don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Is it US Bad Future though?

2. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Yes.

3. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-

Both, actually :P

4. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    FFFFFFFF-

Must have.

5. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    A friend of mine has the game demoed on an Android tablet at his GameSpot.

He tells me that the game has a locked out silhouette of Tails.

He also tells me that it has an extras menu and has D.E. Garden locked out too. Anyone know what this means? :P

6. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Prossibly, but I understand that the licensing issues is due to wording in that there's no terms for distributing the music digitally.

7. Whoa....... now let me get this, both tracks are in Sonic Generations????? So when I get my copy I can battle Metal Sonic to both the US and JP track!!!???

8. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    ...it means they hadn't unlocked D.A. Garden, obviously? I mean, you had to beat a specific time in Time Attack (hell if I know what it was) before it opened up.

The Tails silhouette has me interested, though. Tails in Sonic CD imminent? (Not counting that one proof-of-concept hack with Palmtree Panic 1...)

9. RyogaMasaki

RyogaMasaki

0xffffffff Oldbie
    You had to beat a certain total time for the sum of all times across all the time attacks (every zone and act). Certain times unlocked DA Garden and Visual Mode. It was brutal, but I did it legit on my Sonic CD PC (OEM edition represent) long ago.

Tails would be interesting to see. And speaking of her, I wonder if they'll leave the hidden artwork from the game in...

10. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Well, the solution here is simple. Remake all the classic Genesis/Mega Drive titles on the Retro Engine and release a physical compilation instead. :v:

11. Kogen

Kogen

Derp Banned
    Bouvet Island
    Last Party on the Moon
    You would think this would be out already for Sonic's 20th, sort of like Sonic Jam. Maybe they started it all too late?

But anyway, I have to say I am pumped for this. I just cannot wait to get my hands digitally on the prequel to Sonic 4 which is not Sonic 3 and which came out before Sonic 3 - aughh yeahh!

As for Tails, I assume that is hinting at Sonic 4 Episode 2. 'See you next game!', get it?

12. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    And make sure Tiddle's Sonic 3 Complete hack is used as a model for the Sonic 3 port/remake/whatever, so we can finally play Sonic 3 the way it was intended to be :v:
    (in other words, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, but without "&KNUCKLESLOL" branding pasted everywhere)

I am definitely getting this for iTouch, since the only version of Sonic CD I have played is Gems Collection, and that is supposedly a bad port according to people who've played the original.

13. So I went to Gamestop to preorder Sonic Generations, when I noticed something in the store.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It seems that GameStop has gotten ahold of the game on their tablets in the store. They said it should be out NOW according to it being on their tablets.

Not only that, but apparently they had the game on a tablet IN THE STORE. I could not play it, as they weren't set up yet. The tablets were in the back.

What do you all make of this??? It was a shock to me.

14. Did you confirm with them that they had the game on the tablet? Maybe the packin games are just download tokens and the one for Sonic CD can't be used until it comes out (which would be extremely weird)
    It'd be sort of neat if Sonic CD ninja appears the same week that Generations comes out, though.

15. From what they told me, it was the full version of the game. I asked if I could try the game, but they said the manager had to put the tablets out for people to try. I'll look at it again later this week once I go pick up my preorder.

16. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    My friend tells me that the tablets will be demoed soon and yes Sonic CD will be on them.

17. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Well, it'd help me figure out if the touch controls are shit or not.

And, frankly, I expect they will be. No disrespect to Taxman intended, but platform games and touch controls don't generally play nice.

18. Spindash54

Spindash54

Did you ever wonder how he spins in place? Member
    Can you take a full distance shot of the Tablet section plus that iPod area to the left? I'm the marketing guy at my store but we're not selling Tablets/Used iDevices yet, so I wanna get a peek at how the whole thing's gonna look.

Also, how huge is that store to warrant having room for GameCube on the wall? Most stores made that a Gondola thing years ago.

19. Well I won't be able to do this until at least Thursday as I am not in the area where the GameStop was, but I plan on making a return visit there soon so I'll try to get that picture for you.

On the size of the store...honestly its not that big. I'll take a picture of that too.

20. Spindash54

Spindash54

Did you ever wonder how he spins in place? Member
    Thanks, date doesn't matter too much to me (lord knows my store won't be selling the stuff till next year anyway, I'm just mentally planning). If the store isn't that big, I'm curious on what their priorities are. I've got a huge store and I have no idea where to put everything. Between DS, 3DS, Wii, PS3, PSP, Xbox, and Accessories, not to mention extra areas like PS3 Move, Kinect, New Releases, etc. Plus PS2, PC, and GCN on gondolas. I have no clue how I'm going to fit in Vita, Wii U, iPods, AND Tablets next year...

X_X