don't click here

Sonic Megamix

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Stealth, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graxer

Graxer

It's great to see that Megamix is still alive! The level looks awesome, and is much better than the old Starry Night Zone!

2. Titan

Titan

UK
    Looking good! Can't wait to play :-)

3. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I haven't been more excited about a fan creation since I played the last demo of Nexus. And I do mean that for every single fangame that has cropped up between then and the time of this posting. Amazing job. I'll have to grab the Sega CD at my local place after all, cause playing this on my computer will do a horrible injustice.

4. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    There are a few moments when I can't tell what's foreground and what's background. Like the block the spring is attached to near the very end.

Other than that... SWEET GRANDMOTHER'S SPATULA! Can't wait for the next release.

5. I just had an orgasm to the music... defenitely iPod worthy :D

Cool level too... was never a big fan of stardust speedway in sonic CD, but still, love the work that was put into it.

6. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Watching the video again, it looks as though the level design is Stardust Speedway-esque too. Please say it is so.

7. Yep. I love Team Megamix. I was looking at Tweaker's "current project" tag the other day, and I saw Sonic Megamix, and thought it was a cruel joke.

Nice to see even more polish on an already fantastic hack.

8. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Damn it Tweaker, way to raise the bar ridiculously high. That looks just too good!

9. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Team Megamix is to Sonic and its fandom what Zeus, Athena, et al. is to Greece. AKA, Gods.

10. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    Very beautiful and it looks like a great tribute to Stardust Speedway.
    You know how layers have a special way of working in the Star Light Zone, do they work the same in that zone?

Anyway, thanks for the vid! :)

EDIT: Haha, MarkeyJeter worked on this, I was wondering why it was similar to his style so much :P

11. Felik

Felik

Looking great! But what Megamix really needs is even more dash panels!

12. Drex

Drex

Lazy perfectionist Member
    The music, the artwork, the loads of detail, the unique concepts... Why do I seriously feel like crying right now? That was magnificent and I haven't wanted to experience a game more than I do right now. Bravo!

13. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    This looks brilliant, but one thing. That thing beneath the signpost with speed on it, is it actually gonna work? I'd love to see that =P

14. NHY

NHY

I like what I see, Tweaker. Good to see progress on Megamix.

15. If you look closely at a couple of points in the video (Around 0:30 is the first one), you can see the sign working.

16. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    OMG THIS LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER THAN SONIC FAN REMIX WHY CAN'T PELIKAN13 DO THIS WITH SONIC 4
    It looks brilliant fun, and the music is super cool, too.
    can you say roughly how far along you guys are with this release? If this level is anything to go by, pretty much every level is getting new music, art and layouts?

17. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    It looks awesome, has awesome music and an awesome level layout. But for some reason I also don't really like it.

It's good to see, that this hack is still being worked on and that still process is being made, but I'm not really "satisfied". It feels too blue, even though it's a night based zone.

18. neonsynth

neonsynth

Previously 'SonicVaan' Member
    Germany, Stammbach
    gaming and music production
    I don't really want to repeat what everyone said here, so...

... thanks for the video. Cheers, Team Megamix.

19. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    THERE'S TOO MANY SPEED BOOSTERS! THEY'LL RUIN THE EXPERIENCE BY MAKING YOU FEEL LIKE THE GAME PLAYS ITSELF! BITCH! WHINE! POUT! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! j/k >_> The level looks super fucking awesome and I'm love the graphics.

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Holy shit an update. Didn't see that coming ever again. But what an update, that level looks fantastic. Nice work good sir

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.