don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread II

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Roller

Roller

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog, Ring Racers (SRB2Kart 2)
    Ahaha you guys are going to rage so hard :v:

[video=youtube;An73FM0X_gA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An73FM0X_gA[/video]

RUINED FOREVER

(you unlock this after getting all of the red rings in classic planet wisp, btw)

2. Runner

Runner

Long time no see, old friend. Member
    In fact, the music does rage more than the feature, I hope the music is just a joke, though.

3. MastaSys

MastaSys

the game let you do it if you want.

It's a skill like many others, it cost precious points on your skill bar, it's not usefull to me then don't equip it, *equips Insta-Shield*.
    Problem solved.

4. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    No story spoilers.
    The music is an unlockable in the game, with a bunch of other music tracks. Amusingly you can use any song you unlock on any stage/boss, so technically you could even use that tune for the final boss. (Was entertained earlier doing the Shadow Rival boss on Hard mode to Super Sonic Racing)

5. Runner

Runner

Long time no see, old friend. Member
    Wow, I would do the same. :v:

Post related question:
    Is Sonic Boom an unlockable? I would love use that tune in the Metal Sonic battle. :v:

6. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

Yes, it is

EDIT: Only 13 missions to go!

7. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    I feel like they got the music backwards for Crisis City. AND speaking of Crisis City...
    Classic's is really clever. You think you get that sign post and then the tornado rips the section of building off and you have to chase it.

8. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    That Jump Dash looks hella broken, but given the final pre-credits cutscene, I guess it kinda makes sense? =B

Also, question unrelated to the above:
    Is it possible to use Super Sonic during boss fights this time around?

9. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

No. Skills cannot be used during Bosses or Missions.

10. Now I'm kinda hoping for a mod that increases the skill points limits, and also makes it so you can use more than 5 of them at a time. I wanna see just how badly we can break the game with all those skills enabled.

11. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    Super Sonic with the lightning shield, naturally.

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    There was one mission in Sky Sanctuary classic where Classic Sonic finished the level by running past the signpost and to the left.

Well I'll be damned that hasn't happened since Sonic 2 Game Gear.

13. [​IMG]
    I laughed. I still love Penny Arcade.

Out of curiosity, does getting all five red rings in an act automatically unlock something new, or is that just certain stages/acts?

14. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    That was one funny Penny Arcade strip.
    Just wondering, how's the sound emulation this time? Does the end of level signpost sound correctly?

15. I peeked at the credits and a HUGE Backbone Entertainment logo was displayed as part of it. So they're using the backbone port I think, which means shitfest.

16. Vangar

Vangar

Spent a few hours on it tonight! Got 11th on CPZ Classic for now.

Game is wonderful, Sega better start planning more Classic Sonic games. Hell, even the gameplay for Modern was tight and awesome. Sonic Generations 2 anyone? Or just loads of level DLCs.

I want Lava Reef, Ice Cap, Metropolis, Tidal Tempest ... MOAR!

17. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    As I'd hoped, the CE arrived today at my doorstep. Played the game up to City Escape so far (of which they surprisingly changed the level design a bit of the Classic version since the Gamescom demo). Besides encountering a glitch in Classic Speed Highway that messed up the camera, the game is awesome so far.

The gold ring that's included is number 4670 of 12000, which is what I assume the ammount of CEs that are being sold. The art book doesn't have much new art, it seems like the game itself does have a lot of never before seen concept art though. I haven't watched the documentary yet. The figurines are great and can be de-attached if you want to.

18. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    THAT TORNADO'S CARRYING THE END SIGNPOST!

19. Valvatorez

Valvatorez

Hades
    Got a question, both spoilers and non:

Non spoiler: Any word on the PC Demo?

Spoiler:
    Can you change the music of stages you haven't been through yet?

20. CraigRobbo

CraigRobbo

Spoiler...

Damn that was a short game, really gutted there wasn't more levels! Possibly the shortest sonic game ever, other than maybe sonic 3 (without the S&K plug in)
    I think its taken me around 2-3 hours to compleate the game in total.

However it was still really good & you can tell the effort has been put in, good replayability though

Craig