a lot of fun playing it as Tails. I still like the level when playing as Sonic, but there's just way too many cheap deaths.

14. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    I think Dimps just arnt terribly good at sky levels. Seeing as they think bottomless pits everywhere is a good idea, going and making a sky level where the pits actually make sense just makes it horribly worse.

15. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    Sonic Channel got a new wallpaper:
    [​IMG]

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well at least that's awesome

17. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    That's pretty nice. Too bad there's no 1920x1080 version, but it'll do.

18. diplomacydog

diplomacydog

What did I just read? Member
    South Carolina
    No :(
    Sonic Advanced 2 was my favorite handheld Sonic, and Sky Canyon Act 2 was probably the giantess pain in the ass you could encounter. But the art direction was unique and the music was good as well.

19. Yeah while we're at it, direction is fucking everything you narrow minded morons.

20. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Last I checked this thread was about Sonic Generations, not Generic Dimps Bitching Thread #2142352. Talk about the game, not how much you think Dimps sucks in general.