don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. gold lightning

gold lightning

They took it down and reuploaded it to fix the "May contain content unsuitable for children" part. :v:

I also still find it amusing to hear Professor Utonium advertise Sonic CD for some reason.

2. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    Why is that obnoxious spin sound in there? It wasn't in the original game so I hope they didn't implement it retroactively.

3. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Model 1 Genesis and Model 2 CD = wrong as fuck!

4. gold lightning

gold lightning

Sega dubs all the sound effects into their trailers so this isn't really anything to go by as to how it will really sound in game.

Why is it so wrong to have the best model of both the Genesis and Sega CD together?

5. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    ^ That's how I have it hooked up, I love my Model 1 over my Model 2 Genesis and I don't own a model 1 Sega CD. xP Anyway, I'll be getting this once it comes out because I prefer the Jap/Eur soundtrack over the US one and it's my second favorite game out of the franchise.

6. Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Free Scriber of Mobius Member
    I have a Sega CDX Model. ^_^

It still runs as smooth as the day I got it when I was little, both genesis and cd games, and it came with Sega Arcade Classics (5 game version) and Ecco for the Sega CD!

Like the trailer, chuckle a bit with the Sonic 4 tagline, I don't mind the tagline though it's pretty cool. Also it may just be me but I always figured that Sonic CD took place after S3&K, now years later Sega confirmed my belief, I'm not always right but I am most of the time.

One more thing I love both soundtracks, it would be nice for Sega to have Mr. Nilsen's Soundtrack as DLC.

7. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    What? Even with the supposed Sonic 4 "connection" wasn't it proven infinitely over that CD takes place after 1 and before 2 (regardless of its release date a year or so after Sonic 2)?

8. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Can we put up "SONIC CD DOES NOT COME AFTER SONIC 3&K" in some big bold letters everywhere?

9. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie

I think the 1996 PC release is partially to blame for this.

10. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I'm still seeing people posting that Sonic CD got retconned to be a part of Sonic 4 to make it a trilogy.

Please note that, at least on the front page, I'm auto-deleting these comments and am strongly considering enforcing a small suspension. Learn to read, you twits. This whole thing was cleared up and constantly relinked when the issue has to be mentioned in a story.

11. Liliam

Liliam

Previously Fred Oldbie
    But they DID retcon it, in a way.

(K)en (B)alough already explained that since Sonic CD was a closed story, there's really nothing that sets in stone where it lies in the timeline. Between Sonic 2 and 3 is doubtful, because of the Death Egg plotline, but anywhere else is game. So for the purpose of Sonic 4, Sonic CD has been retconned from taking place "whenever" to "after Sonic 3". At least, that's what I surmised?

The notion that they will put Sonic 4 billboards everywhere in the levels and place 30-second interstitials between each level advertising Sonic 4 and call the game Sonic CD: Sonic 4 Part 0 is still moronic and should be the entire focus of your rage, though.

12. Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Free Scriber of Mobius Member
    Oh hell I'm never going to become a full member now I am.....-_-

But ditto Neo, that's how I viewed that news myself, sorry if I caused everyone trouble.

13. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    Placing CD between Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 is (and always has been) the ideal continuity placement solution (imperfect spin-dash, Tails' "See You Next Game" Picture. Sonic 4: E2's story simply is connected to the events of Sonic CD. This does not mean that Sonic CD must be canonically adjacent to Sonic 4, or even occur after Sonic 3&K. Sonic CD is not retconned people.

14. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Reposting this because people cannot read or watch a video. The issue is closed and dead, clear?

Source

15. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    [​IMG]

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

FOR EVERY ORDER OF "SONIC 4 IN MY SONIC CD: BULLSHIT EDITION!" YOU GET A 3 DAY SUSPENSION! THAT'S RIGHT! NOT 1! NOT 2! 3 GLORIOUS VACATION DAYS!

ORDER NOW!

1-800-382-5268

Hablamos Español

16. Gahhh, what does Holiday mean.

I wanna know when I can purchase this and play the hell out of it. I hope I don't have to wait until December.

17. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I just wanna know the price.

I'm thinking 800 MS Points/$10 dollars because this isn't a straight up port like the other ones but its not a new game either so I'm sure they won't be outrageous and charge 1200 MS Points/$15 dollars.

400 Points/$5 would be very generous though.

18. The price I'm willing to pay is directly proportionate to how much of that money is going into The Taxman's wallet.

19. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    I'm expecting 1200 (because it's Sega) but I'd love 800.

400 is fantasy land.

20. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Dreamcast games are 800/$10 though.

I'd just expect the same for this from my reasons given.