don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Placeholder price aside, you have no idea how much I was grinning right now. THIS IS AWESOME NEWS!!.

*EDIT* Someone at GAF pointed out that the D2D release is restricted to the same countries GFWL is available on, maybe this game will use GFWL? *EDIT*

2. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    This removes any doubts of that there's a PC version. It's definitely coming now.

3. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Brb, canceling console pre-order.

4. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    This news makes me so happy. God, it'll be so nice playing the game at 60 frames per second in 1080p.

5. SF94

SF94

Tech Member
    If I had a console pre-order to cancel, I'd probably brb too. I can't wait for this ;_;

And just because it's on the PC platform doesn't necessarily mean it'll play at 60FPS; they can easily cap the framerate =P
    (In before if they do, it's in XML or LUA and you can change it anyway </Sik>)

6. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    So the known possibilities for the PC release date right now are November 1/4 which is the main console release and November 30 which is the current PC release date on Amazon.fr/.de

I HOPE they have the framerate uncapped and untied from the game speed, Heroes suffered at the time from having the game speed tied into the framerate.

And, god, about 192319th time I said it but please don't let it have a locked internal resolution like SADX 2010 does, that just looks plain bad.

*EDIT* And let's get this out of the way right now since it'll inevitably be asked later, could a PC version be modded so Classic Sonic's physics resemble more the actual S1/2/3&K physics? *EDIT*

7. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Why would they cap it at a lower frame rate? Considering how the PC version of Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing ran at 60 frames per second while the console versions ran at 30, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same situation with the PC version of Sonic Generations.

8. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.

Because SEGA, remember they actually ported the XBLA version of SA for the Dreamcast Collection instead of just using the superior 2004 SADX port and in the process gave PC users a lot of bullshit limits like forcing a certain internal resolution (apparently 480p) at all times.

About the only good thing that came from that port was the improved 360 controller support.

9. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    I'm keeping my console pre-order, but that's mostly because my computer's an old rustbucket and I can't be bothered to get proper controller/graphics card/etc for it.

10. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I believe Jim did this and the game kinda broke itself or something.

11. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

There's a problem with lots of things like that. The rolling can be made much better without hurting anything, at least in GHZ act 1, but if you remove the invisible launchers on the top of ramps the levels will all be unplayable because the level models and collision send you to the entire wrong places when just using Sonic's own physics.

Also I still wish everyone would stop being retarded. A PC version doesn't help hacking at all. It saves a whole 5 seconds of transferring over FTP to the console HDD.

12. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Thanks for the answer, so a change like that would require modified layouts to compensate for the different physics.

As for the modding, I guess what we mean with the PC version being easier to mod is that we wouldn't need a modded console.

13. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    We can't all have jtagged Xboxes to play it on.

14. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    I'd prefer a PC version myself. Not just to the potential for modding, but just because I prefer PCs over console. The last console game I played was Disgaea 3 more than 6 months ago.

15. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Yeah, 60fps does seem much better than 30fps for a game like this.

16. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    Just been going through Retro's music tracks on here, and I would certainly lol if this was Generations main theme tune - or perhaps the end credits.

:v:

17. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    I can't wait for that Sonic R remix in the special stage

18. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    This isn't Huey Lewis.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD-drh88vqY

19. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Holy crap, now that's a pre-order incentive. It ain't no EU Collector's Edition, but I'll take it! Anyone double check to make sure that NeoGAF isn't trolling?

20. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    No trollin'.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.