don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    They brought back Colors's announcer for the Wisps. Game of the year all years.

Also, Perfect Chaos looks awful. Should've made him look more like the cutscene model from SA.

2. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Please tell me you're referring to the CGI opening and not the in-game cutscenes.

3. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Yes, of course.

4. corneliab

corneliab

Do you even really have to ask this? Really?

As if the term "cutscene models" doesn't make it perfectly clear?

5. SF94

SF94

Tech Member
    This is starting to worry me as well. Although I have a 360 that I could play it on, I'd still much rather play it on my computer. D=

Additionally, OMGPLANETWISP. It looks a lot more lively than the Colors version, IMO. Crisis City looks like... well, Crisis City.
    Edit: And yeah, Perfect Chaos really is kinda awkward looking...

6. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Like most multiplaformer releases, don't expect a PC version at the console launch.

If they still have plans, it'll most likely be months after release.

7. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion

Hey now, just making double-triple sure.

8. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    I think Perfect Chaos is the first real disappointment I've had yet; I was hoping for something closer to SAs opening cutscene. :( This one looks like he's made out of fake scales or something.

IGN what are you doing?
    "Uploading Sonic trailers."
    It's 4 o'clock in the morning, why on Earth are you uploading Sonic trailers?
    "Because I've lost control of my life."

"Here's your Sonic trailer, Sonic fan."
    Oh that's ok IGN, I don't like Sonic Generations anymore.
    "AAAAAAAUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHHH"

9. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I'll echo the sentiment of being a little disappointed that Perfect Chaos is more reptilian—dragonian, even—than being entirely constructed of water ala...

[​IMG]

But this could be due to a change in how he fights. Guess we'll see.

Everything else is looking good. Surprisingly not too many changes to Crisis City, aside from being reasonably playable now.

10. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Still no classic remix of Planet Wisp available to listen to. :/

11. I'll just throw a reminder that the 2 seconds of Perfect Chaos we all just saw is well...

2 seconds.

There was water dripping down his face, and we could only see his eye. You guys sure are making lots of assumptions over 2 seconds, especially when we haven't seen his whole model / body.

Considering Chaos is a liquid lifeform, they won't simply just go 'loldragon' on him.

What I find odd is that we had metal sonic for classic trailer, shadow for dreamcast and chaos for modern.

Why not silver? Hmm. He'll be in the game definately, just seems odd they ditched the rival reveal approach towards the end.

12. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    crossposting from neogaf:
    [​IMG]

13. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    First thing I thought was that it's more like the mural in SA. Eitherway, still looking forward to this game an unbeleivable amount. =P

14. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Hm, honestly I think he's just a higher res version of his mural painting, however still he has features of being made of water. Maybe his head just happens to be... I dunno, darker?

Dunno if I like green teeth or not. Also dat Crisis City. Oh SHIT. Looks pretty cool so far; screens are required <3 Though I was expecting the remixes to sound more like they did in Sonic 2006, but the faster pace in some parts is warmly welcome. I really like it!

And is it me or does that NOT sound like Cash Cash making the classic music?

15. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJwf1oJjgHs[/youtube]

It should have struck me sooner that Radical Highway was going to get a rub again after being featured in Olympic Winter Games, much like Sky Sanctuary's music was and, to a less surprising extent because of all its other cameos, Seaside Hill.

16. Elektro-Omega

Elektro-Omega

Mushroom Hill'in Member
    UK
    -
    I can't agree with this more. They use a classic rival for classic. A dreamcast rival for the dreamcast era and a dreamcast rival for the modern era.

Forgive me if this seems like I'm missing something but shouldn't it be a modern boss / rival for the modern era?

Just my 12.9p.

I'm still hugely excited for this though and I'm glad to see perfect chaos :)

17. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Kinda sounds like it to me. It's that synth solo-thing near the end that's been in Classic City Escape and the Big Arms fight that's making me think it was them.

Anyways, love the trailer so much. Music is awesome, Crisis City looks incredibly familiar yet great, Rooftop Run is, well, Rooftop Run, and Planet Wisp looks like the promotional CG work. Going to be tough to adjust to Perfect Chaos looking the way he is, but I think I can deal with it.

18. MastaSys

MastaSys

Silver IS the rival for the Modern Era.
    They didn't show it here, probably just to avoid apeshit on the internet and negative hype.
    Just with Shadow as a boss, people already played the "Shitty Friends" card to moan, imagine with Silver...

19. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    I could have sworn someone posted a tweet from one of the composers/sound directors/music directors from NiGHTS and Ristar saying he was in charge of the Classic Music.

20. Elektro-Omega

Elektro-Omega

Mushroom Hill'in Member
    UK
    -
    That mades sense. If Silver is in does that mean each era is getting a final boss and a rival?

if so, what is the modern final boss?

I'm getting more and more excited for this with each day. Cannot wait.

Also, kind of a sub question. Why do lots of people hate Silver? Is it just that he was introduced in StH '06?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.