don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    I remember mention of the engine being built from scratch, but SEGA has shown with Sonic 4 that they have a liberal interpretation of the phrase "from the ground up," so...

2. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    So... any updates on Super Sonic?

3. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Jetronic at SSMB has 6 emeralds, and about 9 red rings to go.

4. corneliab

corneliab

5 to go. Man, this is exciting.

Watch the reward be... HARD MODE.

5. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
  6. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    [​IMG]

He's got 5 to go. Perhaps someone can lend a hand?

7. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member

Man, for some reason Sonic's line at 13:38 was ridiculously freakin' cool. Roger Craig's voice has finally registered with me, and it's fantastic.

8. corneliab

corneliab

Looks like he got the rings and is on the last simulator stage now.

9. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

10. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    GENTLEMAN, PREPARE YOURSELVES

+ - Btw I'm rendering the video, you can go Super while skydiving =P. After you collect 50 rings your icon where the wisps normally are changes into an icon with 7 emeralds, you press the wisp button and the announcer says "SUPER SONIC!"  

http://board.sonicstadium.org/topic/7425-s...mp;#entry223736

Can't wait for the video.

....aaaaaand I was ninja'd. XD

11. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    My body was not ready for this

12. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    It's like The Wizard of Oz and Pink Floyd all over again.

I may have to stay away from this thread for awhile. You guys are tempting me to spoil the game for myself so hard. I already feel partially ruined because I listened to the music for act 3 of Sweet Mountain and Planet Wisp (music's a big deal for me), and all this talk of super sonic is not good for me.

13. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Hey 1stKirbyever, are + - you getting points for every few seconds while Super Sonic like you do with the Wisp powers? If so, do you mind me asking how many for each increment? I only watched a few seconds so I don't feel too spoiled, so if the answer is obvious within the video forgive me.  

EDIT: Forgot spoiler tags, forgive me if something was spoiled, even though it's kind of obvious what we're talking about. :v:

14. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

+ - Should be 2,000, I can't reach an S-Rank with Super Sonic at all due to the lack of the wisps power.  

15. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Hmn now... I wonder what happens if you get all S-Ranks, it tallies those too... Hmn... Unleashed didn't tally them so I wonder if they do something as well...

16. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

I'm actually working on that right now. (currently 30/44.) Here are some facts about + - Super Sonic: -Super Sonic cannot use wisp's powers -Levels that require wisps powers are edited for Super Sonic -Super Sonic is not playable in Gameland, E.G.G. Shuttle, or Bosses -Super Sonic gains 2,000 points every second -Super Sonic has infinite boost  

17. corneliab

corneliab

Oh man oh man oh man asdfhlkas

...lol, I can't help but remember this post I made. Pretty nutty that it actually happened.

18. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    YouTube Memes
    Now I HAVE to get all the red rings. And the S-ranks too, because I'm a completionist like that.

Though it's kinda disappointing that + - Super Sonic can't use wisp powers   .

19. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

1stKirbyEver may link it the moment I do, but he made a video of the special unlockable... SPOILERS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnvC7iFyG5M

EDIT: Oh wait, a post a page back has the video. I thought it was to Jet's screenshot and didn't click it before. :eng101:

20. ah2190

ah2190

I think this is because the Wisps transform Sonic, + - but they can't effect Sonic while transformed, (unless they are involved in the transformation) meaning that they can't transform Super Sonic  
    That way, you can + - still complete the level as Super Sonic   , I guess
    + - Seeing as Gameland has the robots, I doubt that they could turn Super. And I think the reason why Challenge Mode doesn't let you use Super Sonic is because it would be overkill. The same goes for the bosses.  
    It's every TWO seconds, not every second.
    I have only one word to say to this: BOOST, BOOST, BOOST! + - This makes Super Sonic key for Time Attacking most levels  

Also, does + - Super Sonic   have infinite air?

Finally, I can't believe that two people was ninja'd with regards to + - Super Sonic   being in the game!