The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Stonerboy

Stonerboy

Anyone seen these Sonic 2 screens/mock-ups before? Found them in an old Italian magazine today.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Just something I wanted to share while listening to my mp3 player yesterday, probably old news, but

Sonic CD's Toot Toot Sonic Warrior Jingle is in the Sonic Adventure Invincibility Theme.

Compare this,

To :05 in this,

Can't wait to be oldnews.jpg'ed, but hey, was a surprise to me at least. :specialed:

3. The guitar in between is It Doesn't Matter. A good merger of Sonic's first two vocal themes (in Japan).

On a related note, I don't own the original Dreamcast version, but do the "Jingle" versions of some songs (like Invincibility) that appear in the Sound Test appear anywhere else?

4. There are many unused songs in the sound test, but a number of them were removed (from the menu, not from the data) from the GameCube version. I don't know the circumstances for the uses of the different "Choose Your Buddy" jingles, but I know that IIRC "Jingle E" is not used at all. "AMY: Hurry Up!" is used in Tails' story.

5. I don't hear it.

6. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    I love how Sonic and Tails have exactly the same sprite in both images.

7. In Sonic Heroes, if Amy uses her hammer twisty thingy (Press the B/action button quickly and release), If she does this and hits Big and Cream, they appropriately say "Ow" and "That hurt!". Found that to be a nice touch.

Also, in Mystic Mansion, every single segment of the song is separated into a perfect 16 seconds, which segment of the song plays depends on where you are in the stage. Another nice touch on Heroes' part :)

Edit:

Also forgot, in Emerald Hill zone, the unused 'burning log' is loaded into PLCs, it's either that or HTZ's burning ground, either way the levels have a different PLC que, so don't know why it's there.

8. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I remember those along with the beta title screen in an old MEGA magazine long ago, most likely from a batch of pre release images sega sent out.

9. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Yes, as far as I know these are old, AND mock-ups. Surprisingly they're not on the Sonic 2 Beta Wiki though.

10. TomoAlien

TomoAlien

Poland
    I just found out the sound quality of the Sega chant is lower in Sonic and Knuckles and Sonic the Hedgehog 3. Surely it was done because of size constraints.

11. Do you mean in the Sound Test, or on the actual start-up screen?

The startup screen sounds about the same quality as Sonic 1 and 2, but the sound test version is definitely lower quality for some reason.

12. The Sega-developed F-Zero GX: Eggman cameo?

13. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    It's also in a slightly different pitch. This must surely have made Sonic fans rage in 1994.

14. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Sonic 2's Sega Chant's pitch is higher than Sonic 1's. But I'm sure you knew that. xP

15. TomoAlien

TomoAlien

Poland
    On the startup screen. Listen closely to the way the S in SEGA sounds in both games. It's a lot clearer in Sonic 1 and 2.
    The easiest way to determine quality is by listening to the s vowel. The clearer it is, the better the quality is.

Also yes, I noticed that SEGA chant in Sonic 2 has a higher pitch.

16. Hmmm... maybe I should make a comparison video of these for YouTube, unless there is one already. But I don't think there is.

17. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    If you do you should use a very accurate emulator, or even the original hardware (possibly one with TmEE's audio mod) if you have means to do so.
    Hm maybe I can try to dump some wav files with Nemesis's Exodus later...

18. Espyo

Espyo

Portugal, Porto, some street
    A Pikmin fan engine - Pikifen (https://pikminfanon.com/Pikifen)
    I sort of wanted to do it, but if you want, go ahead.

Also...

Is that right?

19. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Reminds me of this time I was watching Wheel of Fortune and one of the contestants said "I'd like to buy a vowel... Can I get a 'S'?"

20. You can do it if you want. Knowing me I'll just start it and procrastinate for the next few years, like I did with several other videos I still have sitting in my Videos folder, unedited. I'm pretty lazy when it comes to stuff like that...