don't click here

Sonic Fan Remix

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by pelikan13, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    I think my eyes are still blinded because it saw too many beatiful things. Right after the credits I played again, after those credits a third time. Then I tried to find out how to quit the game, but I didn't find any buttons, so I had to use the task manager way.

Now just add some decet anti-alasing and you created the most beatiful 2.5D game ever.

2. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Alt+F4, or you can use Alt+Enter to switch to windowed mode, and once you're windowed you can use the X in the top right corner.

3. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    I'm gonna get shot, lacerated, impaled, and then banned for this, but imo, "This is truly Sonic 2 HD as you imagined it." And this time, I mean it in a good way.

Seriously, if pelikan and Mercury keep going along the Sonic 2 in 2.5D route, they could end up making the true Sonic 2 HD.

EDIT: Although, yes, my first playthrough, all the scenery made it hard for me to see where I was going, and ran into my fair share of badniks and pits :\

4. I think that, if this is trully gonna be a Sonic "Remix", It has to be more that just S2HD and I think Pelikan is planning on this too!

I hope this project can take the best of Sonic!

5. GMFattay

GMFattay

Just played this through twice, looks amazing even on the fastest settings. I love the effects when destroying a badnik. It gives me great satisfaction for busting them up =)

Very nice layouts and flow on act 2. I like the way speed is rewarded, hitting ramps at great speed allowing you to reach higher areas with more rings etc.

This really is what Sonic 4 should have been. Well done.

6. Amethyst

Amethyst

Using WINE I just get a garbled mess. Oh Windows, you were good for some things.

7. Awesome!

I'm downloading it right now (rapidshare.de is quite slow for me >_>), but I'll have to restart under bootcamp to play it. Maybe I'm asking too much, but, on future releases, can you include a Mac version too?

8. Tichmall

Tichmall

J.League PK Party, a "penalty kick" minigame.
    I played the game twice. It's beautiful, as many other members said, and it works pretty well even on my quite old PC. What amazes me is that you're only two people to do the whole game, music apart.

The critics I could do is that when you do a little jump, there is a lot of inertia and I usually jump too far when I aim for a spring that is just in front of me. Also, the music of the second act is Hill Top Zone, but it's just a demo so it'll change I suppose. I'd like to hear some kind of sad music in this rainy act, it would give a great environment to play in, while Robotnik is building his "Roboland". The same kind of music as Planet Wisp Act 2 if you want an exemple (Act 1's tempo is too fast to match Emerald Hill).

Everything else is top notch. Keep it up !

9. aaronlong

aaronlong

cartoon guy Member
    Toronto, Canada
    Mostly non-Sonic-related, but I make cartoons.
    This is so amazing. It feels like a completely new game, rather than just a revamp of Sonic 2 (which is a good thing, obviously). The graphics, music, programming... everything is great. Well done. I'm really looking forward to more.

10. kazade

kazade

A 2D Physics Engine
    What Wine version are you using?

I tried it with Wine 1.2 in a virtual desktop of 800x600 (set in winecfg) and ran the game "fullscreen" on "fastest" and it run ok. There was a little corruption around Sonic occasionally when running full speed though.

11. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    This game is so good it won't even run on these college lab computers! :v:

I'll try it out on the beefier computers later. It'll be disappointing if I can't get it to run, though.

12. Tidbit

Tidbit

Am I the only one who can't get the download to work? It keeps telling me the file is copyrighted and was removed. Any chance some one could upload it to a better host?

13. Destructiox

Destructiox

Masochistic Maniac, Raving Lunatic Member
    East Midlands, England
    Sonic 1 Lunacy.
    There have been three mirrors posted in the last few pages for it, maybe try looking.

14. celebi23

celebi23

I'm having the same issue. Would like to try out this at some point.

15. Robochao

Robochao

Pretty fun demo. Evil motobug got me so many times!

16. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    My PC barely gets this to run at about 15-20fps, but it was totally worth it. *obligatory "Why can't Sonic 4 be like this?" part of post*

17. Robochao

Robochao

15-20fps even on the simple graphics setting?

18. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    12fps on lowest settings here.

19. Okay, just played it. No one told me it was out. :(

The only complaint, and seriously, I mean only, is that it feels like Sonic doesn't jump high enough. Otherwise, perfect.

Also, running in 3D Anaglyph is hooooot~
    [​IMG]

20. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    So I just played all 3 acts; all I can say is this fan game exceeded what I expected. I'll go straight to the point with my negatives, even though this is obviously an early demo:

- Motobugs everywhere. Reminds me of the Sonic 2 Beta snails.. in a bad way.
    - Act 1 and 3. Not that having the existing layout was bad, but playing Act 2 felt so refreshing and original that seeing EHZ 1 and 2 in Act 1 and 3 was a bit dissapointing. I highly anticipate more level layouts like in Act 2.
    - I'm just gonna assume stuff like looking up, down, item boxes, save poles, etc. aren't programmed yet, so I'll let that slide. Not a problem. :)

Overall though, I think I'm eating my own words. This is a pretty awesome fan game and it's a shame not even the school computers can let me play it at its full potential. :v:

I have plenty of level concepts laying around (a few with some psuedo-3D), I'd love to share them with you guys sometime.