don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    If I remember correctly, it's something to do with the last directional button you pressed before entering the tube - at least, that's what I've read (either here or on CulT).

2. I've seen quite a few ways to do that, so you'd better surprise me with one that I haven't already seen.

Oh, and it's "weird" not "wierd" btw. I'm a grammar nazi.

3. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    This isn't old?

4. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    He says, correcting spelling but not grammar.

5. Fine, I'm a spelling nazi. Happy now?

I wish there was a term for someone who hates everything that is incorrect, language-wise.

On-topic: I think I figured out this Egg Carrier thing by myself.

6. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    This is an interesting one I discovered earlier.

Many Japanese/English translators translate "Eggman" to "Robotnik", and "Robotnik" to "Eggman".

7. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Sorry, when you're typing on your Wii, mistakes will be made, right? Give me a break :v:

8. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you;

(Skip to 1;40 for the glitch).
    Let me know what you think. Neat, eh?

Also, the video is still processing, hence the quality and the name.

9. Heh, nice. I knew how to do part of it, but not the part with the light dash and after.

I'm surprised any of that stuff out there is actually solid. In most games you fall through stuff outside the normal level boundaries.

10. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    Yeah, a lot of engines give objects basic collision data when imported into them.

The Egg Carrier is probably one huge modeled object, rather than one object with a bunch of details around it.

In Modern Warfare 2, if you hack the game to leave the boundaries, pretty much every single object will have collision on it. I've seen my brother climb buildings and such you're not supposed to. :v:

11. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

That's right actually ^

The Call of Duty games give you collision outside of the maps. Online on Modern Warfare; Reflex, I was able to get out of the map in a private match through exploiting a glitch, and I could walk around outside to my hearts content, and it was a huge desert. It actually looked pretty awesome. The level behind me was intact and looked like some huge destroyed village.

There are other games which give you the same sort of stuff. You can go outside of Hyrule castle on The Wind Waker,which is pretty interesting too.

12. I like to noclip outside of maps on Call of Duty 4, and I've found quite a few places where you can fall to your death or pass through objects.

Additionally, the Wii version of World at War is absolutely full of such glitches.

...Just proving my point.

13. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I don't remember seeing these sprites anywhere in S3K (the "B,C,D,E,F,G" sprites):
    [​IMG]
    They look similar to the mappings used in S2 on the 2 player versus results screen. Or at least to me.

14. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Could they be the ones from the level select, but with the wrong palette applied (ie the one from the title card)?

15. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Ninja'd.

16. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Well damn you're right. I can't believe I didn't notice that before. :v:

17. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    They appear with that very palette in the Data Select which you should have passed through right before you took that shot.

18. Chuck D Head

Chuck D Head

The Dead Zone
    Semi-Super Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    SEGA has slipped in another Dragon Ball reference in Sonic 4. We all know LLZ Act 2 gets lit up when Sonic turns super. Well, in the DBZ episode "Next Up: Goku", Babidi changes the "second stage" of his ship/base into a Planet which does not receive any light, ie: pitch black. Goku turns SSJ, and the planet is entirely lit. Coincidence? Who knows.

19. I doubt that's an intentional reference. They probably just thought "Hey Super Sonic glows shouldn't he light up this place to make it easier?"

It's not like Sonic isn't packed with DBZ and Star Wars references already. (Silver = Trunks anyone?)

20. ColinC10

ColinC10

Tech Member
    It's done using the seconds value on the timer. It takes the first route on an even number and the second route on an odd number.