don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Korama

Korama

Tech Member
    The last one is: ????????? - switch screen size

2. ancara

ancara

I would laugh hard if Sonic Team used this to explain all the plot holes and inconsistencies in the Sonic Timeline.

ie: "Hey, why is it that the moon was broken in half in SA2, and yet is back to normal the next game?" "Time Eater. :v:"

3. gold lightning

gold lightning

I stopped questioning things like this when it established that Sonic can breathe in open space but not underwater.

4. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    A post on Sonic Stadium with something I agree on. When looking at the CG Cutscene list and the stages and bosses...

I also know we don't care about the 3DS version, but in a similar vein I predict the 3DS version will do:

ERA 1
    -Sonic 1
    -Sonic 2
    -Sonic 3 & Knuckles

ERA 2
    -Sonic Advance
    -Sonic Advance 2
    -Sonic Advance 3

ERA 4
    -Sonic Rush
    -Sonic Rush Adventure
    -Sonic Colors

5. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    Someone mentioned in this topic is the demo we have an earlier version than the E3 and I said that the buzzbomber is replaced with the platform on the E3 ver, I now did an image to show the place where the change should be. Sorry for a crappy image...

[​IMG]

6. Nora Kisaragi

Nora Kisaragi

You know what else I just realized? With the pinball table DLC?

Sonic Spinball confirmed? -looks back to interview when guy was asked about sonic spinball-

7. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    There is still a hope that we fight the bosses in their respective levels, like stardust speedway for Metal Sonic.

8. Nix

Nix

"Watch out! It's that one guy!" Member
    Managed to get 0:46:81 on the demo, time to shoot for 45...

This speed running business is hard man.

9. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    This isn't really a big surprise. They were probably tweaking the E3 build until a day or two before anybody played it, whereas this demo needs more time to go through all the proper channels for approval and whatnot.

10. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Wa, I've already played through this one act demo more than any level in S4.

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Indeed there is, because none of those bosses have anything to do with the selected levels from the era, except Shadow who has a very slight connection to City Escape, but you never fought him there. Metal Sonic could be a sky sanctuary boss but that wouldn't be any fun :( I imagine that the level locales will be the following based off when you fought them in the past

Metal Sonic: Stardust Speedway - Modern
    Death Egg: Final S3K boss - Classic

Shadow: Ark Runway - Modern
    Perfect Chaos: Perfect Chaos Station Square - Modern

Silver: Soleanna - Classic
    Egg Dragoon - Classic

Basically my logic for those were which bosses involve constant running and lol speed. If the boss would, then Modern Sonic it is. If not, well it looks more like a classic battle.

12. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    For the record, Death Egg has been also used sometimes as the official name for the final boss in Sonic 2. For the big robot, not just the location.

13. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    So looking through the assets, it seems cutscene events are numbered as such:

1 SEGA Logo Cutscene (lol)
    11 CG Cutscenes
    1 Credits (lol)
    19 Story Cutscenes [In-Game]
    17 NPC Character Cutscenes (likely mini cutscenes before VS or co-op stages)
    11 Rival Cutscenes (Oui? There's only three rivals though. However, it could be that miniature in-game cutscenes initiate during the battle, there's an idea)
    14 Viewer Cutscenes (I have no idea what this is)

14. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Sounds like they're focusing more on the story than Colors was, considering the mass amount of cutscenes. Glad this is the case.

15. Nix

Nix

"Watch out! It's that one guy!" Member
    ...I'll settle for 0:46:54... for now.

Wow, all of this shit got leaked from a demo. This has to be like Sonic's worst birthday ever (for him anyways). Best birthday for us. :specialed:

16. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Not in-game, but Sonic did meet him there in a cutscene. I'm curious if that's where the fight will take place.

17. No sonic 3 level? Really? After years and years with sega trying to (re)sell sonic 3 and s&k as separate games, now they are considered as one?
    I just hope at least chemical plant is going to play like hydrocity. It's even written here on retro that actually hydrocity was based on cp.
    Well, apart from the (poor) level choice, good, good news over there. Loads of power ups, interesting bosses/rivals, a good supporting cast.
    I couldn't play the demo, but I doubt I won't enjoy it. I have seen playthroughs of ghz for too long, I already love it.
    Sonic team seems to got them all!
    Apart from tropes variety :v:

Oh, and now I'll have nightmares of running through rooftop run with c. sonic, than the sun goes down and.....

18. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    So is there any way to play the Modern Sonic stage?

19. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    Check this out, this comes from the ApplicationSetting lua file in the #Application.ar.00 file:

Code (Text):
    1. function applicationSetting()
    2.     AppSetting_Integer("SignIn", 1);            -- 起動時にサインインするか    AppSetting_Integer("SaveLoad", 0);            -- セーブロードするか    AppSetting_Integer("DeleteSaveData", 0);    -- 起動時にセーブデータを削除するか    AppSetting_Integer("DebugSequence", 0);
    3.     AppSetting_String("Language", "English");    -- "English","Japanese","French","Italian","German","Spanish"
    4.     AppSetting_String("DemoKind", "Demo");        -- Production/Demo
    5.     AppSetting_String("DemoDistribution", "Trial_Ver1");    -- PressTour/E3_Front/E3_Backyard/GamesCom/TGS/Trial_Ver1/Trial_Ver2
    6. end
    8. --
    9. -- 簡易的にチェックする場合は image/win32/work/Application/ApplicationSetting.lua を作成して記述-- 注!! Release版はworkから読み込まれません。resource/common/Applicationをアーカイブする必要があります--
    10. -- DemoKind          製品版:Production デモ版:Demo デモの種類は DemoDistributionで設定-- DemoDistribution  DemoKindがDemoの時だけ意味あります。--    PressTour                          ///< プレスツアー (4/12)
    11. --    E3_Front                           ///< Electronic Entertainment Expo (7/7-9) 表--    E3_Backyard                        ///< Electronic Entertainment Expo (7/7-9) 裏--    GamesCom                           ///< GamesCom (8/17-21)
    12. --    TGS                                ///< TokyoGameShow (9/15-18)
    13. --    Trial_Ver1                         ///< 体験版(その1) 4/15作成版--    Trial_Ver2                         ///< 体験版(その2) 本番リリースの前(9月か10月)--
    It lists the events Generations will be in and the next estimated date for the next "Trial" version.

I wonder since this a prerelease build if it's possible to activate a debug? It shouldn't be difficult since you can pack/unpack .ar files, and pack .cpk files. Anything with a # contains lua files that can be modified. I don't have a hacked 360 so I can't do this myself. Saz was able to activate a few debug things in Unleashed before, so it should be possible.

But I guess anymore of this stuff will derail the thread, heh.

20. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    it would be if he goes Super like Mecha Sonic did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.