don't click here

The Sonic Merchandise Topic

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Retro_Stew, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Mobiethian

Mobiethian

Oldbie
    POST DELETED

2. cornholio857

cornholio857

The Great Cornholio Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    In search of TP
    I have that exact Sonic bank that you have on your shelf there. Haven't ever seen anyone else with one! :thumbsup:

Mini-Sonic had a little too much to drink. :v:
    [​IMG]

3. Hey, so do I. I thought I had some weird bootleg toy. That thing is HIDEOUS.

4. Screwdriver

Screwdriver

Get it? A sonic screwdriver? Member
    Timey-Wimey detector.
    Okay I am now crazy jealous of you. I saw those pencils at a Big Lots once when I was younger but I didn't get them and I haven't seen them since.

Also I've got that bank too somewhere.

5. I second the pencils. Never seen them, but they look like DS stylus. Pretty cool if you ask me.

Also, that Sonic coushin you have with SONIC and his face on, did you get that off of eBay or was the an official licensed product?

6. Mobiethian

Mobiethian

Oldbie
    I did get it from Ebay. It was manufactured by Toy Network and is a registered Sega product.

The pencils, gel pens and SA figures I purchased together at Walmart in 2000 and was told they wouldn't last long in stock.

7. Huh. I picked myself up a cushion exactly like that, off of eBay as well. I initially paid probably £10~12 for it, including postage and was sent Sonic, Shadow and Knuckles cosplay hats instead. I told the seller this and she then told me to keep the hats, and sent me the Sonic Cushion and possibly a Knuckles Cushion too (They're at my other house so I can't remember).

The odd thing regarding this was I could have sworn they were sold as 'home-made' or what not. I can't exactly remember the motive behind myself buying them either when I was younger...

EDIT:

Adding to the subject, I'm currently having a little look on eBay and found this:

Classic Sonic Figure
    [​IMG]

(Bigger image on site)

And I'm willing to bet that's the method used when moving between zones on Generations.

Cross post from Generations thread:
    [​IMG]

8. Doppelgengar

Doppelgengar

I've been looking for the 5" Classic Sonic but can't seem to find him anywhere [aka GameStop and Toys 'r' Us]. Anyone got any leads on it? And those Super Sonics are fuckin' sweet and I want them now.

9. Spindash54

Spindash54

Did you ever wonder how he spins in place? Member
    Every single GameStop should've gotten them in last week. If they didn't sell out already, maybe they're hiding in the back.

10. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I did a look around today, and I saw a few in Target. If you can find one near you that would be a pretty good place to look. Not to mention the 5 inch is only ten dollars, AKA the same price as the 3 inch figures are everywhere else. (For anyone wondering, the 3 inch figures are only 6-7 dollars there, Target seems to be the best place to go to snap all of these up if you're in the States.)

Oddly enough, every other place I hit up (two GameStops in a mall, one near the Target, and a Toys R Us) didn't have any of the 20th Anniversary figures. And of course, Target, being the only place I saw that had any figures, had every Wave 1 Toy except the 3 inch C. Sonic. The hunt continues!

[strike]and damnit Jazwares stop having lots of figures I can't resist all of a sudden.[/strike] Actually, since those Super Sonics popped up out of nowhere, maybe we can still have hope for Classic Knuckles/Classic Eggman figures?

11. Screwdriver

Screwdriver

Get it? A sonic screwdriver? Member
    Timey-Wimey detector.
    Is there any word on an E102 figure?

12. There were some metal sonic and eggman sets on eBay. I'll see if they're there later when I'm home.

13. Doppelgengar

Doppelgengar

Found em, thank you very much.

14. wELCOME cONSUMER

wELCOME cONSUMER

That office full of Sonic merchandise is impressive! Every fan's dream, no doubt.

Is there a thread for buying/selling/trading on this forum? I've looked but I'm not sure if I just missed it or if there just isn't one.

I've owned some Sonic merchandise over the years, focusing mainly on plushies and odd-ball items. My favorite item is this animation cel from the Saturday morning cartoon. It is from an alternative intro that was storyboarded and even animated but ultimately abandoned. The most noticeable differences are the shading details and Sonic's position on the title. Not sure why exactly they didn't go with this but perhaps the Sonic featured here did not match closely enough the character design featured in the series. Well, whatever the reason, the alternative intro is pretty rare as a result. I think most people believe it to be fake, since it wasn't officially used in the final product.

I also have a normal Chao plush and was wondering if anyone knew where to find the other chaos plushies (NiGHTS, Angel, etc)

As I mentioned before, I'm not sure where a thread is located on this forum that is dedicated to sales. I will mention here, hopefully without violating any rules, that I am selling a few Sonic items on eBay. I'd love for these items to go to hardcore Sonic fans out there, then I would feel like they were loved and cared for (they sound like pets, hehe) Besides a Rouge the Bat plush, I also have an Espio the Chameleon plush from 1996. Looking at his original costume and coloring, I much prefer the old Espio. The modern Espio has too much "badattitude" for my taste and did they make him pink?! I look at the new Espio figure and art and wonder if I'm color blind. The original was a particular shade of purple but newer and newer renditions of him seem to gravitate towards pink. Very weird. I also prefer his original eyes. The old Espio had what looked like spiral shaped black eyes. Now he has the standardized eye with yellowish iris. Kind of uninspired and boring, really. The spiral eyes were creative and striking.

15. Demi

Demi

Oldbie
    IS THAT SOME GOD DAMN BUDLIGHT!?

16. cornholio857

cornholio857

The Great Cornholio Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    In search of TP
    Yep. It's not too bad. I prefer Stella for the most part. I won't drink Natural Light though. Bleh! There's also some great local breweries here that have awesome beer!

17. Got my '91 Sonic figure. Thanks Retro'ers!

It came with a free Motobug Avatar prop-- code printed on receipt. Fun freebie.

No figures at my local Target or Toys R Us. :(

18. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Checked the Gamestop at my university for Sonic figures. They weren't as openly advertised as everything else, being close to the floor on a low shelf in front of the cash register.

They looked cute, but looking at the joints and thinking about the overall look and pose-ability, I figured "nah" and just put it back. Not worth the $10 out of my pocket, better suited to little kids. I'll save that towards those awesome D-Arts Rockman X and Zero figures.

Now those are fucking cool and made for nerds like me.

While I was there I decided to ask them why didn't have a Generations demo at their 360/PS3 kiosks. He said network guys from Microsoft and Sony come monthly to load new demos onto there, so chances are they'll have the Generations demo jury-rigged to work on there for people to play.

19. Spindash54

Spindash54

Did you ever wonder how he spins in place? Member
    The GameStop guys have no power over what goes into the demo machines for the kiosks. Same as you were told, we just get an update disc every month or so with new videos/demos. Usually the demos are out of date though. Videos are sometimes new.

Case in point, a new disc game in for the 360 today. Demos included Lego Star Wars III, Lego Pirates, WWE All Stars, and MLB 2K11. I think Lego Pirates was the only new one...

20. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    So, I got a 1991 Sonic figure.

...Is quality control bad on these things, or did I just have shit luck with the one I picked up? Sloppy paint, huge scratches on his head, sideways leg, and a bump in his spine like someone dropped it.