don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    I'm okay with Classic Sonic having a voice.

As long as he can only say

"Yes!"
    "I'm outta here"

and of course

"Bubble!"

Agreed completely!

Also, the term "Paradigm shift" fucking rocks!

2. So what, is it going to be one of those things where Classic Sonic puts his finger out and begins his sentence, but Classic Tails just immediately interupts him being the little kid/ crazy fan he was at the time, and have that as a running gag? That's the only way I can picture him "speaking on his behalf" or else it'd be kinda awkard having the two hedgehogs and foxes talking about battle plans and Classic Sonic just starring at them, haha.

3. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    So have Tails pull a Daxter. I could see that working.

4. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    And right at the end of the game, when he finally gets his big moment to speak, as soon as he opens his mouth the screen cuts to black and the credits roll.

5. Flare

Flare

I like the idea that Tails' can talk but Sonic can't. Wonder if they will acknowledge it or just leave it as an in joke. I would like though that at the end classic Sonic has one line and it is read by Jason Griffith, just to piss everyone off. Better yet have Drummond start speaking then he clears his throat and it's Griffith. But anyway I am loving the games look so far they seem to be really creative with levels that were already designed.

6. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Having Tails talk for Sonic doesn't really fit the blue dude with the 'tude, unless his attitude is "Take it with my press agent."

And as for Classic Werehog, I see some nighttime Rooftop Run segments in those screenshots. Since we've seen the icons, it look entirely possible that Classic Werehog is an item during at least a nighttime act. Oy.

7. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    That bit about the Classic Werehog was a pisstake, surely!

Dick move if it isn't, especially if they intend to force the Werehog into Classic mode where it's by far the least welcome.

8. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    Okay, that actually looks pretty choice. I still would have to get a hands on impression, but if that's as solid as it looks I have no problems with Dimps' engine changes.

I also feel this way. I remember hearing that Dimps studied Chemical Plant Zone when they made Sonic 4. Now that they've studied the classics much more closely, that can't possibly be a bad thing.

9. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    But what if he then controls like Ristar with a Spindash? Is he that bad then? :v:

10. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    So, Classic Sonic who never spoke, is mute, and Classic Tails, who never spoke, talks on his behalf?

Iizuka, it's time to stop.

EDIT: Actually, Sonic did have those sound clips in CD, so the prospect that Classic Sonic needs a translator or whatever makes even less sense.

11. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    Can actually see it working if Classic pantomimes things when he wants to communicate and Tails, being the precocious youngster that he is, attempts to decipher the flailing.

Think Super Mario RPG.

12. FIFE Productions

FIFE Productions

Sonic Retrograde
    I considered making a hack like this once, but even Ristar was a little frustrating to me. If it is in-game, let's hope for better control.

On the subject of Laryngitis Classic Sonic, I personally think it makes him look more like a badass man-of-action type guy. Who needs words when he can just beat you down?

Tails talking... well someone has to talk. I agree with StriCNYN3 and the comical approach.

Or they're going to go for the whole "If we speak to each other it'll create a time paradox that could destroy the world" type deal. I like the latter, prefer the former.

13. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Frankly, I'm less worried about Classic Werehog being like Ristar and more about the eventual Modern Werehog being like Unleashed :colbert:

Nobody says they can't improve, hell, the Unleashed Daytime gameplay has improved a lot between Unleashed a now, but the mention of a Modern Werehog will be enough for people to not so kindly tell Sega to fuck off.

14. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    If classic tails has to say anything please make him have the personality of his AoStH counterpart :)

15. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    So I'm a little confused, making Classic talk is a big no no but Classic Tails talking for him is somehow a-okay? I don't recall Classic Tails being 'chatty' either, but uh, okay then.

And all this Werehog talk makes me a bit uneasy. Not because I think it'll ruin the game, but because I know it'll make god knows how many people go NOPE at the game automatically and...well you get it I'm sure. Hopefully it'll be handled in a way that won't rustle people's jimmies too badly.

16. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3iCG20ZPQc

Has this trailer been viewed yet? If it has ignore it.

I do like the classic robotnik robot in the end of it.

EDIT: yeah its been posted, but this one is 720 :3

17. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    Preview article for Gens HD, was shown a hands-off demo of both versions of Rooftop Run, too. Apparently Classic actually gets to board the airship towards the end. Neat!

Well that's cool-

*head desk*

18. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Hey TimmiT, did they do anything different in regards to the modern music for Modern Mushroom Hill or is it the same music with slight changes? Just asking since no footage has been shown yet which has the actual sound over muffled stuff and German voices.

19. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I was at a public gaming event with loud noise coming from everywhere. This is like asking a blind man if you have a good looking car.

20. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Modern Mushroom Hill is just the Genesis version (no, seriously). Classic one is slightly remixed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.