don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    SHTH's hard mode explains everything. if you hit one of the ? bubbles you get a message from one of the characters that was in the game (exluding black doom) one of them is the GUN commander. I beleve in one of his messages he offers shadow to join GUN.

2. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    The weird thing is I've played hard mode, but I avoided all the ? bubbles like the plague.

I guess I should replay it.

And maybe get all the pointless keys? Nah, just replay it a little.

3. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I beat hard mode.

I was severely disappointed.

4. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    What by its difficulty? man its the only sonic game I've ever 100% in tbh it was soo fucking easy to A rank everything. to this day I still have trouble getting SA2B A ranked.

5. DinnerSonic

DinnerSonic

Never Posting Since 2004! Member
    Anyone know if I were to preorder the PC version from that Green Man Gaming site with that deal mentioned earlier if I would be stuck with a UK version that wouldn't work on my PC, or if it goes into Steam? Around 20 US dollars for a game that would cost me $50 to get on a console that I don't even own seems like a great deal, but only if it'd actually work out and not fail due to some DRM IP address related thing from the site.

6. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    The only countries I'm aware that Steam has restrictions on are Eastern European countries.

7. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    The move is a purchasable upgrade (with in game currency, so relax DLC people) and can be, much like other abilities, deactivated. Once again, the twits running around pretending to be reporters confirm the obvious.

The thought process is simply just more options for control. Seriously, this is not a brain buster at all. It's not like the team are going, "...hmm... how can we piss off our fanbase today?" Though, admittedly, I would enjoy it if they did scheme that up.

Instead, their thought process is to tease us with delicious cakes and sweets every Friday. You monsters.

8. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    So, can pre-Order Sonic Generations on Steam? Or is it UK only?

Actually, is this legit?
    http://www.direct2drive.com/11587/product/Buy-Sonic-Generations-Download
    I have 20 bucks in my pocket right now, and I'm sure I can get 10 more. All though, I really want Disgaea 4..

9. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    "Hard" Mode actually means "All the stages in a row", without any real appreciable difficulty change, so, yeah.

10. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    You can get the game for 20 bucks from Green Man Gaming if you use this coupon code: AUTUM-NSALE-20PEC
    Here is a link to the product page: http://www.greenmangaming.com/games/adventure/sonic-generations/

11. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    YouTube Memes
    Why are you guys not talking about the boss trailer (quick, before it gets pulled again!)?
    I love how Modern Sonic officially has more bosses than Classic Sonic. Classic's all "I can fight Metal Sonic and the Death Egg Robo", but Modern's all "I can fight Shadow, Perfect Chaos, Silver and Egg Dragoon!", and then they team up on the Time Eater (sort of making up for the imbalance).

Also now I can understand the complaints about Perfect Chaos. Now that we've seen the full thing in all its "glory", it looks completely different all over, barely even recognizable.

12. Zallirog

Zallirog

Uh, what were we talking about? Member
    SEE Perfect Chaos looks bad-fucking-ass I mean he looks like an awesome Godzilla enemy or something, it's just incredible! Although I must say only getting to fight him as regular Sonic really detracts from the boss fights epic nature a bit...

13. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Woo! I was expecting them to show the Time Eater at the end of that trailer.

But seriously...Chaos is SUPER FUCKING DIFFERENT.

14. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Just wondering, has anybody tried the 3D mode in the 360 and PS3 demos?

15. corneliab

corneliab

what the shit

All sorts of things going on in that one. It's nice to have a look at the Egg Dragoon fight, if only for a few moments. Looks kinda nuts.

Perfect Chaos though... it seems to have some sort of weird shell now. Pretty strange.

16. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Chimpo did at Boom. I believe he said it was shit.

17. Zallirog

Zallirog

Uh, what were we talking about? Member
    Well if you look back everytime he absorbed a chaos emerald he got more and more of a stone or other hard substance for a skeleton so it would only make sense as he "evolved" he would gain more of an exoskeleton for protection.

18. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    monster of the year confirmed? :(

19. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    YouTube Memes
  20. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    Still calling that the Time Eater is either
    Classic Robotnik, because he's nowhere to be seen (other than the signpost).
    Or Modern Robotnik, perhaps all that negative wisp energy backfired, and this game does happen 5 years after colours, in which time I assume they had no confrontations with Robotnik...

Anyway, the trailer looks fucking awesome, I'm really buzzed for this game now. =P

Edit: Edited spoiler. :v:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.