don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I heard that too. Immediately was shocked. Thought I felt a tear in my eye

2. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    THis game is just looking better and better! I cant wait!

3. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Review copy, it's IGN. :p

Seems like some random dude in a corner somewhere if you don't know that much though, haha.

4. Eggomaticwaffles

Eggomaticwaffles

Oldbie
    Balloon Park?? Oh baby, I have a feeling we've just seen the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the number of classic tunes that are going to show up...

Crisis City looks and sounds pretty damn perfect too. I really think the best is yet to come my friends...!

5. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    Well, looks like they beat potential leakers to the punch with the spoilers. :P

6. MastaSys

MastaSys

Wow I was kinda afraid of the 1ยบ cutsceen, with all those characters.
    Thank god was kept simple, only giving lines to Sonic and Tails.
    Also Sonic actions regarding his birthday present were kinda funny :)

7. Dehry

Dehry

Ohio
    RE: at dawn.
    I am currently in class so I cannot hear the music. However, I just watched the video portion and it appears to still be dark but they still had a bell tower at the end of the stage.

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    DAT CRISIS CITY. Although I must say I'm kind of surprised they got rid of the snowboarding section. I know City Escape already had one, but still.

Damn this game is looking fine. Got to say I love the classic Sonic part of the opening cutscene. He's just running around, feels a rumble, goes wtf, keeps on running, then sees that thing in the sky and is like "fuck." All with never saying a word.

9. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Where did you see the opening cutscene? I didn't see it in the stream.

10. Zallirog

Zallirog

Uh, what were we talking about? Member
    Just after Speed Highway... I have to say, Perfect Chaos made me jizz in mah pants. Also I lol'd at Modern Sonic holding Amy back by her face ha ha ha!

11. Tiranno

Tiranno

Steveosaurus Rex Member
    You can complain Classic Sonic doesn't roll properly, but you can't argue the little prick still has it in the awesome department.

12. Deal roundup for the PS3/360 version:
    Kmart will have a 15.00 coupon for future gaming purchase
    Target is running a B2G1 on games next week

13. endy

endy

Man that stream just got me pumped more to play this. I won't be able to afford it though until after Christmas probably, which really makes me sad, but I got other things to buy first (like a table at a comic convention here next year, which will run me 300 dollars). But this game does have me all giddy, that Perfect Chaos form 2 music is pretty awesome in its remix. I've always preferred it to Open Your Heart because I've never really liked too many of the vocal themes and especially not Crush 40's haha. I am really looking forward to whatever classic remixes make their way out of all this too, it will be nice to have some great arrangements of the old tracks to listen to.

14. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Mind giving us an exact time so we don't have to sift through the entire video looking for Speed Highway?

15. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Perfect Chaos starts around 38:30

16. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    Looks like Classic Sonic isn't used to "loud noise means CALL TO DUTY" yet. Modern Sonic knows this well... and ignores it regardless.

17. Zallirog

Zallirog

The intro cinematic starts around 34:48 if you haven't already found it.

18. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Where does the opening play? Nevermind

19. Valvatorez

Valvatorez

Hades
    Wonderful music. Wonderful music EVERYWHERE.

I personally would have switched the Perfect Chaos music segments to work like the recent games do them (menacing final boss music first, main theme at halfway). But that's just me.

20. Zallirog

Zallirog

I agree that all the music in this game is going to be awesome, I can't wait for the OST to become available. However, I feel it was nice of the to stick to keeping "Open Your Heart" first because it always made me feel like the fight was getting more intense when the music took that drastic switch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.