The Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyrotix

pyrotix

Brooklyn, NY
    Newmindspace
  2. I must have a beta of Sonic 4! Greatest unreleased game since Sonic Xtreme!

3. celebi23

celebi23

+ - I wish :v:  

4. Tried the UK site. Seems unresponsive as of now... the video section...isnt...

POSSIBLE VIDEO UPDATE!

Using Firefox BTW.

5. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Using (an old version of) Firefox. The UK website is working fine.

6. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    There's no video update. Ruby just said on the SEGA forums that they're shifting some shit around; everything should be back up by tomorrow-ish. I'm guessing there was a server move or something.

7. RAMPKORV

RAMPKORV

Oldbie
    Sweden
    Licking my girlfriend's anus
    Sadly, that's not the case.

8. Tobibrocki

Tobibrocki

I don't know if this is even worth a talk, but:
    I don't know what you guys thought when you heard the first 10 seconds of the "Ending/Credits" theme from Sonic 4: Episode 1 (I mean before you saw the actual leaked footage), but, in my case, I thought when I heard this little melody that Tails would catch Sonic with his Tornado and they would fly in a sunset while the screen dims into black and the credits start to Roll!
    Most of us know by now that this melody has no part in a ending cutscene sadly! :/

Anyway, what did you guys think when you heard those 10 seconds?

9. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    I just thought it was a fairly nifty opening for the medley. I didn't try to read much into it because I kind of assumed there'd be a separate music track for the ending scene, as always. (Has the medley track ever started before the credit roll? Nope.)

10. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    You guys all really have watched the ending? Why ruin it for yourselves? I only watched two or three small parts of the leaked videos, totaling no more than 15 seconds.

I never understand why people do this. :psyduck:

11. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    "Because I'm the sort of weak-willed little cretin whose first action, upon obtaining his copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, was to skim the back end of the book and spoil every important plot twist there was."

...is my answer.

EDIT: But I think the discussion here is referring to the leaked soundtrack, not the leaked footage.

12. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Same reason I spoiled NSMB Wii: I probably won't get the game for a loooong time. :v:

13. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Oh sweet jesus that was brilliant. I saw it coming, but I laughed anyway. Bravo to whoever made it, bravo.

14. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

I was bored, so I made this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ5A2BdDfnU&

...as a parody of + - the boss battle we all know will happen in Episode II.  

Probably not as funny as that "trailer" was (to pretty much everyone but me, I just found it "kinda" funny), but meh, I was bored.

15. "I'm outta here"*Jumps off screen*

LOL

You totally owned Metal Sonic there.

16. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    [​IMG]

I broke the internet. This is technically Sonic 4 related.

17. Tobibrocki

Tobibrocki

Once Sonic 4 is fully released, somebody should do a hack like this (after he/she ported the game to PC or Mac that is)! =3

18. Chaud

Chaud

Because it is a platformer? You know, those games where storyline means nothing, and only the gameplay matters?

To me, that sounds like asking why someone would follow the news about the "Super Street Fighter 4". Why, at this point we know about all the characters and new levels and new moves. More interestingly, published by Capcom itself. Why would someone "ruin" her experience watching? The short answer is, we don't ruin anything.

Similar to what happens in the case of SF4, Sonic is a game where the fun is in playing alone (well, mostly). There is no plot, and even when there is any, it's not important. In a movie, or an RPG, your reasoning would make sense - the plot and the facts about the game are an integral part of the experience. The surprise to find a certain character or go through certain events is of paramount importance to achieve the "expected level of fun". But not all of this applies to every game, and Sonic 4 is one such case. Nothing that I've seen, or will see about the game can have a significant effect on my enjoyment, when I finnaly will be able to play it.

But maybe that's just me, who knows.

19. Exactly!

Think about old games even simpler than platformers, such as Pac-Man... If you watch someone else playing it for 20 seconds you've pretty much SEEN everything about the game, but that doesn't take any of the fun of playing it away.

Also, I'm not gonna be able to play this for a looooong time after the release (my best bet would be emulating the Wii version, but I somehow doubt this will work well), so I'll be stuck with videos anyway.

20. I've been thinking.
    What exactly is Sonic Team doing suring the development of Sonic 4. Dimps is making the game.
    The 20th Anninversary is due in 2011....but thats for another thread.

This whole leak business, true while it doesn't really spoil anything, in terms of Story, the whole idea of someone, filming a beta of the game just irks me. I mean it was basically a playthrough of the whole game except without the special stages. It shows a lot of disrespect for the people making the game.
    I don't really care whether it is Dimps, or id "SEGA deserve it". They're making a game addressed to us older fans and what happens, it gets leaked.
    On this occasion SEGA's whole feedback plan saved us, as it helps us to help them to improve the game, but had it been another development team and publisher, after this game they may have just abandoned the retro idea.

My thoughts is all, don't take this personally

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.