Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scripten

Scripten

I'm really impressed that they're incorporating a lot of the classic level design elements into the modern levels. I noticed the high ground vs. low ground a lot in Sky Sanctuary especially, and it was very refreshing.

2. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I don't give a fuck how he pronounced it. It's a goddamn city. Hydro. City. :argh:

That aside...I love it. I mean, that's not really much to say but I'm loving this so much. I'm so goddamn excited.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    And I don't give a fuck if Hydro City is the way to pronounce it (Apparently that is the correct pronunciation) it'll always be Hydrosity to me. Similar as to the whole Reese's Pieces thing. Pieces or piecies? Obviously one is correct, but who the hell cares I'm calling it the incorrect later pronunciation.

4. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    It says pieces on the packet though. But now this irrelevant.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    It all depends on how you pronounce Reese's. You make one match the other. The "Reesees" pronounciation is also wrong but it's fun to do anything. But irrelevant is irrelevant.

So how many more days we got left til this comes out? like 19 days? fucking awesome.

6. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    However you pronounce it probably more depends on your accent than how you correctly say it. I mean, consider all the pronunciation (and spelling) differences between British English and American English - one being whether to pronounce "Z" as "Zed" or "Zee"; and then there are varying accents within the respected countries too. Like in England, the Liverpool accent sounds a lot different than the London accent, etc.

So whatever part of the country you're in will depend on how you pronounce "Hydrocity"

And that's before we get on to different accents the further east we go (the middle-east and far-east side of the world)

7. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    It will always be Hydro-City for me.

8. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    It was always hydrossity for me, now I think that it should be Hydro-City, I cannot get the original out of my head.

9. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Man I really want to see Speed Highway. They keep teasing it's hub in every preview but I have yet to see any footage of it.

10. Lord Nero

Lord Nero

Resident Nintendo Hater. Member
    Claymont, DE.
    Let's Plays, Work and Animation.
    Dreamcast Era Trailer

11. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    Oh, forgot about that. I meant like playthroughs to the extent we've seen of Sky Sanctuary and Seaside Hill.

12. Felik

Felik

Watched Modern Sky Sanctuary
    OH FUCK I WANT THIS GAME SO BADLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    SEGA has already spoiled half the game, you want to spoil even more?

14. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    Yes.

I spoiled Colors for myself before I even bought it, and I don't mind spoilers in Sonic games as much as I do in other games. It's just another way of ensuring I'm getting bang for my buck.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I watched all of Sonic 4 before I bought it

I regret nothing. Same goes for this. Not like I'm going to spoiler alert myself til the end of time. It's a Sonic game. Seeing good gameplay gives me something I'm sure to look forward to. By this approach, you know something looks like crap before you buy it.

16. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    I just find it kinda nice to be able to go through the whole game, or most of it fresh, instead of seeing everything it has to offer and then playing it. That's just me though, I'm happy with seeing full playthroughs of Green Hill Zone and City Escape and getting a taste of the hub, but I want to save the rest of the game for when I buy it.

17. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    I cant help myself watching the game play, but I regret it after.

18. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    I can play a game and still be surprised, in spite of watching spoilers.

19. Has anyone heard that the 3DS is delayed?

http://mynintendonews.com/2011/10/14/nintendo-3ds-sonic-generations-for-nintendo-3ds-apparently-delayed-until-next-year/

20. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    This. For some reason I always want to watch the newest videos of a new Sonic game. I never have this with any other game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.