don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I believe Sonic Colors was an overall good game that had some flaws, but at the end of the day it was a much needed step in the right direction. Is it perfect? Hell no. But it was the first Sonic game in forever to attempt to bring classic like environments into 3D and expanded upon the basic Sonic unleashed formula with the addition of wisp powers. It should be commended for that but it's not quite up on the same levels as Mario Galaxy or something. At the end of the day though, cheesy dialoge aside, I had fun.

Does that seem like a fair interpretation of Colors? Now lets move on.

2. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Yes back on topic please.

While I would hope for the demo to be City Escape because dat nostalgia for my first 3D Sonic game, it's more likely than not Rooftop Run. Question is, is it going to be just Modern running through that festival, or Modern AND Classic? To show off the newer, better gameplay? And like City Escape's modifications, will it get the "piss easy" mode treatment? Probably, considering it's litterally the second to last stage of the whole game.

With this logic, though, Planet Wisp will be a bitch. Let's hope Death Egg level level design is put into that stage, as well as many Launch Base throwbacks. That would be delicious.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    New demo? Says who, and when would we see said demo? I bet if we get a demo it's going to be City Escape. They've been cramming that level down our throats almost as much as GHZ these days.

4. Kogen

Kogen

Derp Banned
    Bouvet Island
    Last Party on the Moon
    Supposedly there is a demo coming this month with Rooftop Run (both Modern and Classic).

I cannot back it up, but awhile back someone posted text from the previous demo mentioning the date.

5. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    I can:

That loudmouth Jacktheinfinite101 found it while dicking around with the demo's contents. why didn't Jim find this?...

6. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    I posted the screens of the 2 zones on this topic awhile back. although just as they were screens.
    they were found when I ripped all the textures and converted them to TGA and png.
    I think there were a few more zone pics in there as well.

if you'd like to find any new clues of whats in generations demo check the textures since everything visual in the demo depends on them.
    http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=25598&st=0&p=598596&#entry598596

7. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    I like Ken and Warren as writers but they only wrote the announcer dialogue in Mad World as far as I know. The story itself was by Yasumi "Final Fantasy Tactics" Matsuno iirc

8. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    I never said I won't play it, but people are way too excited about this game. The level design so far hasn't wowed me, and it's very telling that y'all make such a fuss every time there's a hint of exploration, because you know what you've seen is as good as it's gonna get. Just like how they're showing us every friggin' level in the game as a 'teaser' as if they know we're expecting more.

As for the length, Sonic Colors had six zones with six levels and a boss for each, and the final zone/boss, and Game Land, plus the red rings and shit. It was short, but that's understandable because there's only so much you can fit on a Wii disc (and with such a short development period). This game isn't doing anything radically new, so if they plan on selling this as more of the same, then it should be more of more of the same. There's a place for games that play it safe, but are executed really well, or offer a good value on old content; this does none of those things.

Sonic Generations and Epic Yarn are both basic platformers, but the latter had a fun co-op mode.

9. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Just watched the Sky Sanctuary video and I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. = ) The stage is looking a little pacier than the original stage in places, but it seems there are quite a few areas where you'll slow down to do some platforming too. The criss-crossing multiple pathways should make this a good one for replayability.

On a side note, am I the only person who's loving the fact that the Red Rings now have a sound effect that sounds straight out of Sonic R? = D Love that game, in spite of how criminally short it was. Somwhat related to that; I'm hoping for "'Livin' in the City" as one of the alternative music options for Classic Speed Highway for more Sonic-R-related nostalgia goodness. = P

10. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

Not sure if this has been posted or not but...

I went to my local Wal-Mart today and there was a Generations demo on the Playstation 3! Unfortunately it was the same Demo we got in June. (Classic Sonic only) I destroyed everyone's time in the demo. (45.96 - messed up quite a few times.)

Also, that Rooftop Run demo was for TGS only, (Closed Doors) I'm pretty sure the next & final demo will be Modern and Classic Green Hill zone. Don't expect too much. We're less than a month away from Release!

11. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    They had that sound effect in Sonic Colors, I thought it was pretty neat. Seems like there's an added effect layer or something this time, it's a bit different.

12. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

>Implying I didn't find it.
    >Implying that has anything to do at all with a second demo.

If they do release a second demo it's going to be GHZ modern, nothing more.

13. Columind

Columind

Geistbox Member
    Music and Comics
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCxNzcoD4Cs[/youtube]

Sup Perfect Chaos

14. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    That remix of Crisis City is absolutely perfect. Planet Wisp: Beautiful. My gosh.

My only issue... What the heck did they do to Perfect Chaos? Last I checked, he was a water dragon.

15. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    >Greentexting without the green text.
    >2011

[​IMG]

16. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Ok, that was awesome. Also, the Crisis City remix reminds me of Gene Gadget Zone.

EDIT: Classic Planet Wisp and Classic Crisis City are giving me vibes of Forest Falls Zone and Chaotic Inferno Zone, respectively.

17. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I love that Crisis City music.

Also perfect Chaos still looks like a dragon to me.

18. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Nice trailer, but once again there are no mentions of a PC version :(

19. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    What the hell are Sega interns doing uploading trailers at 2AM in the morning?

20. corneliab

corneliab

Planet Wisp is just drop-dead gorgeous in motion. Nonetheless, I wasn't expecting Crisis City to sound like it does... oh well.

Perfect Chaos is looking kinda weird, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.