don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread II

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Hopefully SEGA will tell us the sales figures soon. I really do want to know if this game has sold well.

Personal grudge much. What did FFshrine do to you?

2. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    I've heard of wall jumping not working properly, graphics not loading in certain stages, and crashes during some missions as well.

3. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    How many sites do you sign up for just to download one thing?

4. Falk

Falk

Yes it is. All walljumping sections are like that, which makes me wonder what other physics differences there are between that and console version.

Also I'll raise you a
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCllnl3c8Uc

5. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Tons! I really don't mind registering for sites especially when I might use the site later. I thought I was only going to use FFshrine once for this unreleased gamerip but turns out I use FFshrine on a constant basis.

6. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    only when I hold against the wall and don't press jump

7. SA2

SA2

Sonic's dead; fly down to his corpse Member
    how.. I just tried doing this and I can't do it
    Is it a console version?

8. corneliab

corneliab

It might just be a fluke. I've loaded up at that checkpoint a few times on consoles and have never experienced that.

While we're talking about glitches, has anyone ever restarted a level only to find that your boost seemed to be extremely nerfed? While doing some speedruns in the modern stages (Chemical Plant in particular), this has happened to me a fair number of times. It appears that the game thinks you're still in 2D mode, at least as far as the boost is concerned.

9. Falk

Falk

It's on PC. I was running through the level on PC in online mode just repeating each section over and over to perfect a speedrun. After a while that particular checkpoint suddenly just decided to start off in 3D mode, even if you die and respawn.

I think it's just living up to the heritage of 2006 being a robust, bug-free experience.

10. Actually, I had that happen one time on a different level. I think it may have been Seaside Hill.

11. SF94

SF94

Tech Member
    I had a similar issue in Sky Sanctuary seemingly at random. I didn't realize it had happened until I couldn't grab onto the bars that move up and down. http://puu.sh/8bmL

12. RGX

RGX

Animator Member
    US
    I don't have a video, but I managed to break Classic Speed Highway's camera somehow when I was Red Ring hunting. The camera would sometimes show sonic from the opposite side of the level and everything would flip horizontally. In some areas, usually consisting of inclines, the camera shifted in front of sonic so I would see sonic running towards the screen. Everything still played normally, just the camera was bugging out. This was in the Xbox 360 version.

13. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    I had a problem in Sky Sanctuary Act 2 where I'd pop out of 2.5D mode and fall to my death right at the checkpoint.

Multiple times, even. Weird stuff.

14. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    This. Nothing really against FFShrine and the fine people there, but I wasn't up for signing up there at this point in time. Down the road I'll sign up.

15. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    Well, I am so close to getting all the trophies. I just need 2 more Hidden Trophies, Time Attacker, and A 30-Second Trial. However, I have hit a snag:
    FUCK TIME EATER AND THE HIDDEN TROPHY "CAN'T TOUCH THIS!" Half the time I can't tell if I got hit in a way that doesn't count against the trophy or if it did count against it, leaving me to have to rage-restart just to be safe, and you all know how much of a pain in the ass this boss is.

16. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Same here please?

17. Falk

Falk

For what it's worth I hit both debris and his laser and still got the achievement. PC, if that makes any difference whatsoever in the achievement triggers. I definitely avoided his hands and clap attacks though. But seriously, I'd just play through to the end each time, it takes 3:30 if you know what you're doing.

18. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    I'm fully aware that the debris and laser (and the HOMING SHOT!) don't count, but half the time I can't tell if I was hit by a homing shot/laser/debris or if he physically hit me

19. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Noticed something about my LE, the music discs are not gold but white like the game disc, I loved the 10th anniversary gold disc so it's a shame to see them in a boring plain colour this time around :(

20. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Thing is, Sonic should slide down slowly, shouldn't he?